Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

I wish I could get trigger time on any of these guns. Only gun I've ever handled was a .22 LR calibre target rifle and that was about 20 years ago.

There's use to be a shooting range in Vegas (don't remember name off hand, it's been a number of years) that has a large selection of weapons that you can try out for a small fee.

There's use to be a shooting range in Vegas (don't remember name off hand' date=' it's been a number of years) that has a large selection of weapons that you can try out for a small fee.[/quote']

There are plenty nuff here in Arizona. Ben Avery is the biggest.

Out of curiosity' date=' who did the compensator mod on the Desert Eagle? On a side note, Magnum Research actually sells a 24k gold-plated version of those monsters. I guess they could use it if they ever remake "The Man with the Golden Gun" (although more specifically it'd be the man with the BigA** Golden Gun).[/quote']

No idea who did that. I can't even remember where I picked that picture up. :) Sorry. :( And I always thought the gold Desert Eagles were the titanium nitride coated ones...? No idea. Never handled one. I can't say I'd be a good candidate for the whole desert eagle thing. =)

I wonder if this is a functional accessory? (linked for slight language)

There are all sorts of handguns with scopes specifically made for them for their longer eye relief (distance your eye can be away from the scope and still see). As for the underslung grenade launcher... I suppose there could be some hardcase that could shoot that, but I would think weight would make it a problem unless that's just the flare gun attachment. The whole thing looks like a toy rather than a real gun, but for game purposes... I guess it would depend. For a more realistic game, I'd look at the player askance for the grenade launcher. The scope would be fine, though. For more "fun" games, I don't see why it wouldn't work with it. =)

There are all sorts of handguns with scopes specifically made for them for their longer eye relief (distance your eye can be away from the scope and still see). As for the underslung grenade launcher... I suppose there could be some hardcase that could shoot that' date=' but I would think weight would make it a problem unless that's just the flare gun attachment. The whole thing looks like a toy rather than a real gun, but for game purposes... I guess it would depend. For a more realistic game, I'd look at the player askance for the grenade launcher. The scope would be fine, though. For more "fun" games, I don't see why it wouldn't work with it. =)[/quote']

Yeah, the scope wasn't a big deal for me, it was the tube for a grenade launcher that I was wondering about...

Yeah' date=' the scope wasn't a big deal for me, it was the tube for a grenade launcher that I was wondering about...[/quote']

Either way, funny stuff. I'd love to see someone try and shoot something like that in real life... er, lemme qualify that... I'd love to watch someone in an internet video shoot something like that. ;) I don't wanna be anywhere near that disaster.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35876[/ATTACH]I think these were called shopkeeper specials or something...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35877[/ATTACH]From the video game...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35880[/ATTACH]Also from the video game...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35878[/ATTACH]I believe this is a prop/toy but fits steampunk stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35879[/ATTACH]Some fictional tommy gun version, I believe...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35876[/ATTACH]I think these were called shopkeeper specials or something...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35877[/ATTACH]From the video game...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35880[/ATTACH]Also from the video game...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35878[/ATTACH]I believe this is a prop/toy but fits steampunk stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35879[/ATTACH]Some fictional tommy gun version, I believe...

I really hate that revolver at the top. The cut-off trigger guard just screams "and I can catch on any loose bit of material!"

I really hate that revolver at the top. The cut-off trigger guard just screams "and I can catch on any loose bit of material!"

Absolutely. That's a stupid thing to do to a pistol. Plus the possibility of an accidental discharge when drawing/holstering it.

*shudders*

Absolutely. That's a stupid thing to do to a pistol. Plus the possibility of an accidental discharge when drawing/holstering it.

*shudders*

If I remember correctly, it was known as the shop-keeper's special or some-such because mostly shop-keepers and the like who had it under a counter or in a holster were really about using it... it allowed faster access to the trigger. I can understand not wanting it, I certainly wouldn't, but its just one of those things from an era long past. No one does it to modern firearms except to replicate that old way of doing things... at least, as far as I know. =)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35993[/ATTACH]Video Game Machine Pistol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35994[/ATTACH]Custom 1911 w/ damascus slide

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35995[/ATTACH]Ruger Super Redhawk w/ Colt Anaconda Barrel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35996[/ATTACH]S&W Performance Center Special K .357 Mag

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35997[/ATTACH]Another video game rifle

That S&W is really close to what I'm looking for for a CCW here in 2 months.... I want a very short barreled .357.... most of the ones I've seen have these handles that are massive... lol.

K frames have always been a nice option, in my opinion. The size is right, the options are better, and s'long as you don't beat them to death with full house loads you should be fine. I like fuller grips versus the skinny grips, personally, but nothing too massive, s'long as they fill that gap behind the trigger. Those are faux ivory skinny grips, if I remember right, more like the old stock grips. They feel too small to me. A fuller, fingerless grip seems more appropriate, in a hardwood or whatever with a more matte surface or checkering in its stead. I don't like the overly glossy grips or the finger grooves.

That's actually the pistol I suggested to my wife if she were to carry concealed... I like the contoured slab barrel, gold bead sight, and the performance center trigger job isn't bad either... like a decently broken in trigger of old.

That S&W is really close to what I'm looking for for a CCW here in 2 months.... I want a very short barreled .357.... most of the ones I've seen have these handles that are massive... lol.

I used to own a S&W model 19 with a four-inch barrel and presentation grips. It was the pride-and-joy of my modern handguns, and it fit my hand very well. It looked something like this (I think the illustrated gun has a 7" barrel):

MyGuns-08.jpgI

Model 19s were great. I'd love to have one now, in the age of integrated gun locks and stainless over blued. Always been a revolver fan, and the classics are just that. Can't quite get myself to take the plunge into the single-action yet, though.

Re: Addendum:

Thanks guys. I don't mind having a handle that I can fit my hand around, it just looks like most of the ones I saw in the store looked like the handle alone would "print" pretty badly, and if I get a snubby .357, I want it to sit pretty small in the holster, ya know.. That one Baloo showed at the bottom looks pretty close to perfect, though.