Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

....what's the point? I mean, for real life, what's the point? And the jeweled gold version? *blech*

Seems like a fine amount of work and resources all culminating in a completely useless item... unless you're gunfighting mosquitos or something, I suppose....

Certainly interesting, I just don't get why they made it.

....what's the point? I mean, for real life, what's the point? And the jeweled gold version? *blech*

Seems like a fine amount of work and resources all culminating in a completely useless item... unless you're gunfighting mosquitos or something, I suppose....

I suppose it might be like the tiny functionig crossbows and such I have seen made by jewellers.

I love this thread!:winkgrin:

Here are the firearms my current Pulp heroine, Veronica Dare, uses the most. She's a total gun bunny.{snip}

and some of my favorite "fantasy" arms. Mostly "Shirow" inspired weapons.

gcx07dr6.jpg

scorpionbykoroneau2.jpg

018sc2.jpg

I play airsoft, and I was wondering if you had any idea where you found these mods. I'd love to have one sitting around the house.

I suppose it might be like the tiny functionig crossbows and such I have seen made by jewellers.

Outside of novelty, I still really don't get it... for either the pistol or the crossbows. =) I wonder what, if any, the rifling is like on the pistol? =)

Outside of novelty' date=' I still really don't get it... for either the pistol or the crossbows. =) I wonder what, if any, the rifling is like on the pistol? =)[/quote']

You expect to shoot anything at a range where rifling matters with that thing? ^_-

Is concealability an advantage with this thing? How much smaller is it than guns with bigger bullets?

But I can certainly see the novelty value, too. :D

It's like a derringer. Gold and enamel versions of those were made back in the 19th century, too, which should tip you off to the market. I was at a museum with my dad, looking at one of the really tiny derringers as a kid and I made a similar comment. He just laughed and said "It's made small so you can keep it in your purse. If you ever need to use it, your target will be close enough that you can stick the muzzle in his ear."

cheers, Mark

Its... the size of the last segment of your finger... you'd HAVE to stick it in someone's ear, I'd think, to hurt them. =)

As far as the rifling question, I'm more just curious if they bothered and what that took to achieve if they did so. =)

I mean, Derringer's are small, but this makes a derringer look enormous. And... uh... Markdoc, "your purse?" *wink wink nudge nudge*

I play airsoft' date=' and I was wondering if you had any idea where you found these mods. I'd love to have one sitting around the house.[/quote']

Wish I could tell you more but about all I can tell you is that I picked them up off a Japanese website somewhere.

I mean' date=' Derringer's are small, but this makes a derringer look enormous. And... uh... Markdoc, "your purse?" *wink wink nudge nudge*[/quote']

Yeah - your purse - it's a ladies gun. I guess you could tuck it into your bra .... As for size, it's about the same size as the small ladies derringers they used to make - like this guy, which is shown a bit larger than life size

derringer.gif

The tiny french rimfire pistols that inspired the derringer were popular with .. ahem ... working women and were sometimes called "Muff guns" :D

cheers, Mark

Wish I could tell you more but about all I can tell you is that I picked them up off a Japanese website somewhere.

yah, thanks. I found a few sites, but it looks like their out of production... witch is a pisser, but once you could get a nonfiring one for about 250 American, and a firing one for about a hundred more (by firing, I mean 6mm plastic pellets).

There is also one that is a smaller scale than the middle one (off my reply) closer to a carbine/smg variation... all very cool looking... apparently based on the weapons from Dominion.

Thanks again, I never would have known the conversions were out there otherwise, but now that I do, I'll be on the look for them.

Here is the site that has the conversions, there is also a large boar type weapon at the top that looks fun...

-Woof

Yeah - your purse - it's a ladies gun. I guess you could tuck it into your bra .... As for size, it's about the same size as the small ladies derringers they used to make - like this guy, which is shown a bit larger than life size

derringer.gif

The tiny french rimfire pistols that inspired the derringer were popular with .. ahem ... working women and were sometimes called "Muff guns" :D

cheers, Mark

Seems like it was smaller than those derringers when I watched the video... either way, funny little buggers.

