Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hooligan x

GenCon Indy 07

Re: GenCon Indy 07

Not this year. Eosin and I went last year but we pretty much decided that the investment in time and treasure can only be budgeted for every other year. Hopefully in 2008.

I'm planning to go with my usual group. At some point I shall have to pick four four-hour games from my ever-increasign repetoire to run...

Fortunately I have someone else to deal with the housing headache this year (and the last couple of years). She is much pickier than either I or her husband (which means its best if she makes those decisions) and has the time to sit poised at the computer on registration day.

I'll be there. I keep meaning to run something...who knows? I'm going to try and branch out a bit more in games this year. Maybe this'll be the year I make it into a Cthulhu game.

Evil Fleet will be there again. We're also very pleased to have Joe Linehan running games under our banner. Expect 12-14 events from Evil Fleet, many of them HERO, Call of Cthulhu, and Paranoia. And of course, Can of Whupass 2007!

Ah, it's good to live Indianapolis! At least, in August...we're getting up to a foot of snow today, and maybe freezing rain on top of it; biggest storm in a generation 'round these parts.

I'll be there and so will Katie!

There was the annual housing drama yesterday. Seems housing accidentally opened at midnight and about two hundred people sneaked in and got their preferred reservations, but GenCon figured that was unfair and wiped those reservations and re-opened in the afternoon fresh. And, as per usual, the housing system kept timing out as folks entered their payment information.

I am so glad someone else got to fight with that mess this year on my behalf.

I had no problem just calling local hotels directly and getting reservations. Pick 4-5 hotels that you like and just cold-call them on your own.

I never could figure out this GenCon Housing thing, I've gone twice (made reservations for 3, counting the year I had to cancel) and never had any problem at least finding a room in the area. Maybe not at the convention site itself, Mr. Scott Bennie helped me out on that count last year.

TB

It's 11:33 EST on 2/13 and the GenCon Housing Website is saying EVERYTHING is sold out already. Is this true ? I can't believe it would ALL be gone already. Is anyone else getting this ?

We made reservations last night about 10:30 EST. We were only able to get from Thursday night to Sunday checkout. Normally we arrive Wednesday. We are going to work other ways to try and get a room Wednesday night. According to the front desk there are 2 other events in town that weekend. But to answer your question, yes, it looks like the GenCon blocks sold out quickly. You might try to call the GenCon housing and see if they are opening up more blocks or if there is another way to get reservations. Two years ago we made reservations ourselves (at Embassy Suites) and it wasn't a problem.

Yes' date=' I agree DIY is the way to go. Just had OddHat reserve us a Suite in our usual Hotel at regular (non-convention) rates. We'll pay more, but at least we'll have a room. This is crazy. :ugly:[/quote']Is that the insentive for going through GenCon on room reservations? Discounted rates?

Whatever, I'll take standard rates knowing that I'm getting what I want rather than let someone else ration what I have available.

TB