Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Dan Wesson revolvers were sold for silouette shooting and were available in most of the popular big bore revolver cartrides .357 mag, .44 mag, .45 Colt, as well as several semi custom high power cartridges .357 Supermag, .375 Supermag, .414 Supermag and .445 Supermag. They also have an unusual interchangable barrel system allowing the gun to switch between several barrel lengths.

Dan Wesson has come and gone over the years but is currently in buisness.

http://danwesson.sectordevelopment.com/

Also note that the gun pictured is not the standard Dan Wesson, it has an aftermarket slab-sided barrel and aristocrat rib. At least, I didn't think DW made those... but there are gunsmiths who install those for PPC and similar competitions.

hi, would anyone have or now how to state out the A.M.T. 451 willoct magnum. its a auto handgun that fires a 451 rifle round and an 8 clip mag. im not shore on what to use for the game states. they stoped making them in the 90's i think. its a real powerful gun but it could be consled. sorry for any misspellings.

I remember AMT making a series of Automag pistols.

There was an Automag II that was in the little .22 magnum rimfire.

There was an Automag III that IIRC was in .30 carbine. It might have been the one they also chambered the 10mm MAGNUM in. THis was a 10mm case lengthened a bit, so hotter than the standard 10mm. Roughly equivalent to a .41 magnum rather than just under a .41 mag.

THen there was the Automag IV. (I think this was the one they did all this in, I can't remember whether they had an Automag V.)

This is all off the top of my head, so please forgive any mistakes.

It was chambered in .45 Winchester Magnum- about like a .44 magnum

I think it might have been chambered for .475 Wildey magnum but I could be completely wrong.

It was chambered in the .50 Action express round, previously only available in the Desert Eagle and in the Thompson Center Contender single shot pistol.

I think it only held 5 rounds in the magazine, one more in the chamber.

ALL of these Automags from AMT were based loosely on the Browning 1911 design, NOT on the original Automag pistols. They were iirc gas operated, not recoil.

In order to fit the rounds into a magazine that a normal person could handle inside the Pistol Grip, they angled the rounds fairly steeply.

I always wanted to try the version in .50 AE. About the same time it came out, Magsafe I think brought out a prefragmented round similar to the Glaser Safety slug in .50 AE. As I recall it used a 180 grain pre-fragmented bullet at about 2100 FPS!!! THis is not that far behind a .30-30 carbine. The round would not have the penetration for many purposes, but the sheer tissue destruction of a hit would be devastating.

The AMT gun was significantly lighter and more slender, it would have been much easier to carry as a concealed OR open sidearm. I am certain the recoil would have been significantly more potent than the Desert Eagle, though.

:eg:

There was an Automag III that IIRC was in .30 carbine. It might have been the one they also chambered the 10mm MAGNUM in. THis was a 10mm case lengthened a bit, so hotter than the standard 10mm. Roughly equivalent to a .41 magnum rather than just under a .41 mag.

THen there was the Automag IV. (I think this was the one they did all this in, I can't remember whether they had an Automag V.)

I think it might have been chambered for .475 Wildey magnum but I could be completely wrong.

It was chambered in the .50 Action express round, previously only available in the Desert Eagle and in the Thompson Center Contender single shot pistol.

ALL of these Automags from AMT were based loosely on the Browning 1911 design, NOT on the original Automag pistols. They were iirc gas operated, not recoil.

In order to fit the rounds into a magazine that a normal person could handle inside the Pistol Grip, they angled the rounds fairly steeply.

I always wanted to try the version in .50 AE. About the same time it came out, Magsafe I think brought out a prefragmented round similar to the Glaser Safety slug in .50 AE. As I recall it used a 180 grain pre-fragmented bullet at about 2100 FPS!!! THis is not that far behind a .30-30 carbine. The round would not have the penetration for many purposes, but the sheer tissue destruction of a hit would be devastating.

The AMT gun was significantly lighter and more slender, it would have been much easier to carry as a concealed OR open sidearm. I am certain the recoil would have been significantly more potent than the Desert Eagle, though.

I always liked the idea of the Automag III, tho I've never gotten to handle (much less shoot) one, mainly because I really like the .30 carbine round, and having a sidearm that uses the same rounds as my M1 would be nice logistically if things ever go bad.

