Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

To me it looks clunky, piecemeal, and inaccurate.

I say inaccurate because:

• The Sig Brace is acceptable to use to fire a pistol with one hand, but a violation of federal law to bring up to the shoulder and use as a stock.
  • Without being able to shoulder the DTS legally, one has a very limited ability to aim it properly, unless of course, one is a criminal who doesn't care about the law (maybe villain mooks should have this?)
  • We saw how inaccurate the firearm was in the hands of a law-abiding citizen when the guy in the video had trouble point-shooting targets with birdshot or skeet loads in the firearm at a mere 10 feet...

I say piecemeal because:

• It's clearly a mix of parts (Sig Brace, foregrip, etc.) assembled not to work smoothly together, but to circumvent BATFE laws regarding the construction and transfer of SBS's and/or  AoW's.
  • And just look at that thing -- UGLY.  Hell, it makes the RFB look like a super model!

I say clunky because:

• Parts brought together to circumvent laws don't necessarily work well together.
  • The spring-assisted pump is flat-out weird and requires those who have been using pump action shotties for years to train new muscle memory.
  • We saw how clunky the firearm was when the guy in the video had difficulty chambering a round...

Frankly, if you want a SBS, just do the dang ATF paperwork.  It'd be more of a wait, but honestly it'd probably be cheaper than this hodgepodge of parts (tax stamp and all) -- and a better piece of gear.

There's generally a good reason (or several) that prototypes don't make it into production.  i.e. Something better did. :)

I have long argued that the anti aircraft vehicles would be the most effective ones for dealing with supers...

Few have the defenses to handle multiple 30-76mm shells, in particular the modern F-APDS ones...

I think I posted something about this some time ago, a modified saiga, firing both rifle and shotgun rounds, pretty potent, really.  

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/09/smoothbore-saiga-366-366-tkm-shotgun-ammunition/

also a new kind or rear sight for a pistol.  might be interesting, will keep an eye on it...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/09/not-sure-serious-new-mako-meprolight-ft-bullseye-micro-optic/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+%28The+Firearm+Blog%29

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure those shotty rounds would penetrate your wallet and wound your bank account during procurement...

I've been desirous of a Kel-Tec KSG shotty since they came out in 2011.  However, every time I contemplate the purchase I get hung up on it being a pump action.  In that tiny form factor I'd really rather have a semi-auto.  I've eyeballed all the bullpup shotguns that have come out, so far and none has really made me go 'mmm, gotta have it!'

I like the UTS-15's ability to alternate feed tubes,as well as the ease of doing an 'empty check', but the gun is massive and feeds unreliably.  I like the Six-12's rapid reload capability but virtually nothing else about it.  I like the KSG's form factor but it's painful to reload and to 'empty check'.  There's nothing I like at all about the DP-12, as it is unnecessarily heavy (due to twin barrels) and the pump-once/fire-twice shooting cadence is strange when you have built the pump/fire muscle memory cadence required of most pump shotguns.

So what's that leave me?  Well, the Uzkon UNG-12 looks REALLY promising.

ung-12-660x264.png

Semi-automatic.  Bullpup form factor.  Takes Adkal-style box magazines. (Up to 20 rounds!)  7QD sling ports. ~US$800 to 1000 initial price point (just as the KSG was).  Available soon... 

What's not to like???

Read more: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/26/uzkon-announces-ung-12-semi-auto-shotgun-bullpup/

ung-12-660x264.png

Semi-automatic.  Bullpup form factor.  Takes Adkal-style box magazines. (Up to 20 rounds!)  7QD sling ports. ~US$800 to 1000 initial price point (just as the KSG was).  Available soon... 

What's not to like???

Read more: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/26/uzkon-announces-ung-12-semi-auto-shotgun-bullpup/

I'd much rather get one of these than a bullpup pump action. The latter have resulted in some negative consequences for shooters who fumble the pump action and wind up obstructing the muzzle with their off hand at an inopportune moment.

Today I bring you The Big Bang Pistol Set by Cabot Guns.  Fashioned into a pair of 1911-style pistols from a meteorite that was billions of years in the making, your Filthy Rich hero can have this set for all of his/her demon slaying and/or alien defense needs for a mere US$4.5 million.  A unique gift with a finish the likes of which you won't find anywhere else on planet Earth, The Big Bang Pistol Set -- for the discerning hero who has everything...

cabot-gun-meteorite-pistol-guns-02.jpg

cabot-gun-meteorite-pistol-guns-08.jpg

Are the local heroes reliably outgunning your mooks?  Do your minions need top-notch, close-range firepower in a small, light package?  If so, then Fostech Arms has what you've been looking for!  Today we bring you the Origin-12 short-barreled shotgun --  an AK-patterned shotty that is reputedly the fastest cycling semi-automatic combat shotgun on the market, to date.  Equipped standard with a folding stock and optional 20-round or 30-round drums, no one will be outrunning the wall of lead put up by your trusty lieutenants and their subordinates packing Origin-12's.  At US$2,900.00 per unit, it's a real bargain that's guaranteed to deter Johnny Hero from interfering with your plans for world domination.

Don't let your men be outclassed, again.  Consider Fostech Arms' Origin-12 -- for all of your high speed scattergun needs.

Origin12_7823web.jpg

Would you like to know more? http://www.coolthings.com/fostech-arms-origin-12-short-barrel-shotgun/

• 2 weeks later...