I imagine, if used with GI Joes, it would be a bigger deal than the plastic missiles.

This is a link to a replica, but a sweet looking replica of the LeMat revolver. It'd be pretty cool in an early old west game (it is a cap and ball design). The Confederates used some of these. What made the LeMat unique is that it was a 9-shooter and instead of the cylinder revolving around a simple rod, a 20-gauge shotgun barrel was in its place. So the shooter has nine .42 calibur slugs and a single load of buckshot to use. You can google LeMat Revolver to finds lots of data on it.

http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0036661.shtml

I've always had a liking for the LeMat. It is my "weapon of choice" for western games ! I read somewhere once that there were also a few centrefire LeMats made in other calibres; including .45/12gauge !

I've always had a liking for the LeMat. It is my "weapon of choice" for western games ! I read somewhere once that there were also a few centrefire LeMats made in other calibres; including .45/12gauge !

I have been running a small Aces & Eights campaign lately (gasp! a non-Hero game) and the LeMat is a pretty nasty weapon. It's single shotgun barrel isn't as nasty as the normal 10 and 12 guage western shotguns but it's still nastier than any pistol. Shotguns are downright lethal in that system (rightfully so). The short barrel of the LeMat counts as sawed-off (of course).

HERE is a new one to me! It looks SERIOUSLY scifi!:D:eg:

Posted to http://forums.delphiforums.com/autogun/messages/

2872.1 The Pribor-3B was a three barreled (Meroka) rifle and was the Soviet rival to the U.S. SALVO rifle programme. It was a Bullpup rifle and fired the standard Warsaw Bloc 7.62x39 round as used in the AK47/AKM Assault Rifles.

The intent of the Pribor-3B was the same as Project SALVO, to produce a 'Meroka' assault rifle since it would have more chance of hitting a target and firing extremely rapid 3 round bursts continuously. Cartridge ejection of the Pribor-3B was behind the magazine area since the recoil force was violent so the bolt traveled far back ejecting the spent cases downwards, alongside with the sights fitted at a particular angle. The mechanisim of this weapon possibly led to the AN-94 Assault Rifle currently in use by Russian Special Forces.

The designer of this weapon was German A. Korobov, who also designed the TKB-517, The TKB-408 and TKB-022 Carbines.

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/532/Pribor-3B.JPG

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/532/Pribor-3B_Rifle.JPG

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/532/Meroka_Bullpup_Rifle.JPG

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/500/Pribor-3B_Meroka_Assault_Carbine.JPG

I have been running a small Aces & Eights campaign lately (gasp! a non-Hero game) and the LeMat is a pretty nasty weapon. It's single shotgun barrel isn't as nasty as the normal 10 and 12 guage western shotguns but it's still nastier than any pistol. Shotguns are downright lethal in that system (rightfully so). The short barrel of the LeMat counts as sawed-off (of course).
I've seen "Aces and Eights" around but, as it is expensive, I haven't yet bought a copy. (Actually i've seen ONE copy, it belongs to a fellow gamer, and have asked a local gaming shop to get me a copy. No joy yet )

• 1 month later...

I've seen similar, but not that particular one. Wow, they really cut that one up! Lessee, I know I added a couple recently...

1. Something nicely pulpy, I think, or even possibly for space opera.

2. Something modern and a bit over the top. A mega-shrouded revolver.

Not bad. Make it 7.62 NATO and I'll take it.

Well, it could probably be built in the new .450 Bushmaster, firing a 250 gr bullet at 2200 from a rifle, say 1900 from a pistol?

Also, bushmaster just bought CObb manufacturing, who make a line of AR based rifles in just about any caliber imaginable.

http://www.cobb50.com/plugins/main.htm