I'm still following that basic philosophy, but these days I'm leaning more towards a .44 lever carbine, because they run nice and hot, and if everything implodes it's easier to manufacture powder for manual action reloads because you aren't relying on high gas pressures to work the gun.

I always liked the idea of the Automag III, tho I've never gotten to handle (much less shoot) one, mainly because I really like the .30 carbine round, and having a sidearm that uses the same rounds as my M1 would be nice logistically if things ever go bad.

I'm still following that basic philosophy, but these days I'm leaning more towards a .44 lever carbine, because they run nice and hot, and if everything implodes it's easier to manufacture powder for manual action reloads because you aren't relying on high gas pressures to work the gun.

I liked the idea of the Automag III also, but I once shot a RUger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I forgot my earmuffs AND plugs. It felt like someone was jamming an icepick into both my ears at the same time!!!:eek:

The New HOrnady Flex tip rounds were initially designed for lever action rifles, but the .357 mag and .44 mag versions would appear to offer a fairly significantly flatter trajectory from both rifles and Pistols.

As much out of Nostalgia as anything else, I would like to have a .45 LC instead of a .44 magnum. I found a load that will drive a 280 gr cast lead semi-wadcutter at 1000fps out of a 4 5/8" barrel, but the pressure is low enough (14000psi) to use it even in a Colt SAA. If I get one it will probably either be a Ruger or I might succeed in talking my dad out of his S&W model 25. ;)

But a combo of for instance a Ruger GP100 in .357 and a Marlin 1894C in the same or a Ruger Super blackhawk or what have you in .44mag and an 1894 in same would be sweet.

From the Hornady Website...

to get the results they’re shooting for.

357 MAG

Velocity (fps)/Energy (ft/lb)

Trajectory Tables

muzzle

50 yds

100 yds

150 yds

muzzle

50 yds

100 yds

150 yds

357 Mag 140 gr. FTX (Handgun)1440/6441274/5041143/4061049/342-0.92.20.0-8.9357 Mag 140 gr. FTX (Rifle)1850/10641632/8281438/6421272/503-0.91.20.0 -5.4

44 MAG

Velocity (fps)/Energy (ft/lb)

Trajectory Tables

muzzle

50 yds

100 yds

150 yds

muzzle

50 yds

100 yds

150 yds

44 Mag 225 gr. FTX (Handgun)1410/9931240/7681111/6171022/522-0.9 2.40.0-9.444 Mag 225 gr. FTX (Rifle)1870/17471637/13381429/10201255/787-0.91.20.0-5.5

I find the improved ballistics gained from going to a longer barrel interesting. almost twice the muzzle energy, and a whole bunch easier to shoot, imo.

So a Marlin with a 1.5-4.5 power scope, or even just a peep rear sight for longer range, and whatever revolver suits your fancy:D

For my uses, I would be perfectly happy with a single action revolver, I think...

EDIT

Edit: CRAPPOLA! that showed fine before it went up...

here is the link...

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=760

hi' date=' would anyone have or now how to state out the A.M.T. 451 willoct magnum. its a auto handgun that fires a 451 rifle round and an 8 clip mag. im not shore on what to use for the game states. they stoped making them in the 90's i think. its a real powerful gun but it could be consled. sorry for any misspellings.[/quote']

All the guns in DC are pretty broadly categorized. They even have the .500 Magnum doing 2d6+1 while a .44 magnum does 2d6, if I remember right. There's a rather significant difference in power, really. As a whole, it seems the high end is limited to 3d6 or 3d6+1 for most firearms. Your wildcat round would simply be in that range. Unless you have some sort of statistics, my guess would simply be 2d6+1. They never say how they stat them out, but we generally go with something like this:

RKA 2d6+1, Focus OAF, Charges w/ reloads, Independent.

Might be more, but all my stuff is on another computer, and I can't remember if there was or not.

The Automag V was chambered for .50 AE.

I don't recall any of them being chambered for the .475, but that does bring up another cool gun that I don't remember being posted yet, the Wildey magnum.

http://www.wildeyguns.com/index.html

If you prefer a wheelgun the Linebaugh revolvers offer some monster rounds too.

http://www.customsixguns.com/sixguns.htm

The Automag V was chambered for .50 AE.

