Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Hell' date=' I used to do it for fun - and pay for the privilege! It's actually a pretty nice way to start your day, if the weather's good.[/quote']

My wife tried to convince me to do that. It does look interesting, but since I get nervous at the top of a ladder (heck, sometimes midway), I don't think its for me. Fell on my head a time or two after a short fall, maybe that's why, but at least it explains why I'm not quite so bright. But at least I know I can at least walk and cry while only partially conscious. =)

Just fond this on the 1911 forum... not sure how they got the hollow-point to show, but neat. =)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37542[/ATTACH]

Found this vaguely clever...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37543[/ATTACH]

Perhaps perfect lighting. The barrel crown is very well lit too. Or I suppose they could have combined lighting and a bullet in the bore, not the chamber.

My wife tried to convince me to do that. It does look interesting' date=' but since I get nervous at the top of a ladder (heck, sometimes midway), I don't think its for me. Fell on my head a time or two after a short fall, maybe that's why, but at least it explains why I'm not quite so bright. But at least I know I can at least walk and cry while only partially conscious. =)[/quote']

Most paratroopers I know (myself included) are pretty afraid of heights... honestly, even at 800 AGL, it looks more like a map than "the fearful ground," and it's actually easier (though not too easy, it's still a bit of a thrill) than you think to exit the bird.

Most paratroopers I know (myself included) are pretty afraid of heights... honestly' date=' even at 800 AGL, it looks more like a map than "the fearful ground," and it's actually easier (though not too easy, it's still a bit of a thrill) than you think to exit the bird.[/quote']

Yeah, the first time I jumped it was really no big deal. We had practiced it so many times on the ground, using a half plane mockup, with a jump into a sawdust pit it was really a do-it-by-rote thing. Amusingly the second time I jumped it was a much bigger deal. We were training in a small plane so to fit the whole stick in, they took all the seats out except the pilot's and we knelt or squatted on the floor. There wasn't enough room to stand up, so to jump you waddled to the door, stuck your legs out and then climbed out onto the wheel, holding onto the wing strut before jumping sideways - so you didn't get the tail stabiliser in the head :)

I climbed out onto the wheel - looked down - and suddenly got this mental image like a sketch: the plane and me up in the air and a big arrow pointing at the ground saying "2 kilometres". I jumped anyway, but got a moment's severe vertigo: it was hard to let go of the plane. Oddly it never bothered me again after that, but I still remember that stomach-clenching feeling.

We had a woman in our group who had the same experience a couple of jumps later, but she couldn't bring herself to jump. She was basically paralysed in place - couldn't let go, couldn't jump - and also couldn't get back into the plane. They couldn't land with her on the wheel, so the jumpmaster tried to pry her loose. Alas, she had a panic grip on the strut that he just couldn't break, so in the end, he turned around held onto the pilot's seat, stuck his legs out .... and kicked her as hard as he could in the stomach :) She let go then right enough and sort of just fell off the wheel. She was on a static line so that was OK, but she couldn't or didn't control her chute so I saw her sailing away downwind - she ended up in some trees about 5 or 6 km from the drop zone! That was the end of her jumping career. I'd been first out of the plane so I saw them going round in circles and wondered WTH was up and why nobody else was jumping. I was the only one out on that flight because the next jumper after the woman who froze refused to climb out the door - the end of his jumping career too! Just shows that even people who have done it before freak out sometimes.

cheers, Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hero System Equipment Guide PG: 103, Second column, just above half way down (Collimating And Reflex Sights). And the stats are on page 107.

I'd post those, but I'm honestly not too sure how cool that is with copyright stuff... if someone else is more familiar/ confident then they can either correct me (to my satisfaction, and I'll post it), or just post it themselves, Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the US Air Force is they really don't have older craft (like the C-130) that are "perfectly good" So I can say I've never jumped out of a perfectly good Aircraft (LOL, I don't know if I used that one yet... if I have, sorry).

Seriously though, When I was in the 82nd we didn't have too many mechanical problems (there were some delays due to maintenance issues), but at Jump School, the C-130's got priority on repairs, and Benning paid for it, so we got in a lot of the reserves or even Air National Guard planes. Long story short, on my second jump one of the engines caught fire on the way to the drop zone, and they green lit us anyway and I got to jump a burning bird... Heck this was late '90's during the Clinton administration, so I don't know if that's still the way things work, but ya, I don't really consider the planes we jumped to be lumped under "perfectly good" Heck, most Air Force cargo craft are from the Viet Nam war... :)

I think I have found my next character's long gun

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/07/kel-tec-ksg-bullpup-shotgun/

Now THAT, I might be interested in... hopefully they make one with a better looking grip or even an interchangeable one. Would love to see that in a semi-auto version.

And... odd thought... but if they did it all the other way, feed tube on top and barrel on the bottom, wouldn't it make the pump handle smaller and make felt recoil less? Guess it would mess with the point of aim a bit, but so many people use raised sights on rifles and such anyway... ?

Now THAT, I might be interested in... hopefully they make one with a better looking grip or even an interchangeable one. Would love to see that in a semi-auto version.

And... odd thought... but if they did it all the other way, feed tube on top and barrel on the bottom, wouldn't it make the pump handle smaller and make felt recoil less? Guess it would mess with the point of aim a bit, but so many people use raised sights on rifles and such anyway... ?

It might be more difficult to set up the feed system, but...

It might be more difficult to set up the feed system' date=' but...[/quote']

Oh yeah, forgot... well, might have to be a top feed somehow, but it could still eject out of the bottom. *shrug* I'll still take one if it goes semi-auto. I don't like where they put the feed tube switch. Should be more accessible. Maybe a selector switch over a cross-bolt safety? *shrug* Still, its pretty cool, I'd wondered when someone was going to do a bullpup shotgun. =)

I'm pretty positive that shotgun... or one very much like it' date=' appears in [i']Kazei 5[/i].

At first glance it seems a lot like the Neosted. However, it seems to have a completely different operating mechanism. I suspect it would be more reliable, but...

At first glance it seems a lot like the Neosted. However' date=' it seems to have a completely different operating mechanism. I suspect it would be more reliable, but...[/quote']

Yeah... its not in there. I think I was thinking either the Neostad or the SRM Arms Model 1216. I'll have to make a note of this one if/when there's a companion for K5 released.