Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcar

hcar_legit_package.jpg

7.62x51, in 20 round clips not enough throw weight for you?

Try 7.62x63, in 30 round clips!

30-06. "Don't call it a comeback! I been here for years, rocking my peers putting suckers in fear...making the tears rain down like a monsoon...don't ever compare me to the rest that get sliced and diced...competition's paying the price! I'm gonna knock you out!"

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcarhcar_legit_package.jpg7.62x51, in 20 round clips not enough throw weight for you?Try 7.62x63, in 30 round clips!30-06. "Don't call it a comeback! I been here for years, rocking my peers putting suckers in fear...making the tears rain down like a monsoon...don't ever compare me to the rest that get sliced and diced...competition's paying the price! I'm gonna knock you out!"

I like it, but for the price...

Now, chamber it in 6.5-.284 or .338-06 improved, or .280 improved, and it might be even better.

.280 Improved? Is that based off .280 British/7x43mm that the EM-2 was going to be chambered in?

No, though that would be one of the best general purpose rifle calibers. The .280 is a Remington cartridge made by necking the .30-06 case down to 7mm/.284. It is a good cartridge, but when it is modified into an "Ackley Improved" configuration, it is roughly a match for the 7mm Remington magnum, but using less powder. It is a pretty high pressure cartridge but very good at long range. My dad built one with a 27" barrel, and pushed 140 grain Banes triple shocks at, iirc,3300fps. Might have been only 3200, but still a superb combination.

Edit tablets can be annoying.