I don't recall any of them being chambered for the .475, but that does bring up another cool gun that I don't remember being posted yet, the Wildey magnum.

http://www.wildeyguns.com/index.html

If you prefer a wheelgun the Linebaugh revolvers offer some monster rounds too.

http://www.customsixguns.com/sixguns.htm

thanks what i was asking about the wildey magnum, my friend was watching a movey that this chr had one and they said it was a .451 rifel round.

The recent post on favourite magic items in the fantasy hero forum about Fred Saberhagen's sword series made me wonder if the theme could be carried into the Dark Champions genre. 12 uberguns created by an unknown power are distributed onto the Earth to cause mayhem and chaos :-

Traits of all guns - OAF, indestructible, infinite ammunition. 2D6 RKA, AP. All simple steel semi-auto pistol with a black handle. Each gun has a white engraved symbol representing its special abilities. The steel of the barrel is mottled, with a subtle translucent pattern that seems to extend to impossible depths. The handle is an unknown black material, hard but also comfortable. They never rust, dull, tarnish, or soil. Only the gun Defender can damage or destroy an Gun.

It should also be noted that for these guns to work as a plot device, they must be absolutes, which is why I don't express their powers in points values.

1. Fortune (Coinspinner) - A pair of dice engraved in white on its handle.
    +6D6 Luck, Transform area of effect - entire planet, limited (people that intend ill against the wielder) +3D6 Unluck. Has limited intelligence and will occasionally teleport to a new owner if not watched - may cause distractions to stop itself being watched continuously. The additional luck may be used to help locate objects and people as well.
  2. Justice (Doomgiver) - It has a hollow circle engraved in white upon its handle.
    Any attack of any kind made on the wielder has the exact effect occur to them instead. This include malicious non-physical attacks such as seduction or mind control.
  3. Hero (Dragonslicer) - It has a stylized human engraved in white on its handle.
    Any target that possesses super skills or is in anyway super powered, is instantly slain with a single shot.
  4. Vengence (Farslayer) - It has a series of concentric circles in the form of a bullseye or target engraved upon its handle.
    The user needs to think of the person they wish to kill, every bullet fired from the gun hits that person no matter how they are protected, what they hide behind or where they are located. The gun cannot fire at anyone else until the target is dead. Once the target is dead, the gun teleports to the hand (if applicable) of the corpse.
  5. Glory (Mindsword) - It has a flying banner engraved in white on its handle.
    Glory, when held, compels absolute and fanatical devotion to the person holding it. It flashes brightly as if catching the sun, and emits the faint roar of a cheering mob, which cannot be blocked out by covering ears or averting eyes. All who are in visual or aural range are affected. The strength of the devotion is such that one under the Glory's power would even throw their life away if so ordered.
    Wounds made with Glory fester, preventing healing and possibly leading to fever and delirium.
  6. Defender(Shieldbreaker) - It has a hammer engraved in white on its handle
    When held, it offers absolute protection against all armed enemy attacks, including mêlée, ranged, and magical. It interprets demonic or assault with natural weapons such as the teeth, claws, and beaks of predators as an armed attack. Defender will always shoot weapons where possible. All weapons hit are destroyed, shattering into many fragments with explosive force.
    Once it is drawn in combat, Defender will not allow the user to let go of it until combat is over, a property which is shared by Fury. The gun actually takes control over its wielder's arm, automatically shooting all incoming attacks and striking back in return, imparting superhuman speed and accuracy as required. While using Defender, the wielder has greatly reduced strength.
    Defender is useless against unarmed foes, shooting harmlessly through them.
  7. Deception (Sightblinder) - It bears a stylized human eye engraved in white upon its handle.
    Deception's powers are twofold. First, it alters the appearance of its possessor. This is not via a traditional cloaking device or holographic projection, but it alters how outside agents perceive the person carrying the gun. When a person looks at someone holding Deception, they either believe they are looking at someone they love and trust implicitly, or someone they fear.
    The illusion is complete, regardless of how perceptive or skilled in magic the target may be. One may see Deception's wielder as a parent, sibling, lover, god, or leader. The effect is so convincing that the target has trouble doubting the identity of the person they are looking at, even if it is changing from moment to moment. Deception will disguise its bearer's voice if required. Deception disguises itself as well, appearing as a cane, a scepter, another gun, or even as nothing at all, depending on what would enhance the illusion.
