Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

In real life I can't see a huge advantage to having a gun that folds and unfolds.

But it's still really cool and this is not a real-life gun thread, but a thread about guns for games! So the FPG is awesome.

The three revolvers I posted--one is a PPC target pistol (real steel) and the bottom two exist only as renders from some deviantart page. Which is good since the bottom revolver, that apparently fires two bullets at once, would be utterly ridiculous.

In real life I can't see a huge advantage to having a gun that folds and unfolds.

But it's still really cool and this is not a real-life gun thread, but a thread about guns for games! So the FPG is awesome.

The three revolvers I posted--one is a PPC target pistol (real steel) and the bottom two exist only as renders from some deviantart page. Which is good since the bottom revolver, that apparently fires two bullets at once, would be utterly ridiculous.

I am sure it is inspired by some Anime gun.

speaking of guns though...

My Christmas Goodie from my Dad!

.45 Colt, New Vaquero.

The mentions of 9mm and .45 ACP revolvers that I did find were geared toward LEOs that already had standardized on semiautomatic pistols and wanted revolvers in like caliber for backup use. Even then I have to wonder' date=' though--why bother when the odds of you having to load one gun with rounds from the other is next to zero?[/quote']

That way the department doesn't have to issue different calibers of ammo for the officer's primary and back-up weapon. You don't take the rounds from one gun to load the other until well after you wished backup would have arrived. And one of the guns won't fire. And the other needs ammunition. Ad absurdium.

Are there any magazine type tranquilizer pistols/rifles' date=' or is this pure fantasy?[/quote']

Pure fantasy. Every application I can think of where a tranq gun would likely be used, repeat shots have to be calculated according to the mass of the target and how many doses have been given already. Unless the magazine-fed tranq gun can adjust the dose on the fly (perhaps operator-adjusted) it's probably not practical or safe.

Of course, in a super or sci-fi setting, who's to say someone hasn't developed a "knock-out" drug with an effective dose so small and a toxic doze so large the only way you could die from the stuff is drown in a vat of it?

This is totaly awsome, got get me one, warhammer 40 k lives supers die LOL

this is a find!

Lord Ghee

Looks like that is the original 76mm Samouraix version. Impressive, but the later version that used the 40mm HV grenades as used by the Mk 19 Mod 3 was probably more practical.

NOT that a 2-3 lb HE Fragmentation grenade is anything to scoff at...

Edit:

I just remembered something I thought of inspired by that weapon. It might have been a SUPERB weapon to mount with a machine gun on our convoy vehicles in Iraq and Afghanistan. I like the thought of a recoilless rifle for busting ambushes, but that backblast issue could be avoided by using something like the HIWS

And now for something just a leetle beet different--the JPX Jet Protector

bild1__01718.jpg

Link to an article

Link to another

I like the design, although I think that the next development would be a revolver configuration--six shots would be better than two, after all. And while a "real-world" campaign would use pepper spray for the chemical agent, a more fantastic campaign would use something like fast-acting tranquilizer or lethal nerve toxin.