[Super Team] Young Titans - GenCon 2007

OddHat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [super Team] Young Titans - GenCon 2007

Okay, enough questions. I like Alot. But why is none mentored by the Mighty Ithecles? ;)

Would Ithecles like a side kick? ;)

The Teen Titans actually have three more brick types I haven't used as homage sources, mostly because of the overlap with other characters. Amazing how many flying bricks are running around in DC.

Would Ithecles like a side kick? ;)

The Teen Titans actually have three more brick types I haven't used as homage sources, mostly because of the overlap with other characters. Amazing how many flying bricks are running around in DC.

I know! It's almost as if they don't have any good ideas. :D

Only if you want to, it would be an honor. :yes:

Fiction, long and not entirely relevant, how Ithecles got his sidekick,

Two Years ago, in the Land of Legends:

Zeus, son of Chronos, sat proud upon his throne. Shining in his glory, he looked upon the heroic figure before him.

The Mighty Ithicles looked up at the king of the gods. “Hi, dad.”

Zeus Olympios looked down upon his son. “Hi, dad?”

Ithicles considered briefly. “I say thee, hi dad,” he ventured.

Zeus snorted.

Ithicles shifted slightly. “Sorry, pops. I’ve been down there a long time. I’m blanking on the niceties here.”

Zeus allowed a smile. “No worries, boy, we can be casual. So, how’s the hero thing going?”

Ithicles relaxed. “It’s going really well. You’d be amazed what it’s like down there. Endless waves of evil doer’s to smite, epic deeds to accomplish, cities and worlds to save. Seriously, almighty dad, it rocks!”

The lord of storms smiled widely down at his son. “Good, my boy, good! Just what I like to hear!”

Ithicles returned his fathers smile.

“Now listen, son,” said Mighty Zeus, “what do you know about a group of mortal mystics called the New Circle?”

Ithicles thought for a moment. “I’ve worked with them. Good people.”

Zeus nodded. “There’s trouble, boy. I need you.”

The Mighty Ithicles snapped to attention.

“Just about thirteen years ago, a wave passed through the Land of Legends. Everybody felt it. Odin thought it was a precursor to Ragnarok, but he always thinks that. Ra got his panties all in a twist about mortals stealing his cabbages; you know what he’s been like the last few millennia. The three sisters just refused to discuss the matter and looked smug. I didn’t think much more of it, but about a year ago it happened again. That time was bad. Hekate took to her bed for a week…”

“Well, pops, she is Hekate” interrupted Ithicles.

“Took to her bed alone, son. She wasn’t just pouting, either. Ever since then, she’s been throwing mortal slang around, quoting modern song lyrics, and generally acting strange.” Seeing Ithicles was about to interrupt again, Zeus shot him a dark look and pushed on. “Strange even for Hekate. I’ve talked it over with Athena, and it seems certain that Hekate has been linked to a mortal avatar. And, son, we’re not the ones that did it.”

Ithicles half smile vanished.

“I sent out Hermes to sniff around,” continued Father Zeus, “and his reports weren’t encouraging. The gods of eight pantheons are reporting similar events. Someone is tapping into the power of the Land of Legends, building himself godlings.”

“And what does this have to do with the New Circle, father?”

Zeus met his son’s eyes. “Just about a year ago, the New Circle took a group of human children under their wings.” Zeus paused for emphasis, and thunder rumbled (which, while a good trick, was also kind of expected when dealing with Zeus). “The children each show a spark of the divine, a spark that’s growing.”

Ithicles’ considered this. “I see. So, you want me to go talk to the New Circle and see about getting the links between these kids and the pantheons broken?”

A crafty look came over Zeus’ normally open features. “Not exactly, my boy. We don’t yet know whether or not this link is a bad thing. You know what the Ban has meant to us; cut off from the mortal realms, we haven’t been able to properly encourage worship. Now, Hekate is linked to the mortal world; She hasn’t looked this good for a thousand years! The same is true for Odin’s girl, Freyja, and that cheap Japanese pretender, Susano. These mortal avatars could be a very good thing indeed.”

Ithicles shifted, looking uncomfortable. “Or, sir, a bad one.”

“Yes, my son. That’s where you come in. We’re giving you a follower, boy, a worthy female human with divine power, to mentor and guide. She’ll be about the same age as the rest of these young scallywags, and you’ll introduce her and try to get her into their little club. Through her eyes and ears, we’ll keep track of just what’s going on, and we’ll be in a position to stop it if things start playing out in a way that we don’t approve of.”

