(+1/4 END Only For Activation) and (-1/2 END X2)?

Demonsong

Are there any rules that state that you can or cannot have this limitation and this advantage on the same power? I can’t find any thing. I was thinking about just lowering the value of the limitation from –1/2 to –1/4 because it is not nearly so detrimental. Any input is welcome.

Thanks!

Re: (+1/4 END Only For Activation) and (-1/2 END X2)?

Well, in general you cannot have reduced endurance advantages and increased endurance lims on the same power, so i would not be hesitant to rule this as such a case.

but regardless, remember, its the GM not the rulebook who says "this is legal in this game". The rulebook is not RULES but a toolkit enabling a Gm to build the rules for his game.

So its not a case of "does something in print specifically disallow this" but " does the Gm say its OK"

tesuji has the bottom line right -- it's the GM's call.

If you want to be sure from an "official" standpoint, and own Hero Designer, try entering it using that program. If it lets you do it, then it's probably legal.

Per the current HD:

30 Increase END example 1: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/4) - END=6

20 Increase END example 2: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) - END=6

*Note that the value of the x2 END changes when combined with Costs END Only To Activate.

I'd say it'd depend mainly on how often the power in question needs to be turned on and off.

Well that is just a question of how often the character using the power gets Stunned or Knocked Out*. If that doesn't seem to happen very often in the game the amount of defenses may just be too high.

*In both cases the power would need to be restarted at the full x2 END cost.

Per the current HD:

30 Increase END example 1: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/4) - END=6

20 Increase END example 2: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) - END=6

*Note that the value of the x2 END changes when combined with Costs END Only To Activate.

Is the Increased END cost Lim halved, or is it a flat reduction to the Limit value?

(Don't have HD, so I can't check myself)

Is the Increased END cost Lim halved, or is it a flat reduction to the Limit value?

(Don't have HD, so I can't check myself)

18 Increase END example 1a: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -1) - END=15

10 Increase END example 2a: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2) - END=15

Looks like it's just halving the value just like the way it works for Incantations on a continuous power to start vs. throughout.

18 Increase END example 1a: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -1) - END=15

10 Increase END example 2a: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2) - END=15

Looks like it's just halving the value just like the way it works for Incantations on a continuous power to start vs. throughout.

That's what I figured, but I missed it in the book.

Groovy.

Well that is just a question of how often the character using the power gets Stunned or Knocked Out*. If that doesn't seem to happen very often in the game the amount of defenses may just be too high.

*In both cases the power would need to be restarted at the full x2 END cost.

Thats not the only reason, though. Imagine applying that to a Damage Shield. You definitely won't want to keep it on 24/7.