    A secondary effect of Deception is that it enhances the perceptions of the person carrying it. Their eyesight and hearing are supernaturally keen. It also allows its bearer to see through other illusionary magic and effects, no matter what the origin or strength. It offers some protection from Glory by allowing its user to see the true nature of the other Gun's possessor. Deception's bearer intuitively can tell when a person is being honest or deceitful.
  8. Despair (Soulcutter) - Unlike the other Twelve Guns, the Despair's barrel is a dull color lacking all luster that actually seems to draw light into itself, creating a pocket of localized gloom when drawn. It is also unique in that it bears no symbol or other marking on its black handle.
    When drawn, the Despair projects a field of total apathy that spreads to cover several city blocks. Any creature caught within Despair's sphere of influence immediately loses all interest in life and slumps to the ground in a state of profound depression. They are incapable of movement and take no notice of hunger, thirst, or exposure to elements. They will eventually die of deprivation if the Despair is not holstered.
    The critical drawback is that not even Despair's wielder is spared this effect. In fact, once they draw the weapon, they cannot find the motivation to holster the Gun, making the choice to use Despair the last one they make.
  9. Siege (Stonecutter) - It has a wedge driving into a block engraved in white on its handle.
    Siege treats any amount of cover as though it were air, creating bullet sized holes in any inanimate object without lessening its damage.
  10. Fury (Townsaver) - It has a gun raised above a stylized segment of castle wall engraved in white on its handle.
    Fury's power is defending unarmed people in a fixed position. When its wielder draws it for this purpose, the gun emits a screaming sound and takes over control from the user, moving their arm with superhuman speed and power to defeat any attackers. It is not an overstatement to say that Fury can singlehandedly defeat an entire army.
    Unfortunately it does nothing to protect the actual wielder. In fact, it will use the wielder's body to deflect and absorb ranged attacks and other blows, if it is practical to do so and if the action will result in the protection of the people it is trying to defend. Fury will keep its wielder alive until the battle is over. If the user has sustained serious wounds during the battle, they can and often do die.
    In addition, Fury will not allow its user to drop or relinquish its power once the battle has been engaged. The user is totally committed once Fury is drawn. It will take no action to defend the user if they stand alone.
  11. Wisdom (Wayfinder) - It has an arrow engraved in white on its handle.
    Wisdom's chief power is guiding its bearer to whatever it is they seek. Not only will it lead one to their ultimate goal, it will also intelligently guide them to things that are required to successfully accomplish its mission. Wisdom seems to do better and be more kind to its user when the request is broad and general, and less so the more specific the user is. Its main drawback is that while it picks routes that will eventually lead its owner to success, it never picks the safest route, if one exists. It is the opinion of many of the past owners of the Gun that it actually picks the worst, most dangerous path for its user to follow. Thus the Gun does indeed "add unto their risk."
    In addition, Wisdom can also act as the ultimate Magic 8-ball, answering questions such as, "Which of these plates of food is poisoned?" or "Which of these men is lying to me?" It is unnecessary to vocalize these questions; a mental query is sufficient. Just like when it is in seeker mode, it indicates the correct answer by quivering when its barrel is pointing in the correct direction.
  12. Mercy (Woundhealer) - It bears an open human hand engraved in white on its handle.
    Mercy is the only Gun incapable of killing, though it can shoot inanimate matter as well as any of the other Guns. Instead, when living flesh is shot, it has a powerful healing effect. The Gun can knit broken bones, heal disease, fix genetic disorders, regenerate lost limbs, and repair mental or psychological problems (including the effects of Despair). Properly employed, it can enable its user to sustain extensive damage without dying. Its healing effect can prevent amputation of entire limbs if the Gun is in active use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Admiral C

Also from the zombie survival community.... http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0057016418531a.shtml Not a firearm per se but I could equip a thematic DC character with one.

They also had a link to http://www.allhandsfire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=AHF&screen=PROD&product_code=PRT-22-000550 which looks like a mandatory device for anybody's DC utility belts.

talk about Ugly but effective!

:eek:

Remember that British .577 "manstopper" revolver round I mentioned before?

