Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

I always wondered why helical magazines weren't more popular.

Ditto.

I realize on an intellectual level that magazines like those on the P90 or Bizon are mechanically sound, but it still boggles my simple mind at how their designs work. Also, this holds true for the H&K G11's loading mechanism.

And/or a full-auto version. :thumbup:

I want to see a version based on the two-barreled WWII antiaircraft guns that fired from alternating barrels. Alas, I can't remember what they're called, but the nickname was "pom-pom guns" if I'm correct.

ETA: In U.S. Navy, the guns I'm yalking abour were called "Chicago pianos", a play on the slang term for the Thompson SMG; "Chicago violins".

I want to see a version based on the two-barreled WWII antiaircraft guns that fired from alternating barrels. Alas, I can't remember what they're called, but the nickname was "pom-pom guns" if I'm correct.

ETA: In U.S. Navy, the guns I'm yalking abour were called "Chicago pianos", a play on the slang term for the Thompson SMG; "Chicago violins".

I believe those were 20 mm Oerlikons, in twin dual mounts (i.e. 4 weapons in a tub.)

Haven't seen this one on here (or anywhere else on the boards). Here is my 5th Edition build for the Shanxi Type-17. She'd be sweet in a Pulp Hero game or a Dark Champions game.

From Wikipedia: During the Warlord era of Chinese History in the early 20th century, the province of Shansi was ruled by the warlord Yen Hsi-shan, who had established a modern arms factory in his capital city of Taiyuan. Yen was equipping his troops with a locally produced copy of the Thompson sub machine gun, chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge, but was experiencing supply difficulties as his troops' sidearms were 7.63mm calibre C96 handguns.[20]

His solution was to produce a .45 ACP caliber version of the C96, thus standardizing ammunition and making supply easier.[20] Designated Type 17, production on the .45 caliber handgun began in 1929 at the Taiyuan Arsenal. They are inscribed (in Chinese) "Type 17" on the left hand side of the gun, and "Republic Year Eighteen, Made in Shansi" on the right hand side.[20] They were issued (along with Thompson SMGs) to railway guards in the province as defense against bandits and other warlords.

Besides being chambered for a larger cartridge, the Shansi .45 pistols are noticeably bigger than their 7.63mm counterparts, with the 10-round magazine extending below the trigger guard. It was loaded using two 5-round stripper clips rather than the single 10-round stripper clips of the standard 7.63mm Mauser.

Most of the Shanxi .45 pistols were melted down after the Communist victory in the Chinese Civil War, largely due to their odd caliber for Communist Regulations, but a few examples were exported overseas for sale on the commercial market.[20] Approximately 8,500 Shanxi .45 caliber Broomhandle pistols are believed to have been produced by the Taiyuan Arsenal, but there is some debate as to how many of the Shanxi .45 calibre Broomhandle pistols currently on the commercial market were actually produced for Yen's troops, and how many are more recent productions for the US collectors' market.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42237[/ATTACH]

My first pass at the build

[table]

[tr]

[td=align: right]Cost [/td]

[td]Power[/td]

[td=align: right]END[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td=align: right]12 [/td]

[td]Shanxi Type 17 (.45 ACP): Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1 (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), 2 clips of 10 Charges (Two 5-round stripper clips; -0) [/td]

[td= valign=top""align: right][10][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

For equipment: Str Min: 8, Weight: 1.2kg

My first pass at the build

[table]

[tr]

[td=align: right]Cost [/td]

[td]Power[/td]

[td=align: right]END[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td=align: right]12 [/td]

[td]Shanxi Type 17 (.45 ACP): Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1 (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), 2 clips of 10 Charges (Two 5-round stripper clips; -0) [/td]

[td= valign=top""align: right][10][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

For equipment: Str Min: 8, Weight: 1.2kg

Needs +1 STUN, as the .45 round is apparently a hefty one. (I recall reading it was a 'man-stopper' round.)