Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

It would be a built-in shooting rest. Braced and Set every time you fire!

The +1 OCV from "Set" will help, but that 1/2 DCV from "Braced" is a killer. Although I suppose he'll get the advantage of partial cover from the drum... :D

What's a (relatively) efficient and quick way for a character equipped with a tactical shield to reload their pistol? Equipment suggestions are welcome. New York Reload suggestions...thanks' date=' but it's not ideal for me.[/quote']

Well, there's always this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9iKwEmUjyI

Most Guns bought "legally" are Expensive. The 5/7 runs about a grand, plus or minus a hundred here and there. The Ammo isn't cheap but it's not check book breaking like a few others I got sitting around.

If you know where to go illegally though, that's a completely different animal.

~Rex

I need to check some lottery ticket sitting in my wallet!!!!!!!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/26/fg-42-tactical-take-a-deep-breath/

[h=2]FG-42 Tactical !!!!!!!! Take a deep breath …[/h] I can barely contain my excitement! A german firm called Tactics Group will be producing a "tacti-cool" version of the German WWII Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 (Paratrooper Rifle 42) aka. FG-42. It will feature all the accessories found on modern rifles.

fg_2wi-tm-tfb.jpeg

The new FG-42 will feature polymer furniture, a spring-powered recoil reducing buttstock, AR-15-compatible pistol grip, picatinny rails a fancy muzzle brake. It will be chambered in 7.92x57mm Mauser, the same cartridge as the FG-42. The felt recoil is said to be reduced to about the same as a .223 Remington. The company is working on constructing a magazine with a higher capacity than the standard 20-round FG-42 magazine.

fg_1z-tm-tfb.jpeg

There will be two variants, a carbine model (pictured above) and a rifle length model.

This is the gun I deep down always wanted, I just did not realize it until now icon_smile.gif

[ Many thanks to TroubleShooterBerlin for emailing us the photos. ]

This could be wonderful. a 7.62x51mm version with a good quality barrel might make a lot of manufacturers of newer designs terrified!!!

I have a dimension-lost World War II veteran who's only real means of feeding himself comes from his M1 Garand. Now, the standard FMJ round is swell for game of a certain size, but is woefully inadequate for smaller critters.

Based on this, what kind of round(s) do you say he should get?

I have a dimension-lost World War II veteran who's only real means of feeding himself comes from his M1 Garand. Now, the standard FMJ round is swell for game of a certain size, but is woefully inadequate for smaller critters.

Rounds, hell! He needs a smaller gun for smaller game. A .30-06 bullet has enough muzzle energy to substantially "vaporize" almost any small game. If you're just killing varmints, that's not a problem, but Shredded Squirrel™ stays soggy even in milk!

If he doesn't have access to other weapons, he may have to learn more primitive means of obtaining small game (traps, bow and arrows, thrown stones, etc.)

Rounds, hell! He needs a smaller gun for smaller game. A .30-06 bullet has enough muzzle energy to substantially "vaporize" almost any small game. If you're just killing varmints, that's not a problem, but Shredded Squirrel™ stays soggy even in milk!

If he doesn't have access to other weapons, he may have to learn more primitive means of obtaining small game (traps, bow and arrows, thrown stones, etc.)

I have read of multi-shot rifle rounds, which is why I asked :cool: (I am hoping someone here can speak to their efficiency).

I have read of multi-shot rifle rounds' date=' which is why I asked :cool: (I am hoping someone here can speak to their efficiency).[/quote']

Are you talking about rifle rounds filled with birdshot?

I know my stepdad has a .22 pistol that he loaded with birdshot when he lived in Arizona. Good for taking out rattlesnakes before they can take you out.

I have read of multi-shot rifle rounds' date=' which is why I asked :cool: (I am hoping someone here can speak to their efficiency).[/quote']

If you put bird-shot in front of a standard .30-06 charge, it would still explode small animals with efficiency. If you loaded empty shells with a custom (lesser) charge to propel the shot at lower (but still deadly to small animals) velocities, that might work as well. Does your veteran have access to other weapons?

