It's Howdah-shootie time!

Bob Singh in Howdah Do

Says Howdah Do to you.

Let's give a rousing cheer,

Cause Howdah-shooty's here,

It's time to start the show,

So kids let's go!

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

One thing that made the 4 and 8 bore guns work was the fact that the hunter wasn't usually the one carrying them! hmm' date=' a 12 gauge paradox bored double and a 12 ga howdah gun combination should be feasible without being unbelievable.[/quote']

Something like a punt gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Vt0mr2sjE

in .700 they are ideal for things that go bump on the next planet! ;)

In the older cartridges for a pulp era game, a double in .577-450 would be good, or a "gauge rifle" in 12 or 10 bore, maybe even up to an 8 bore, if the character is ludicrously strong... One thing that made the 4 and 8 bore guns work was the fact that the hunter wasn't usually the one carrying them! hmm, a 12 gauge paradox bored double and a 12 ga howdah gun combination should be feasible without being unbelievable.

I had a bounty hunter NPC who carried 2 over/under 10 gauges taped together and rigged to fire all four barrels simultaneously if necessary. It was designed to make captured fugitives more...compliant.

I had a bounty hunter NPC who carried 2 over/under 10 gauges taped together and rigged to fire all four barrels simultaneously if necessary. It was designed to make captured fugitives more...compliant.

iirc one character in one of the PHantasm movies had a weapon that was two side by side 12 ga shotguns welded together or some such... That would really fill a doorway with lead...

in .700 they are ideal for things that go bump on the next planet! ;)

In the older cartridges for a pulp era game, a double in .577-450 would be good, or a "gauge rifle" in 12 or 10 bore, maybe even up to an 8 bore, if the character is ludicrously strong... One thing that made the 4 and 8 bore guns work was the fact that the hunter wasn't usually the one carrying them! hmm, a 12 gauge paradox bored double and a 12 ga howdah gun combination should be feasible without being unbelievable.

The thing in the cape thought it was invulnerable to bullets...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35450[/ATTACH]

I agree with your overall assessment. The .577-450 rage is solid.

The .700 Nitro Express didn't exist in the Pulp Era. Its a modern round.

The .600 Nitro Express, however, was available in the Pulp Era.

wow

Stupid Soldier tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbMpLHE8ww&NR=1

though it might be fun...

Those were actually what I was the "gunner" for when I was in the 82nd airborne. I never "shot from the hip" and even that dude was only using a single charge (you can vary the distance fired by reducing the propellant around the mortar) More than that would take your arm off. But the cool thing is, it does have a trigger built into it so that you can (in emergency situations) do just what he did. Nice video.

Those were actually what I was the "gunner" for when I was in the 82nd airborne. I never "shot from the hip" and even that dude was only using a single charge (you can vary the distance fired by reducing the propellant around the mortar) More than that would take your arm off. But the cool thing is' date=' it does have a trigger built into it so that you can (in emergency situations) do just what he did. Nice video.[/quote']

yeah, I was trying to remember the velocity with the base charge.

talk about a high impulse weapon system...

Fortunately he did not try the stupidity that happened in WWII when our troops captured Japanese "Knee Mortars"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An STI 2011 wide body compensated race gun with titanium nitrided barrel, a S&W 66 Performance Center Special K .357 Magnum w/ ported slab-side barrel, a two-tone bobtailed commander length 1911A1, FN FS2000 in 5.56mm/.223 Remington bull-pup (neat, held one, like it... expensive!), and a semi-custom Kimber 1911 w/ fancy grips that I thought made it characterful enough to be on here. =)

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35837[/ATTACH]CZ SP-01...

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35838[/ATTACH]Stainless Desert Eagle, maybe .50 AE

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35839[/ATTACH]STI 2011 Monolith w/ engraving, titanium nitride barrel and accent.

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35840[/ATTACH]Compensated Desert Eagle w/ wood fingergroove grips, gold accents, and it looks like it might be a lefty?

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35841[/ATTACH]Broom-handle Mauser with holster stock.

I handled a demo FN2000 at the '02 shotshow. It was pretty sweet, BUT, I felt it was much too bulky for what it was. Felt kind of like a fat SMG.

I'd like to handle a SUOMI, with the old 4 column coffin mags, and a Spectre with the similar 4 column mags.

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35837[/ATTACH]CZ SP-01...

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35838[/ATTACH]Stainless Desert Eagle, maybe .50 AE

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35839[/ATTACH]STI 2011 Monolith w/ engraving, titanium nitride barrel and accent.

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35840[/ATTACH]Compensated Desert Eagle w/ wood fingergroove grips, gold accents, and it looks like it might be a lefty?

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]35841[/ATTACH]Broom-handle Mauser with holster stock.

Out of curiosity, who did the compensator mod on the Desert Eagle? On a side note, Magnum Research actually sells a 24k gold-plated version of those monsters. I guess they could use it if they ever remake "The Man with the Golden Gun" (although more specifically it'd be the man with the BigA** Golden Gun).

Not sure I've seen a SUOMI or Spectre before. I handled the FS2000 and it seemed neat, but like most bullpups, it did seem bulky. I liked that it was short, had an integrated optic, and was in .223. Its a bit funky, really. I'd love to see a more spare version of it, but that whole rounded look seems to be in. *Shrug* Just thought it was neat. Hell, I'm still considering a H&K USC.

Not sure I've seen a SUOMI or Spectre before. I handled the FS2000 and it seemed neat' date=' but like most bullpups, it did seem bulky. I liked that it was short, had an integrated optic, and was in .223. Its a bit funky, really. I'd love to see a more spare version of it, but that whole rounded look seems to be in. *Shrug* Just thought it was neat. Hell, I'm still considering a H&K USC.[/quote']

If I had the $$$ for a bullpup, I would probably get the Kel-tek .308, or a Tavor. If I had my druthers, I would love to see a civilian, modernized Em-2 rifle. :)

I still like this one too, but it is a bolt action.

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/