Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Yes! I was very sad when the Marines didn't go with this for their IAD competition. Although to be honest the constant recoil seems to make the gun too controllable' date=' and it would be worthwhile to apply it to a heavier caliber weapon.[/quote']

Yeah, like 7x43mm, so you have a .30-cal weapon (actually .280-cal, but let's not quibble) which is controllable on full-auto. Give it a 20-inch quick-change barrel, a 150 round drum mag, a collapsing stock, P-rails, integral bipod and a nice big forward grip and you're good to go.

Shame that'll stay a fantasy.

I think the ammunition is too expensive to use in a belt fed weapon. And you wouldn't gain much by doing so in any case.

There are people trying to get it into use, figuring it could be a little heavier than the Mag-58 but with the range of a .50. I am not so sure, but it would still be cool.

Another thing I just saw... I had never heard of a lot of these cartridges, and many of the ones I had heard of this is the first time I saw them.

http://engelscollectibles.com/auction8/Catalog8web.pdf

I did see a 1" gatling round iirc at the Smithsonian when I was 10... Though it was a cannister round I think. nasty way to clear the decks...

Controllability has never been a selling point for any full auto pistol that I know of. It's more about shredding your opponent at very close range. There's usually some token attempt to try to control the recoil' date=' like muzzle porting or the cheesy fold-down foregrip on the Beretta 93R. But realistically these are for spray and pray.[/quote']

I only know of 2 full auto pistols that seem to have actually been practical.

The SCAMP fired a short .223 round similar to the 5.7mm FN round. The Polish PM-63 was a little bigger than a M1911 but fired the short Soviet 9mm round. Both of these were largish for a pistol and had a muzzle brake, but could be carried in a holster like a pistol. Their intended use was a small self defense weapon for people who don't normally need a weapon, what in the late 90s became known as a PDW.

There have been some that could use a removable stock, but then you are kind of moving to a small SMG.

The H&K VP-70 is probably the best of these, it could only fire auto (3 rd bursts) when the stock was attached which would greatly increase controllability (and makes it less fun). :eg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_SCAMP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM-63_RAK

I only know of 2 full auto pistols that seem to have actually been practical.

The SCAMP fired a short .223 round similar to the 5.7mm FN round. The Polish PM-63 was a little bigger than a M1911 but fired the short Soviet 9mm round. Both of these were largish for a pistol and had a muzzle brake, but could be carried in a holster like a pistol. Their intended use was a small self defense weapon for people who don't normally need a weapon, what in the late 90s became known as a PDW.

There have been some that could use a removable stock, but then you are kind of moving to a small SMG.

The H&K VP-70 is probably the best of these, it could only fire auto (3 rd bursts) when the stock was attached which would greatly increase controllability (and makes it less fun). :eg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_SCAMP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM-63_RAK

I always liked the Colt Imp and SCAMP. ;)

I have always been convinced such would.

Imagine an Old West brick with a colt revolving shotgun converted to percussion 12 ga and made into a revolver... or maybe a new cylinder in the iirc .75-150 Win, that is in my Cartridges of the world. There apparently was ONE gun made in it. ;)

Imagine an Old West brick with a colt revolving shotgun converted to percussion 12 ga and made into a revolver... or maybe a new cylinder in the iirc .75-150 Win, that is in my Cartridges of the world. There apparently was ONE gun made in it. ;)

There may or may not be the Taurus Raging Judge revolver in .28ga. I never did hear if the BATF was going to allow that.

ragingjudge2.jpg

You could also cut down an MTs-255 if you don't care what the BATF thinks.

2418853794_4b942b30db_o.jpg

Got this on it's way to me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40795[/ATTACH]

Sweet. Interchangeable barrels?

I have always liked that Idea.

Just this afternoon I was b-sing with a friend. If I won a lottery, I would contact Doug Turnbull and have him make me an Winchester 1886 with 3 or 4 barrels. lightweight(ish) hunting in .45-70, another probably somewhat heavier in either .50-90 or .50 alaskan, and probably a fairly heavy one in each also. I am intrigued by the wildcat .375-.348 Ackley improved, but I think it would work better in a single shot or bolt action. There are no flex tip bullets appropriate for it from Hornady, and I am not a big fan of flat point bullets where I don't have to use them. At least not in cartridges that should have reasonable ability to reach out there...

Or, more practically, maybe just an interchangeable barrel takedown Marlin 1895 with three barrels. A 16-18 inch carbine, a 20 inch short rifle, and a 26 inch long rifle. All with full length magazine tubes. .45-70 of course. If the gun could function with it it would be nice to have a barrel, probably 18-20 inch, in either .50-70 or .50-90. Just for gits and shins, of course.

Then a takedown model 92 or Marlin in .45 colt. Two barrels, one a fairly short light one of hunting, backpacking, etc... the other say 24" medium weight. With Ruger specific loads, even without getting into the ultra high pressure .454 Casull loads, it is possible to load a .45 colt +P to put out a 360 gr lead bullet at a bit over 1000fps from a revolver. From a longer rifle Barrel, I suspect they might generate 1200fps. As this is within shouting distance of the traditional loads for the .45-70, I think this would be an awesome combination.

I'll try to attach some stuff I found about the CETME ultra high BC bullet designs from the post WWII era. I have a google translation of the text lower in the file.

Okay, that did not work. The site I got the info from is

http://www.municion.org/7_92x40/7_92x40.htm

Someone here can probably do a better translation than I got from GOOGLE anyway.

I always figured anti-vampire rounds would be shotgun rounds.

Depends on the vampire. In 'Salem's Lot a vampire takes two barrels to the chest at a range of maybe 5 feet. All it does it vaporize the vampire's clothing.