I wasn't kidding about the rock, either. Two of my mom's brother's were hunting with a .22 caliber rifle back in the '30s (they were just kids, really) and they spotted a squirrel on a branch. One brother had the rifle and wanted the shells; the other brother had the shells and wanted the rifle. Eventually one of them, exasperated, picked up a stone and hurled it at the squirrel, knocking it out of its tree, killing it. They ate squirrel that night.

Does your veteran have access to other weapons?

Nope: just the Garand and whatever .30-06 ammo is feasible.

I wasn't kidding about the rock' date=' either. Two of my mom's brother's were hunting with a .22 caliber rifle back in the '30s (they were just kids, really) and they spotted a squirrel on a branch. One brother had the rifle and wanted the shells; the other brother had the shells and wanted the rifle. Eventually one of them, exasperated, picked up a stone and hurled it at the squirrel, knocking it out of its tree, killing it. They ate squirrel that night.[/quote']

The problem with this is that he would have to get very close (he is experienced with throwing things, but no expert), and while he has a decent investment in Stealth, it isn't at special-ops level.

If you've access to reloading equipment, sub-powered loads are probably your best bet.

Your next best bet is probably 'barking' the target. The idea is to shoot just close enough that the impact of the round stuns the target (usually a squirrel) and it falls to the ground where the shooter finishes it off. Whether or not this is really possible is subject to debate, however, anything the GM lets you get away with is legal.

If you've access to reloading equipment, sub-powered loads are probably your best bet.

Your next best bet is probably 'barking' the target. The idea is to shoot just close enough that the impact of the round stuns the target (usually a squirrel) and it falls to the ground where the shooter finishes it off. Whether or not this is really possible is subject to debate, however, anything the GM lets you get away with is legal.

If All I have it the Full Sized Any Rifle and I'm looking to eat a squirrel. I'm gonna kill it with a Rock. Doesn't take much.

~Rex

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. The recoil compensation system in these is extremely clever, and I'm glad to see they've made it to market.

I've shot a Tommy Gun (M-1928) chambered in .45 ACP, and the lift was quite pronounced. I'd love to try one of these Kriss SMGs and see if it stays on target like they claim...

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've had these incorporated in my cyberpunk game since I first heard of them back in 2006 or 2007, using the following stats:

STR  PER  A/R
Name             Cal    OCV  RMod   Dam   STUNx  Shots  Min  Mod  Cost   Mass  Notes
-------------  -------  ---  ----  -----  -----  -----  ---  ---  -----  ----  ---------
PDI Super X     10mm    +1    +1   2d6-1  1d6-1   32    10   +4   61/19  1.90  AF5, iRC3
PDI Super V    .45 ACP  +1    +1   2d6-1   1d6    28    10   +4   67/20  2.00  AF5, iRC3

Looks like I'll need to modify the magazine capacity down to 25 since I was guessing at the final max capacity.

SQUEE!!!

~Rex

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. The recoil compensation system in these is extremely clever, and I'm glad to see they've made it to market.

I've shot a Tommy Gun (M-1928) chambered in .45 ACP, and the lift was quite pronounced. I'd love to try one of these Kriss SMGs and see if it stays on target like they claim...

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've had these incorporated in my cyberpunk game since I first heard of them back in 2006 or 2007, using the following stats:

STR  PER  A/R
Name             Cal    OCV  RMod   Dam   STUNx  Shots  Min  Mod  Cost   Mass  Notes
-------------  -------  ---  ----  -----  -----  -----  ---  ---  -----  ----  ---------
PDI Super X     10mm    +1    +1   2d6-1  1d6-1   32    10   +4   61/19  1.90  AF5, iRC3
PDI Super V    .45 ACP  +1    +1   2d6-1   1d6    28    10   +4   67/20  2.00  AF5, iRC3

Looks like I'll need to modify the magazine capacity down to 25 since I was guessing at the final max capacity.

I am currently saving up for one...in real life. :)