Ithicles looked even more uncomfortable. “Er, father, couldn’t Hekate take care of this? Her avatar is already in the group.”

Zeus glowered. (When people say “a face like thunder”, they’re thinking of Zeus.) “Hekate can’t entirely be trusted, boy. She’s drawing in belief from this link to Earth. Your student will be linked to multiple gods, so that no one divinity will be tied too strongly through her to the mortal world. Further, the link won’t be permanent. We’ll be able to break or maintain the connection as needed!”

Ithicles nodded thoughtfully. “And which gods will be lending their power to my student?”

There was a twinkle in Zeus’ eye. “She shall have the Power of Bia, the speed of Iris, the Strength of Cratos, the wisdom of Harmonia, the grace of Eos, and the Stamina of Nike!”

“Ah,” said Ithicles, “second stringers.”

Zeus smiled like a breaking storm. “And all loyal to me, boy. Every one of them.”

Ithicles agreed. It was a good plan. “And what shall we call her, father? She’ll need a superhero name. It’s part of the culture.”

“We’ve thought about that as well, boy. She needs a name that will make people think of and believe in us when they hear it. She shall be known as,” Zeus drew himself up to his full height, and his voice crashed through the heavens, “Miss Junior Olympia!”

Ithicles kept his opinion of the name, if any, to himself.

Miss Junior Olympia, ally of the Young Titans.

MISS JUNIOR OLYMPIA (REBECCA RILEY)

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10/50 STR 0 11- / 19- Lift 100.0kg/25.6tons; 2d6/10d6

14/24 DEX 12 12- / 14- OCV: 5/8/DCV: 5/8

13/23 CON 6 12- / 14-

10/15 BODY 0 11- / 12-

13/23 INT 3 12- / 14- PER Roll 12-/14-

10/15 EGO 0 11- / 12- ECV: 3/5

13/23 PRE 3 12- / 14- PRE Attack: 2 ½d6/4 ½d6

14/24 COM 2 12- / 14-

2+23 PD 0 Total: 25 PD (15 rPD)

3+17 ED 0 Total: 20 ED (15 rED)

3/4 SPD 6 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

5/15 REC 0

26/46 END 0

22/52 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 32

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 12"/192"

Leaping: 10”/20"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

The Power of Bia, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

36 1) Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

13 2) Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½), Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

6 3) Detect Magic and the Supernatural 14- (Unusual Group), Sense (7 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

The Speed of Iris, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

24 1) +10 DEX (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

31 2) Flight 12", x16 Noncombat (39 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼) 4

The Strength of Cratos, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

32 1) +40 STR (40 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼) 4

The Wisdom of Harmonia, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

8 1) +10 INT (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

8 2) +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

4 3) KS: Arcane and Occult Lore (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼) 16-

4 4) Persuasion 15- (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

4 5) Oratory 15- (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

4 6) KS: Mystic World (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼) 16-

The Grace of Eos, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

8 1) +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

4 2) +10 COM (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

The Stamina of Nike, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

16 1) +10 CON (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

8 2) +5 BODY (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

8 3) Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-¼)

Skills

0 High School Student: PS: High School Student 8-

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

0 KS: Teen Culture 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 218

Total Cost: 250

200+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: The Olympians 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Hunted: The Legendary Ithicles 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Hunted: Villains of Paragon City 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Reputation: Sidekick of the Legendary Ithicles, 11-

10 Social Limitation: Only 15 years old (Frequently, Minor)

5 Distinctive Features: Magical Aura (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Charitable and Good Hearted (Very Common, Moderate)

Total Disadvantage Points: 250

Background/History: Two years ago, thirteen year old Rebecca Riley, an orphan in Paragon City, saw a gang of toughs assault an old man and take his wallet. Not thinking, she chased the thugs into an abandoned train station. The thugs were gone, but there was the wallet on the tracks. The athletic young girl climbed down onto the tracks and retrieved the wallet, thinking only of returning it to the old man. There was a flash of light, and before the young girl appeared the Legendary Ithicles!

"Hey, kiddo," said Ithicles, "do you want to be a superhero?"

"Yes" said Rebecca.

The rest is history. Now, when Rebecca Riley says her magical word, she gains the power of Bia, the speed of Iris, the strength of Cratos, the wisdom of Harmonia, the grace of Eos, and the stamina of Nike! Guided by her mentor, the Legendary Ithicles, she fights for Truth, Justice, and the Olympian Way.

