Zoey Bartlet in my campaign

Mark Rand

In my campaign, the United States has an English-style comstitutional monarchy. Josiah Edward "Jed" Bartlet, Ph.D. (in economics) was, despite his repapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, elected Prime Minister by his party's leadership.

His youngest daughter, Zoey, is a married circus performer. In the side show, she handles an 18-foot Burmese python, is the electric girl and the lady in the blade box. In the main show, she trains the big cats, rides a horse in the parade around the track, and handles a ring of liberty horses.

She has one superpower, mind control, cats only, 7 hex radius. One night, before she married David Reese, and before her father became Prime Minister, she had the dividers on the cat truck removed, so that they could move about. She then pulled on a black unitard and slept with her cats (three lions, two Bengal tigers, and two ligers). She left them the next morning without a scratch.

Re: Zoey Bartlet in my campaign

I chose 7 hexes as the radius for Zoey's power because it's large enough to cover a circus ring, which has an inside diameter of 42.5 feet and an outside diameter of 44.5 feet.

Zoey only uses this ability when the cats get completely out of hand.

Although she can control the black leopard and cougar in the circus menagerie, she won't. These two cats, Ebony and Maya respectively, were brought to the circus by their owner, Rumiko Nakamura, D.V.M., who bought them from the zoo she worked at when it went bankrupt.

Since Rumiko raised Ebony and Maya from birth, they think she's their mother. Also, Rumiko can mentally communicate with animals over a 1 hex radius. When she does this, her eyes glow, as do the eyes of the animal(s) she's talking to.

Um, you really seem to like the circus concept for your characters. I gotta say, the only time I'd use a circus of any type is as an homage to 60's Marvel or some such. Oh, and as the background to my joke characters Ben Steel & his bear Hans for a Golden Age game that never took off.

Um' date=' you really seem to like the circus concept for your characters. I gotta say, the only time I'd use a circus of any type is as an homage to 60's Marvel or some such. Oh, and as the background to my joke characters Ben Steel & his bear Hans for a Golden Age game that never took off.[/quote']

I traveled with the Carson and Barnes Circus for a few months in 1981.

If you want some weird ones, why not give Zoey or Rumiko the ability to uplift felines in her sphere of influence to human-grade intellect via a Transform or such.

She could act like a network server allowing them access to human-style thought processes.

There's always the idea of Clairsentience, requires felines as well.

If you want some weird ones, why not give Zoey or Rumiko the ability to uplift felines in her sphere of influence to human-grade intellect via a Transform or such.

She could act like a network server allowing them access to human-style thought processes.

Rumiko's abilities are derived from the writeup (without stats) of animal control officer Suzanne Mitchell in the pre-press edition of the San Angelo suplement on Arroyo Verde.

To read it, go to http://www.goldrushgames.com, go to downloads, then San Angelo, then Arroyo Verde. She's on page 10.

Edit: Rumiko's abilities are to help her while she examines the animals while Zoey's are to help her control her cats and keep her safe when she's in the same cage they are. Also, the lions, tigers, and ligers could be Zoey's followers while Ebony and Maya are Rumiko's.

There is always a chance that Zoey could get injured. Although circus's are required by law only to have someone on staff that knows first aid, The Ross Brothers Circus has a nurse practitioner, Catherine "Cat" Campbell, R.N.P., on staff.

Since laws vary from state to state, Cat can't prescribe medications for anyone. She can, however, provide first aid, give physical examinations, give prescribed treatments, and do other things that a nurse can do.

As a side note, when they advertised for a nurse in various nursing magazines, they were expecting to hear from LPNs and nurse aids. They didn't expect to hear from a laid off nurse practitioner.

...She then pulled on a black unitard and slept with her cats (three lions' date=' two Bengal tigers, and two ligers). She left them the next morning without a scratch.[/quote']Two responses come to mind (and this is all in good fun;)):

One: You can love your cats, but your shouldn't love your cats...

Two: I am glad that the cats were unharmed.

Two responses come to mind (and this is all in good fun;)):

One: You can love your cats, but your shouldn't love your cats...

Two: I am glad that the cats were unharmed.

Should've stated that Zoey wasn't harmed, but you knew that. Right?

Most of the fights that occur between circus people and non-circus people involve melee combat. Zoey and her husband are skilled in martial arts.

Her agents are aware of this. They're also aware that in order to keep her status as the alpha member of her pack, Zoey has to fight thugs when threatened. When this happens, Gina will get as close as she can and watch Zoey's back.

Zoey has three agents, Annie, Gina, and Mike, assigned to her.

Annie is the only agent on her advance detail and travels with Mary "Cowgirl" West, the show's 24-hour advance agent and bunks on the sofa in her motorhome.

Gina stays as close to Zoey as she can and shares the cabover bunk with Molly, the family's blue-point Siamese cat.

Mike, who walks around the lot, bunks in one of the sweatboxes. (One of the show's semis has been devided into five compartments lengthwise and two compartments widthwise. Each compartment is a sweatbox.) A widthwise cutaway view of the sweatboxes is attached.

The uplift will happen, but it'll be the result of animal rights activists deciding to free the animals after using a gas to give them human intelligence.

Unfortunately, for the activists, the animals turned on them. Maya, the cougar in the menagerie, said to several, "You hurt mommy." Her friend Ebony, a black leopard, then added, "We hurt you."

The assumption we are making in this thread is that Zoey's dad is either an appointed Prime Minister or became President of the United States without being elected to the post.

If he was elected, Zoey is a showgirl who just joined the circus. Her only power is her unusually high dexterity.