The wonderful people at http://forums.delphiforums.com/autogun/messages/

at message 3257.6 and 3257.7 came up with some more info. :eg:

"The Manual of Pistol & Revolver Cartridges by Jakob Brandt has some data on this cartridge:

450 grain Lead round nose bullet or 490 grain Lead flat nose bullet. Also loaded with a 304 grain Lead ball.

Muzzle velocity of 725 ft/sec giving a muzzle energy of 525 ft.lbs from a 6 inch barrel.

Case length = 20.12 - 20.90 mm

Case dia, neck = 15.95 - 16.26 mm

Case dia, head = 16.66 - 16.80 mm

Case dia, rim = 18.52 - 18.97 mm

Overall cartridge length = 32.05 - 35.10 mm

Manufactured in England and Germany, it first appeared in 1870 and was still mentioned in the Nobel catalogue in 1925.

Hope this helps.

Tony"

and the Host, Anthony Williams, a very interesting author if you like firearms and such, posted a reply with...

"

Webley%20577.jpg

and my round with the "Manstopper" bullet - a cylinder with a huge hollw-point. The dinky little cartridge next to it is a .45 Auto. Makes you wonder why they bothered with the hollowpoint...

577%20+%2045%20auto.jpg

My round weighs 43.3 g (668 grains), the case is 20.4mm long, the rim diameter 18.8mm, body diameter 16.3mm and bullet diameter 15.6mm.

"

Now, where am I going to find a "Pulp Hero" game??? :eg:

edit, I would guess that the 304 gr lead ball was the one that went 725fps, actually.

Say....

I'm in the process of developing Kazei 5 2.0 for Blackwyrm, and just realized you guys are the perfect people to ask the following:

It's 2030, what current or planned weapon systems should be included? I'm mainly interested in new forms of battle rifle, but am also interested in anti-material rifles (like the Barrett .50 or that 20mm one the Swiss made [i think it was them]). Conceptual weapons are fine, but I think I want something more interesting then the good ole G-11 (which was in K5 1.0).

Thanks!

Guest Admiral C

Say....

I'm in the process of developing Kazei 5 2.0 for Blackwyrm, and just realized you guys are the perfect people to ask the following:

It's 2030, what current or planned weapon systems should be included? I'm mainly interested in new forms of battle rifle, but am also interested in anti-material rifles (like the Barrett .50 or that 20mm one the Swiss made [i think it was them]). Conceptual weapons are fine, but I think I want something more interesting then the good ole G-11 (which was in K5 1.0).

Thanks!

I remember reading in GURPS Modern Firepower that in between weapons supplement for late TL7 in 3rd Ed GURPS that it was going to be decades before the US ever switched to caseless ammo, possible never if lethal/less than lethal man portable microwave lasers, like the ones they are talking about equipping around Military bases and in one instance I read nuclear power plants, become feasible. The other big weapon thing the US Military was shooting for (pun, pun) was modular weapon systems but I don't remember the name of the one they were developing at the time but it could serve as a SAW.

I believe they just scrapped the XM8 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM8_rifle ) but are still working on the XM25 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25_Individual_Airburst_Weapon_System)

There are new 40mm 6 shot revolver grenade launchers in USMC service. While the 40mm grenade launcher, and even revolver versions have been in use for some time, the new ones are loaded to a higher velocity. There is now the original 40mm at 250 fps, the old High velocity (mostly vehicle mounted) one at 750 fps, and a new medium velocity at 500 fps. Off the top of my head, the effective ranges are, respectively, 350 meters, 1600 meters (full auto area target), and about 600 meters.

The high velocity round has been chambered in a shoulder fired weapon from iirc FN, called the High impulse Weapon System. As I recall it uses a long recoil stroke to reduce the felt recoil from the round (otherwise it WOULD be harmful in anything a man can easily carry). It was claimed to be a basically point and shoot weapon out to 300 meters, and should still have the lob capability to over 1000 meters. As it is not full auto, and they are not known for their accuracy, It would probably be hard to get good on target effect at 1600 meters. I have never found any details on the weapon, but for a future version, a 10 lb or so semi automatic 3 or 4 shot should be possible.

There is a new "Lightweight Small Arms Technology" or "LSAT" program that aims to field a light machine gun and ammunition to replace the SAW 5.56mm squad automatic weapon. The goal is to create a weapon and ammunition system that would allow the gunner to carry the weapon and 600 rounds of ammunition at something like 60% of current weight.