Rebecca is now legally the ward of the Mighty Ithicles.

Personality/Motivation: Rebecca is a smart, good hearted fifteen year old kid whose life was looking pretty bleak before she met Ithicles. Now, with the power of Miss Junior Olympia, she lives an adventure beyond imagination. Being Ithicles ward has also greatly improved her standard of living out of costume. Her gratitude is sincere, as is her desire to use her powers for good.

Rebecca comes across as innocent and a bit naive, but it's a mistake to underestimate her intelligence in either identity.

Rebecca is seriously considering changing her name to Miss Teen Olympia.

Quote: Put down your weapons and lets talk about this; you don't want me to hit you.

Powers/Tactics: Rebecca will normally find a safe place to change into Miss Junior Olympia, then fly into action. She prefers to demonstrate her strength and then make a PRE attack supported by her oratory to try to get a situation under control, but will move in and start trading punches if she has to. If she gets hurt, or if it's clear that her foes are too tough for her punches and kicks to work, she'll try a move through, or get creative with objects in the area.

Miss Junior Olympia can sense magic if she gets close to it, and has considerable knowledge (on loan from Harmonia) about the supernatural. She is also superhumanly strong and resilient, faster than most Olympic athletes, and can fly.

Mentor Notes: The Mighty Ithicles is a younger son of Zeus, and one of the Earth’s most noble and powerful heroes.

Campaign Use: Sidekick for Ithicles, ally for the Young Titans.

Appearance: As Rebecca, a very pretty fifteen year old girl with brown hair and green eyes. Dresses conservatively. As Miss Junior Olympia, impossibly beautiful flying girl in a white tunic, gold belt and sandals, and a short golden cape. Woven in gold on her tuinc's front is a representation of one of Zeus' thunderbolts.

Character by Robert Dorf, 2007

Shape changing love god, taking the Beast Boy slot, Bestiary:

BESTIARY (DERMOT MURRAY)

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 CON 16 13-

14 BODY 8 12-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 ½d6

16 COM 3 12-

6 PD 3 Total: 6 PD (6 rPD)

6 ED 2 Total: 6 ED (6 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

7 REC 0

36 END 0

31 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 85

Leaping: 3"/6"

Cost Powers END

18 Divine Nature: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½)

5 Not as bad as it looks: Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Does not prevent penetration (-¼)

120 Secrets of Form: Multiform (350 Character Points in the most expensive form) (+100 Base Points to all forms (5thER, p.211), Instant Change, x32 Number Of Forms)

Notes: Bestiary may currently assume the forms of 32 animals. Currently defined forms include Gorilla, Tiger, Tyrannosaur, Kitten, Elephant, Eagle, and Sea Turtle. More may be defined with GM's permission. All animal forms are required to take INT 10, EGO 10, DEX 20, SPD 4, and the full list of Dermot's skills. Forms may drop the Animal Inteligence and Mute disad and any form specific psych limits, but must take all other form specific physical disadvantages.

Skills

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3 Language: Irish (fluent conversation; literate)

2 KS: Celtic Mythology 11-

2 KS: Mystic World 11-

0 PS: High School Student 8-

0 CK: The Eternal City of Babylon 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 165

150+ Disadvantages

20 Hunted: The Defilers 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

10 Hunted: The New Circle 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Distinctive Features: Divine Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

10 Social Limitation: Only 15 Years Old (Frequently, Minor)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fool for Love (Very Common, Moderate)

Notes: Falls in "love" regularly, thinks other people should be in love too and tries to encourage this.

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident and Impulsive (Very Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Heroic Code (Very Common, Strong)

Notes: Protect the innocent, Never harm a woman or a child, Keep all vows, A wrong done to my friend is a wrong done to me

Background/History: Born in Dublin, Ireland, Dermot Murray was a happy enough child. Popular with other children, he often found himself as a leader in games and sports. By the time he was 11, he was instigating games that scandalized local parents, and charming his way out of trouble as best he could. Dermot's own parents were always kind, but distant, paying little attention to their son's antics.

Then came Dermot's twelfth birthday, and a trip to Japan that ended in a hidden temple in the mountains, a dark ceremony complete with masked cultists and a witch, and a transformation. That night, trapped in a room with seven other children, listening to the chanting of an old monster, Dermot found a connection inside himself to another being, another life. Knowledge poured into him. He was certain that he and the other children were going to die.

