Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

awesome, but I think the rate of fire would be too high for ammo sustainability, and it might be really difficult to steer when firing.   

Now a sidecar with a pintle mounted gun...   A standard mg  would probably be more practical, though you would not need to worry about clearing jams in the same way...   In "Why Johnny Can't speed" iirc there were motorcycle sidecars with recoilless rifles mounted.   IMO it is a shame the Mauser RMK 30 and RMK 35 guns did not get built...   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall_RMK30

There were two 30mm versions and two 35mm versions.  

one of The 35mm versions exceeded the standard 35mm anti aircraft gun's performance.  

True, ammo would be heavy and bulky due to the excess powder required, and the backblast area would need to be controlled, but still!!!!

edit, after looking at the video, he needs to adjust for elevation. 

As a kid, I remember my Uncle saying that every military vehicle should have a "coaxial" (he said it, though it would not be appropriate for most mounts) 20mm cannon...

awesome, but I think the rate of fire would be too high for ammo sustainability, and it might be really difficult to steer when firing.   

Now a sidecar with a pintle mounted gun...   A standard mg  would probably be more practical, though you would not need to worry about clearing jams in the same way...   In "Why Johnny Can't speed" iirc there were motorcycle sidecars with recoilless rifles mounted.   IMO it is a shame the Mauser RMK 30 and RMK 35 guns did not get built...   

one of The 35mm versions exceeded the standard 35mm anti aircraft gun's performance.  

True, ammo would be heavy and bulky due to the excess powder required, and the backblast area would need to be controlled, but still!!!!

As a kid, I remember my Uncle saying that every military vehicle should have a "coaxial" (he said it, though it would not be appropriate for most mounts) 20mm cannon...

Nazi Germany developed a 55mm revolver cannon with a ROF of 300 rpm near the end of the war.

A "recoiless" auto-cannon? Exactly what space marines need!

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Here are a couple. The first is the "PKD12" This was the gun used by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. It has a normal cylinder with, more or less normal, bullets but it has a second barrel with a single big nasty bullet for delivering the coup de grace on that renegade replicant you just brought down.

Next is a gun I downloaded long ago from where I can't remember. The picture is called "plasma pistols" which works for me.

Lastly we have the Mateba semi-automatic revolver in .357. This pistol was actually inspired by the anime Ghost in the Shell. The revolver fires from the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top and has a semi-automatic action that re-cocks the hammer with each shot. These pistols are handcrafted by a small Italian gun maker and are said to be very accurate. The low barrel helps to reduce recoil making them much easier to handle that one would expect. Versions are also made in .44 Magnum and .454 Casull.

So it was a high tech update of the Le Mat ?

So it was a high tech update of the Le Mat ?

The LeMat fires from the top chamber (or from the central shotgun chamber around which the revolver rotates).  The Rhino from Chiappa Firearms is another revolver that fires from the lower chamber, though of course it is just as modern.

Interestingly, Ed Harris' character in the recent Westworld reboot on HBO uses a LeMat replica modded to take brass cartridges.  It is as devastating as you would expect a cinematic revolver/shotgun to be.

I think that the Mateba is a real firearm that was then used in GitS, not one that was invented in GitS and then made into real steel.  I could be wrong.  However, Masamune Shirow is really, really into guns.  ;)

I was thinking about a shot gun polearm the other day for zombie Apocalypse fun.

Basically a slamfire shot gun a sharpened 3/4 inch steel pipe inside another 1 inch pipe with a button to stop the inner pipe from sliding back too far drop a shell in thrust into zombie face inner tube gets pushed back into fixed firing pin and booom! Based on something like this

https://youtu.be/NVhceWZiYPQ

The LeMat fires from the top chamber (or from the central shotgun chamber around which the revolver rotates). The Rhino from Chiappa Firearms is another revolver that fires from the lower chamber, though of course it is just as modern.

Interestingly, Ed Harris' character in the recent Westworld reboot on HBO uses a LeMat replica modded to take brass cartridges. It is as devastating as you would expect a cinematic revolver/shotgun to be.

I think that the Mateba is a real firearm that was then used in GitS, not one that was invented in GitS and then made into real steel. I could be wrong. However, Masamune Shirow is really, really into guns. ;)

Iirc there was a cartridge firing version of the lemat revolver. I believe it was used by French Colonial prison guards possibly on Devil's Island?

Here is a very odd but kind of interesting little gun

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/25/cobray-pocket-pal-double-caliber-double-barreled-revolver/

When I was a kid there was an article in a gun magazine about a custom survival gun made by a regional gunsmith here. I believe it was technically a short-barreled rifle but I could be misremembering: it had three barrels. as I recall, the top Barrel was 357 Magnum, the bottom Barrel was 22 long rifle, and the center barrel was 410 shotgun.

I can't remember whether it was guns and ammo or shooting times that had the article