While the initial program is based around an identical ballistic match to the 5.56 nato round, There is also a concept to scale it up a little to replace the M-60/FN MAG class of weapons as a "Company Machine Gun." This would probably be a round more in the performance range of the 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC. Based on the demonstrated results, I believe such a round could weigh about the same as a current 5.56. I am also curious as to how it would scale up further, to create a round similar to the 7.62 nato, or possibly even more powerful as a new sniper or medium machine gun round.

Wikipedia actually has a reasonable description. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Small_Arms_Technologies

More can be found at DTIC, I can find links if anyone wishes.

There is a new .416 Barrett cartridge and rifle. It uses a somewhat shortened and necked down .50 BMG round, with a custom brass very low drag bullet. THis is supposed to be significantly flatter shooting than the .50 BMG, and have more energy retained at long range. Whether advanced rounds like the Mk211 APHE can be developed for it is up in the air. It should have pretty good AP performance just based on the Brass bullet.

There is also a .408 Chey-Tac round for a similar role. It is smaller than the .416 Barrett, but I don't know if it will go anywhere really.

The .338 Lapua sniper round is becoming more accepted. Barrett just brought out a 10 shot bolt action rifle in it, and there are a number of other manufacturers.

I'll think about it more as the day goes on.

Say....

Thanks!

Well it's not very interesting but realistically I think we have probably seen more change in the past 48 years than we will see in the next 22, at least regarding projectile weapons. There was a lot of development between 1960 and 1990, but since then mostly just fine tuning existing systems.

I think a lot depends on if you want to be realistically accurate, or plausably accurate, the second certainly offers more options.

I would not be at all surprised to see US forces still essentially using the same weapons we see today.

I would expect to see more development of specialist weapons, sniper rifles, squad automatic weapons, suppressed weapons, entry weapons etc. Tactical law enforcement weapons may see some further development and adoption. If there are any changes it will probably be to larger caliber rounds.

While caseless rounds have been pretty well perfected it seems to have become a solution looking for a problem, at least for a standard issue weapon.

Similarly with the exception of the Steyr AUG, multi-function weapon systems (SMG, rifle, LMG, sniper rifle etc) have not been very popular, they generally compromise and end up being unsatisfactory compared to dedictaed weapons. The Stoner weapons system is the only other one I know of to see some acceptance. In reality the AUG has seen most of its success as a rifle and the Stoner was really only used as a light machinegun (SEALs in Vietnam), neither have been widely used as a weapons system.

Non-lethal's have a lot of potential. Shock weapons (tasers, stun guns) and sound based weapons currently are being used, lots of others are showing promise.

There is a pretty good selection of weapons that "could" be adopted so no reason to limit yourself to the mundane, particularly if you see an expansion of private security forces as is popular in most cyber punk settings.

There is a PAW20 20mm fire support weapon from South Africa. http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/PAW.htm

has an article. Actually, his whole site is a great reference.

It uses a conventional 20mm HE shell, but at low velocity. It is for a similar role to the grenade launchers, but is a different interpretation of the use.

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/miltech.htm

The "SPIKE" Micro missile from the Naval Weapons Stations is one of my favorites.

25 inches long, iirc 60mm diameter, 5.3 lbs. roughly two mile range, HE-Frag warhead and possibly an EFP light anti armor warhead variant.

Can be fired from the shoulder using an iirc 4-5 lb launcher/sight or it can be fitted to Unmanned Air vehicles to allow even SMALL ones to perform search and Destroy missions.

http://pao.navair.navy.mil/press_releases/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.view&Press_release_id=3468&site_id=16

THere are demonstrator projects that have demonstrated course correcting capabilty for small rockets or even grenades. These are not guided the way a Sidewinder would be, for instance, but...

Actually in many ways you already covered a lot of the weapon concepts that would be appropriate for Combat Cyborgs and such.

From the most recent releases, it might be possible to put a 30(for example, low end)-100 kw laser weapon in a backpack for a heavy cyborg by 2030. They have been talking about fitting it in a HMMVW by 2012 or so...

There are new explosives that allow about 30% greater energy to be packed into the same space today. In 10 years? I would guess at least 50% more than current.

I'll come up with more later.