And then the doors were smashed open, and men and women in colorful costumes poured into the room and saved them all.

Dermot has spent the three years since that ceremony learning to use his new powers, and exploring his link to Aonghus Og, Irish god of youth and love. He has grown close to his classmates in the Young Titans (though, in some cases, not as close as he'd like). Dermot does have a serious side, and hopes one day to prove himself a true Hero.

Dermot's mentor is Silence, enigmatic shape shifter and hero of the New Circle.

Personality/Motivation: Dermot is overconfident, a romantic, a show off, touchy, bound by his word, and generally the stereotypical young Hero in love. Speaking of love, he believes he falls in it often, and when he's not pursuing his latest heart's desire can be found encouraging his friends to pursue theirs.

Dermot does take his duties as a Hero seriously, and will protect women and children with his life. If the women happen to be attractive, all the better.

Quote: "Hey there beautiful, what's your name?"

"Ouch"

Powers/Tactics: Bestiary can take any one of up to 32 animal forms, and his potential mastery of shape changing may be unlimited. All of his forms share his mind and personality. He can still generally speak in animal form, though his voice may be distorted. Bestiary's human form is fast, strong, and supernaturally resistant to harm.

In combat, Bestiary will take a form he feels is appropriate (he's fond of the gorilla indoors, the tyrannosaur when outside), make a display of strength, and follow with a PRE attack. Protecting non-combatants is generally a high priority.

Out of combat, Bestiary can be remarkably persuasive, and several of his forms make surprisingly good investigators.

Mythology Notes: Aonghus Og (Angus the Young) is a Celtic deity of youth and love, a trickster and shape-changer.

Mentor Notes: Silence is an enigmatic figure, a fairy tale monster with the mind and will of a very good man. Silence is a shape changer and master of psionics.

Campaign Use: A light scrapper with a number of utility powers, takes the Beast Boy slot on the team.

Appearance: As Dermot, a red headed Irish kid, tall and fit with a wide grin and green eyes. As Bestiary, any one of dozens of different animals.

I first designed this character with a large multipower, allowing him to mix and match Growth, Shrinking, HA, HKA, Flight, etc, all to simulate a given form. From a You Get What You Pay For view of balance, that's probably the best way to build a form changer in HERO. However, looking at it, it would have been intimidating for an inexperienced player at a con game, even with a list of suggested mixes and matches for various forms. So, I went the Multiform route, allowing the player to just flip through a stack of sheets. As the GM (me) will be writing those sheets, I don't expect any balance problems.

There was a twinkle in Zeus’ eye. “She shall have the Power of Bia' date=' the speed of Iris, the Strength of Cratos, the wisdom of Harmonia, the grace of Eos, and the Stamina of Nike!”[/quote']

Ahem. Her magic word is "Bitchin'"? :lol:

However' date=' looking at it, it would have been intimidating for an inexperienced player at a con game, even with a list of suggested mixes and matches for various forms. So, I went the Multiform route, allowing the player to just flip through a stack of sheets. As the GM (me) will be writing those sheets, I don't expect any balance problems.[/quote']

w00txxorz!!!!1!

Ahem. Her magic word is "Bitchin'"? :lol:

Gotta change with the times. ;):D

w00txxorz!!!!1!

Yup. I tried the multi-power route, and it worked, but the sheet would have been a nightmare for a newbie even with suggested slot combinations. The Multiform route is just flat easier in play.

The base of the Young Titans.

HAPPY LUCK CHINESE RESTAURANT AND ARCANE ACADEMY

Val Char Cost Notes

11 Size 22 Length 50.8", Width 25.4", Area 1,290.16" DCV -11

5 BODY 3

5 DEF 9

Total Characteristic Cost: 34

Cost Powers END

12 Plot TV: Detect Broadcast and Cable News Stories Relevant to the Viewer's Interests 14- (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Perceive into the viewer's home dimension, Telescopic: +24 (42 Active Points); OAF Bulky Fragile (Wall mounted TV; -1 3/4), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4) Note: The Plot TV sits on the wall, mounted above a bulletin board covered in faded post cards and notices. The viewer will always find news stories relevant to his interests, but may need to make an ego roll to focus his interests on the situation at hand. 0

