Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

I have never understood the rationale for restricting US missiles more than Soviet. We eliminated the more modern MX missiles , kept the older Minuteman missiles, and iirc limited them to only one warhead. I am not sure how many are on the Trident 2 missiles, but I don't believe they were ever fully loaded, and believe e they were cut down to 3 or fewer. I wish I trusted our military leadership enough to assume they were loaded with 7+ warheads worth of countermeasures, decoys, and penetratioin aids, but ... Now the Russians are boasting about a 16 warhead missile? Did they abrogate a treaty?

Putin seems to long for the days of MAD.

Sick of your rounds not having enough 'oomph' to go the distance? Tired of material targets being used for effective cover by your opposition during overwatch?? Do you occasionally need to provide artillery-like capabilities when you can't realistically use artillery??? If so, contact JG Weapons and ask about their 14.9mm SOP rounds and rifle -- which should fit your bill.

The awesome 14.9mm SOP round is a wildcat bred from a 4-inch long, 1,690-grain, .58 caliber bullet with a 1.85 BC married to a shortened and necked-down 20mm autocannon case.  At the muzzle, the round generates over 42,000 foot-pounds of force.  The estimated supersonic range of the round is ~5 kilometers (i.e. more than 3 miles) with the potential for 0.5 MOA accuracy despite the lackluster BC.

14.9_SOP_Cartridge_1.jpg

This round is fired from a purpose-built, magazine-fed, bolt-action rifle with a 48-inch barrel and custom muzzle brake that can withstand ~20,000 pounds of pressure once the bullet leaves the barrel.  Only a prototype exists, today, but the developers of the round and rifle have received the ATF’s blessing to build these with a “Sporting Purposes” exemption.

prototype1.jpg

Prototype_person1.jpg

"Sporting Purposes." What are they going to be hunting, Konigstigers?

Isn't it obvious?  It's for those all-too-common times when you need to drop big game from 3 miles away! :stupid:

At what point does it stop being a small arm and start being a fieldpiece?

Answer: When you do not meet the minimum STR requirement to wield it OR when the weight/bulk of the weapon requires that it be crew-served.

​The Hulk, for example, would have no problem with this as a small arm ... assuming he could figure out how to gingerly operate the bolt without tearing it off. I, however, probably couldn't lift it, and it would take several people of my height (or rather: lack of it) to emplace this for prone shooting -- wherein I could probably operate it just fine ... assuming the optic mount could retain zero, something more than a 20moa base exists for use with the optic at 5km distances, and there was a reasonable means to sight in this rifle with this round.  (Local ranges tend not to allow .50 BMG, let alone this monster ... and if they did, 100 yards won't cut it for sighting this in.)

By the way, do they make a bore sighter big enough for this thing?  Perhaps a full-size laser pointer would work???

Sure, but what if your character needs to take out a whole flock of ducks at the same time?  Evil ducks.

Well, if he's going to use a punt gun he'd better meet the (very high and ugly) minimum strength requirement ... or it needs to be mounted and crew-served. :)

Is there any other kind of duck?

Yes.  In addition to evil ducks I seem to recall seeing a Daffy Duck, at one point in my travels...