Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

This is a continuation of the previous post, as I hit the submit button when I actually intended to hit the preview post button. *shrug*

n-nj-njj741t-images-granite.jpg

Neostead Bullpup Shotgun

ultimatemachinegun_2405.jpg

New, from Ronco! The Ultimate Everything gun!

dardickpistol.jpg

Is it a revolver or an autopistol?

Actually, it's both (or is it neither??)

136039.jpg

Post-apocalyptic gas prices got you down?

With the new Shoot-N-Scoot antitank scooter

you can kill tanks for just pennies a day!

AAAAAnG1x1oAAAAAAOH9Lg.jpg?v=1206138927000

Now that's just plain silly!

(I still want one, though! :drink:)

176289NtVS_w.jpg

(Just thought I'd include this one for fun.)

This is fun

what every villian needs

Lord Ghee

Uh... actually...

High school teacher of mine who was in the Army told me a story about an incident like this. See, apparently he knew some teachers from some sort of U.S. officer school (I don't recall which one) that also had what were basically foreign exchange students. Usually they all had the same classes etc... but for the classified lessons they had the day off or were kept busy with other stuff while the Americans went and learned whatever it was.

Well, apparently one time two of the professors decided to have some fun with this. They took a bunch of the exchange students (mostly Middle Eastern I believe) with them on a field trip/demonstration during one of these events. They showed them... the Atomic .45. The professors had made a bunch of highly technical, very polished poster with detailed schematics for a .45 round with a very tiny nuclear payload. They even painted the tip of the round red with nail polish. One professor gave a long, detailed, and completely deadpan explanation of the development of the round and its specifications, and then turned and fired it down range at a dilapidated truck of some kind.

The OTHER professor was hiding, finger poised over a detonator that was connected to the rather large amount of explosives already concealed within the vehicle. The moment he heard the shot, he hit the button, and... a rather glorious explosion followed.

First professor turns around, smiling and laughing because now the joke's complete... only to see all of the students looking at the crater very seriously. He shrugged, figured they just didn't find it funny, and packed everyone up.

Few weeks later they get called in, because apparently there had been several back channel requests by some governments to purchase shipments of a new, atomic .45 round...

Probably not a true story, but I'd like to think it was.

Was the oddball one the Dardick Tround pistol?

The one with everything on it looks like something from "I love Maria"

BTW, has anyone statted "Maria" out? Susano?

The sign is a mind warper.

The scooter with the recoilless rifle is an oldy but goodie. Hmm, Motorcycle, Sidecar, 84mm Carl GUstav Recoilless Rifle...

(surplus 106 RR would probably be too big. the old 90mm would work, though, or the older 57 mm or 75mm ones):eg:

The one with everything on it looks like something from "I love Maria"

BTW, has anyone statted "Maria" out? Susano?

Not me, I have no idea what I Love Maria" is.

[quote=gewing;1954909

The sign is a mind warper.

The scooter with the recoilless rifle is an oldy but goodie. Hmm, Motorcycle, Sidecar, 84mm Carl GUstav Recoilless Rifle...

(surplus 106 RR would probably be too big. the old 90mm would work, though, or the older 57 mm or 75mm ones):eg:

The scooter is here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/coldwar/france/ACMA_troupes.HTML

Not me, I have no idea what I Love Maria" is.

The scooter is here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/coldwar/france/ACMA_troupes.HTML

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088269/

My friends and I must have seen it at the local arthouse in the Seattle U-district 3 times, and more times on Laserdisc!

great fun.

Uh... actually...

Probably not a true story, but I'd like to think it was.

Whether true or false: Best. War. Story. Ever!!!

Well, they're all kind of oddball, but yes, one of them was a Dardick Tround pistol.

The scooter with the recoilless rifle is an oldy but goodie. Hmm' date=' Motorcycle, Sidecar, 84mm Carl GUstav Recoilless Rifle...[/quote']

According to the article, the Recoilless Rifle Scooter was actually deployed by the French Army during the post-WWII era. Dunno if it was ever used in anger, but it's the bad-assedest scooter I've ever seen!

More good stuff:

thermal-laser-system.jpg

USAF PHaSR gun

[NOT a prop!!]

Whether true or false: Best. War. Story. Ever!!!

Well, they're all kind of oddball, but yes, one of them was a Dardick Tround pistol.

According to the article, the Recoilless Rifle Scooter was actually deployed by the French Army during the post-WWII era. Dunno if it was ever used in anger, but it's the bad-assedest scooter I've ever seen!

More good stuff:

I statted this for the K5 book.

Re: But wait! There's more!!

Staff' date=' about the shotgun you're not sure if we've seen before, it's the US "Streetsweeper" version of the South African "Striker" with the 18" barrel to comply with US firearms laws.[/quote']

Thanks!

tkb022_1.jpg

Korobov TKB-022 assault rifle [experimental] (USSR / Russia)

Re: But wait! There's more!!

the silenced revolver used internally suppressed ammo, iirc. Small arms review had a good article on the various soviet versions last year.

If anyone finds any internal diagrams of the TKB-022, let me know. I am flumoxed as to how they feed ammo from that design, and am fascinated by the problem. Even Max doesn't know how they did it. Baloo;1958039]Thanks!

Korobov TKB-022 assault rifle [experimental] (USSR / Russia)

The Nagant M1895 revoler used a moving cylinder that sealed to the barrel. tanker loved this because it kept the gas going only out of the barrel and when used from inside a tank gas did not get into the tank. This allowed a silencer to be put on it and it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

Lord Ghee

I've got a pair of those! I took the double-action fly out of the hammer (thus converting from "officer" to "enlisted" configuration) to make it single action, and now I use them for cowboy action shooting. Since 7.62 Nagant ammo is hard to find (and it doesn't comply with the rules of the game anyway) I shoot what's technically a wildcat cartridge: .32-20 cases resized to fit the Nagant chambers. I had to take a tiny bit of metal off the face of the "breech block" to get proper function with the .32-20's thicker rims, but the guns should still work fine with 7.62 Nagant ammo. Also, the .32-20 cases are too long, and you either have to trim then down, or seat the bullet too far back in the case. I tried the latter method first because it was less work, and it seems to work just fine, so I kept doing it.

They're neat little guns. Recoil and muzzle blast are very mild, accuracy is decent. The hammer cocking effort is long and stiff, which slows me down a bit, but I'm never going to be a top shooter anyway. They were quite inexpensive when I got mine, about $300 for the pair, but I hear that prices have gone up now. Still, they are a good gun for the money if you want a small-caliber revolver--provided you don't mind handloading.