48 Kitchen Doors: Extra-Dimensional Movement (From Earth to Babylon and back again, Any Chinese restaurant), x8 Increased Weight, Usable By Other (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (169 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2), Gate (-1/2) Note: The kitchen doors of the Happy Luckopen to any Chinese Restaurant on Earth, and Zau Jun (the base AI) may use his own abilities to track members of the New Circle or Young Titans to allow them entry from Earth. Note that the Gate is not visible unless one is looking directly into it. 0

5 Uncle Miyazaki's Big Book of Everything: Universal Scholar 15- (24 Active Points); OAF Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/4) Note: Uncle Miyazaki's Big Book of Everything is fixed to its pedestal in the library. It has the ability to display the contents of virtually any book ever written, anywhere, making it an invaluable research tool. Its one major drawback involves the sheer length of time it can take to find exactly what you're looking for.

5 Uncle Miyazaki's Illustrated Travel Guide to Everywhere: Universal Traveller 15- (24 Active Points); OAF Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/4) Note: Bolted to it's pedestal in the Library, Uncle Miyazaki's Illustrated Travel Guide to Everywhere has street maps and travel tips for practically every town and city on Earth, and a few more besides.

3 Everful Pantry: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat) Note: The pantry of the HLCRaSHA is always full. 0

Perks

120 Location: City; Location Difficult to defend location, Modifier Another Dimension, Resources/Condition Extremely developed/inhabited or very good resources Note: The Happy Luck Chinese Restaurant is located in Chinatown, in the Eternal City of Babylon.

3 Linked to Zau Jun

Skills

7 Concealment 11-

7 Disguise 11-

Rooms of Note Note: These are effectively "labs". They act as a complimentary skill roll for players using the room in question.

2 1) PS: Instructor 11-

2 2) PS: Cooking 11-

7 3) Paramedics 11-

2 4) SS: Chinese Medecine 11-

2 5) PS: Weight Training 11-

2 6) PS: Sensei 11-

7 7) Research 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 234

Total Cost: 268

Total Disadvantage Points: 268

Notes: The Happy Luck Chinese Restaurant and Arcane Academy is located in Chinatown, in the Eternal City of Babylon (see Mystic World). Established by The Master, mentor of the New Circle and possibly Earth’s greatest master of the mystic arts, the Academy appears to be an ordinary Chinese restaurant from the outside. Inside, it is surprisingly large, containing a fully functional restaurant on the first two floors, a dojo, library, weight room and classroom on the third floor, and medical, sleeping and other facilities on the fourth floor. The basement is an ever-full pantry, at the center of which rests a spirit jar containing Zau Jun, the spirit that actually maintains the Academy.

Base by Robert Dorf, 2007

The base is maintained by a bound Spirit, built here as an AI.

Zau Jun, named for the kitchen god, maintains the Happy Luck Chinese Restaurant and Arcane Academy, and acts as the student's instructor when a member of the New Circle is not available.

ZAU JUN

Val Char Cost Notes

28 INT 18 15- PER Roll 19-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

18 DEX 24 13- OCV 6 DCV 6

3 SPD 2 Phases: 4, 8, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 60

Cost Powers END

87 Mystic Powers: Multipower, 87-point reserve

9u 1) Craft Ectoplasm:: Summon 16 Any sort of servant, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Slavishly Devoted (+1), Expanded Class of Beings Any Type of Being (+1) (87 Active Points) Note: Zau Jun can craft any sort of servant from ectoplasm. Servants may last several weeks, and perform various tasks around the base. 0

2u 2) Spiritual Hands: Telekinesis (3 STR), Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), No Range Modifier (+1/2) (29 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) Note: Zau Jun may manifest ghostly hands to accomplish tasks in the Academy 0

5u 3) Manifestations: Sight Group and Normal Hearing Images 1" radius, +/-4 to PER Rolls, No Range Modifier (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (50 Active Points) 0

45 Sight and Hearing Groups: Custom Power (45 Active Points) 0

10 May See Anywhere within the Academy: N-Ray Perception (Sight Group) 0

10 May Hear Anywhere in the Academy: N-Ray Perception (Hearing Group) 0

12 Perceives Everything in the Academy: +4 PER with all Sense Groups 0

30 Guest Sense: Detect Chinese Restaurants and People in Chinese Restaurants who have signed the Academy guest book 24-/20- (Sight Group), Perceive into Earth's dimension, Telescopic: +24 0

