Western Hero Book

RPMiller

Re: Western Hero Book

Strangly, it isn't a case of me trying to "sell" it. I really don't have any interest in the "genre" at all. All the Buffy/Angel/White Wolf angst'isms did for me, was to utterly destroy any use/interest of anything Vamp/Were in my games. Instead of them being horrific dark beings, all the players think "buffy" and they become about as threatening as Pokemon. Whenever I see a Deadlands book on the shelf the cover art screams "Buffy" "Pokemon" rather than anything interesting. Stoker probably has friction burns from turning over in his grave.

Just an opinion of course, but cover art is just as likely to drive off a potential customer as attract one. Kinda like GW's dwarves with mohawks and nose rings ensured I never bought anything else from them either.

Sorry, I got confused between you and "wylodmayer"...:doi:

I picked up my Western Hero book yesterday! Thank you very much Tom, I've already begun pouring over it. :D

I am also rushing ahead now with my Western Hero game on Hero Central. I was able to whip up some profession prefabs for HD as well as the everyman skills and Gunslinger Shootin' martial maneuvers.

Things are looking pretty good.

As for Talon65 and Spence's conversation, while I have to admit to being somewhat intrigued by exploring those elements I have to stay focused on my Cinamatically Realistic game that I have planned. However, if it goes well, I may just explore the Deadlands style setting. Thanks for the info Talon65.

Kenzer & Company are releasing a "Shattered Frontier" version of the Old West called Aces & Eights. This will probably be in the vein of Hackmaster with overly complex rules concerning gunfights, plus more potential enemies besides indians as the Confederate States of America, Mexico, Spain and several other countries vie for control of the lands west of the Mississippi river. Advertised price was $49.99 and stresses over 400 pages of material.

I, personally, will have to look it over before I give it a try, but whatever floats your boat. :)

Matt "Remembers-1st-Edition-AD&D-books-were-$12-back-in-the-early-80's" Frisbee

• 3 weeks later...

Kenzer & Company are releasing a "Shattered Frontier" version of the Old West called Aces & Eights. This will probably be in the vein of Hackmaster with overly complex rules concerning gunfights, plus more potential enemies besides indians as the Confederate States of America, Mexico, Spain and several other countries vie for control of the lands west of the Mississippi river. Advertised price was $49.99 and stresses over 400 pages of material.

I, personally, will have to look it over before I give it a try, but whatever floats your boat. :)

Did you see the PDF previews yet? (Go here and scroll down.)