30 Swift Perception: Rapid ( x1,000) with Sight Group and Hearing Group 0

20 May tend to any guest: Universal Translator 15-

Perks

3 Linked to the Happy Luck Chinese Restaurant and Arcane Academy

Skills

3 PS: Cook 15-

2 PS: Instructor 11-

3 KS: Arcane And Occult Lore 15-

3 KS: Chinese History, Culture, and Cookery 15-

3 Research 15-

3 Paramedics 15-

3 SS: Chinese Medicine 15-

3 SS: Computer Science 15-

4 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Personal Computers) 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 290

Total Cost: 350

300+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: The New Circle 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to the education of the Academy's Students (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Vain about the quality of the Restaurant and the Academy (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Must obey Correctly Phrased orders from members of the New Circle (Uncommon, Total)

0 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Notes: Named for the Chinese Kitchen God, Zau is a spirit inhabiting the Happy Luck Chinese Restaurant and Arcane Academy. His personality is a mix of proud restaurateur and irritable headmaster. He does care for his students and even his guests, but sees himself as host and teacher rather than as a servant.

Within the Academy, he’s quite powerful, able to control its many artifacts directly as well as sense anything that occurs within its walls. Zau can also “see” into any Chinese Restaurant anywhere on Earth, and can always find those who have signed the Happy Luck Guest Book, so long as they’re in a Chinese Restaurant. This allows him to use the Happy Luck’s Kitchen Doors to transport students back to the Happy Luck.

Zau is able to craft semi-sentient servants from ectoplasm; these are used to provide a staff for the Happy Luck, and to perform various tasks in the Academy.

Only the complete destruction of the Happy Luck itself is likely to destroy Zau.

This Character Summary Sheet will be handed to the players at the start of the game:

Who are the Young Titans?

Students and sidekicks of the New Circle (Earth's Mightiest Mystics), the Young Titans are:

Susano, hot headed young master of Storm and Sea!

Powers: Flight, Strength, Invulnerability, Weather Control.

Note: Japanese

The Judge, boy genius detective, acrobat and martial artist, master of the Green Dragon Crescent Blade!

Powers: Powerful magic weapon, highly skilled, faithful Ghost Horse companion.

Note: Chinese

Crossroads, space twisting trickster!

Powers: Teleportation, Speaks all languages, Mystic Insight

Note: Kenyan

Freyja, teen goddess of love and war!

Powers: Strength, Flight, Charm, Prophecy

Note: Norwegian American

Weaver, tomboy princess of the bow!

Powers: Magical bow and arrows, highly skilled, extraordinary luck

Note: Egyptian

Diamond, brawling Buddhist teen strongman and wrestler!

Powers: Great strength and invulnerability

Note: Indian

Hekate, Goth Girl Mistress of the Mystic Arts!

Powers: Powerful Sorceress

Note: Greek

Bestiary, shape shifting adventurer!

Powers: May take the form of almost any non-mythical animal

Note: Irish

And, friend and ally to the Young Titans,

Young Miss Olympia, teen paragon and champion of justice!

Powers: Flight, Strength, Invulnerability

Note: Greek American

The only description that struck me as a bit off was Bestiary being described as a playboy. This implies an older (mature) person, not a teen-ager to me. I'd suggest "young rake" or "young Casanova" or similar.

Besides that, it's all full of win and awesome. :thumbup:

The only description that struck me as a bit off was Bestiary being described as a playboy. This implies an older (mature) person, not a teen-ager to me. I'd suggest "young rake" or "young Casanova" or similar.

Besides that, it's all full of win and awesome. :thumbup:

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I was iffy about playboy myself. I'll think about it.

I'm also thinking of changing Diamond's name to Thunderbolt; both are correct translations of the name of the god he embodies, and Diamond makes me think he should be made of diamond or something. Dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to feedback during the playtesting stage, at least three characters will receive re-writes:

Susano

Weaver

Crossroads

First rewrite will be Susano.

What did I do?

The Mighty Susano, Prince of Storm and Sea!

SUSANO (HIROSHI EGAWA)

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 [5]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

23 CON 26 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 ½d6

10 COM 0 11-

24 PD 14 Total: 24 PD (14 rPD)

24 ED 19 Total: 24 ED (14 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

15 REC 0

46 END 0

47 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 142

Flight: 15"/240"

Leaping: 13"/26"

Cost Powers END

45 Lord of Storms and the Sea: Multipower, 45-point reserve

4u 1) Susano's Lighting: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (45 Active Points) 4

Notes: Susano may release blasts of lightning to strike against his enemies.

4u 2) Master of Storms: Change Environment 1" radius, +2 Temperature Level Adjustment, Varying Combat Effects, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; Covers a 1 KM area; +¼), Personal Immunity (+¼), Varying Effect Broad Group (Any Weather Effect; +1) (45 Active Points) 4

Notes: Susano is the master of storms, able to create virtually any weather effect at will. Susano himself is immune to the weather he creates.

4u 3) Call the Winds: Flight 15", x16 Noncombat (45 Active Points) 4

Notes: Susano may ride the winds, travelling at great speeds.

14 Divine Resilience: Damage Resistance (14 PD/14 ED)

11 Divine Life Force: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)

5 Divine Recovery: Rapid Healing

12 Ride the WInds: Leaping +3" (13" forward, 6 ½" upward) (Accurate), Usable as Gliding (+¼) (12 Active Points) 1

Skills

3 Master of Storms: Power 11-

0 Language: Japanese (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

2 KS: Japanese Mythology 11-

0 KS: Japanese Pop Culture 8-

0 KS: American Pop Culture 8-

0 PS: High School Student 8-

0 CK: The Eternal City of Babylon 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 108

150+ Disadvantages

20 Hunted: The Defilers 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

10 Hunted: The New Circle 11- (Mo Pow, Watching)

10 Social Limitation: 15 Years Old (Frequently, Minor)

10 Distinctive Features: Divine Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident, thinks he's much more powerful and impressive than is actually the case (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of the Innocent, Wants to be a Hero (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Show Off and Thrill Seeker (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Concerned about hurting innocents with the use of his storm powers (Common, Moderate)

Background/History: Born in Sapporo, Hiroshi Egawa may only have been a badly behaved school boy, but n his dreams, he was more. Hiroshi dreamed of a life as a mighty warrior, commanding the winds and battling monsters. In his days, he fought other boys, bullying and being bullied in turn. His parents ignored Hiroshi's wild behavior. On Hiroshi's 12th birthday, his world changed. Hiroshi and seven other children were taken to a hidden temple on the slopes of Mount Haguro. Forced to kneel, terrified, Hiroshi watched as a monstrous old woman conducted a strange ritual. Power filled Hiroshi’s body, but he could do nothing to reach it.

And then the Heroes came. The New Circle scattered the cultists, chased off the old woman, and took Hiroshi and the other children to a city like nothing any of them had seen, outside of dreams.

Now fifteen, Hiroshi has come to care for his new friends and teachers. Though his wild streak remains, Hiroshi knows what he wants to do with his life. He wants to be a Hero.

Personality/Motivation: Despite his wild side and impulsive risk taking, Hiroshi is good hearted, with a strong desire to be a true hero. While he can be thoughtless, his first goal is to protect the innocent. Of all the New Circle, he is closest to his mentor, Kanae, the Selkie Superheroine.

Powers/Tactics: Susano is the lord of the storm, able to call wind, rain and lightning to his service. His strength and resilience are superhuman, and his reflexes and speed are at the level of an Olympic athlete.

Susano will usually use leaping and gliding to close with a target, then use brute strength to overcome the foe. If this fails, he may strike with his lightning bolts, or in extreme cases use his ability to Call the Winds to perform a Move Through on a gigantic, prone or distracted enemy.

Mythology Note: Susano was the Japanese god of Storms and Sea, originally a trouble maker who eventually got kicked out of heaven, became a folk hero, and settled down to quiet married life.

Mentor Note: Kanae is Susano’s mentor. A Selkie, Kanae’s human form is beautiful, as is her seal form. The in between form is monstrous. Kanae, like Susano, can control the weather. A marine biologist, Kanae has tried to impress Susano with the responsibilities that go with his power of weather control, and the good he can do for the world.

Campaign Use: A flying light brick and energy projector, Susano takes the Superboy / Supergirl slot on the team.

Appearance: A short, slender Japanese teen, Hiroshi dresses in typical teen fashions. In combat, he wears a white yukata covered in images of storms, martial artist slippers, and a wrestler's face mask patterned after Kabuki masks of the god Susano.

Character by Robert Dorf, 2007.

Why he was changed:

Playtesting showed that Susano's activation roll was taking too much time in combat, and that his 4d6 RKA was a bit too effective for the opposition in the adventure.