Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Actually the Colt SAA has been available in a dizzying number of calibers. The .45 Colt is the most common, but the gun has been offered in many others, even as small as .22 LR. I'm not sure why someone would want to put a rather weak round like the 9x18mm in a large gun like the SAA, but it is theoretically possible either through a custom gun or an approriately chambered gun using half moon clips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Single_Action_Army

Moon clips cannot be used on a SAA type gun.

:drink::smoke::joint::doi:

You are correct, I wasn't thinking about the style of cylinder on those guns. I suppose someone could make little C clips snapped onto each round to give the 9x18mm a rim, but that just makes it a further question of why bother. :confused:

:drink::smoke::joint::doi:

You are correct, I wasn't thinking about the style of cylinder on those guns. I suppose someone could make little C clips snapped onto each round to give the 9x18mm a rim, but that just makes it a further question of why bother. :confused:

Ocelot is quite the dedicated fellow :).

In games that stress tactical realism' date=' or, at least, stress it more often than a typical Hollywood action-movie, do your characters carry their semi-automatic sidearms with "one in the chamber"?[/quote']

unless they are military and not allowed to.

Depending on the gun, of course. 1911 is my personal fave, I like the WItness/CZ75 family too.

400px-ASP_9.jpg

The ASP 9.

400px-Asptwothousand.jpg

The ASP 2000.

---

The former pistol is a modified Smith & Wesson Model 39, and the latter pistol is a modified Smith & Wesson 3913.

Basically, these pistols had their superfluous weight machined off, are corrosion resistant, sport transparent grips, lack an exposed hammer, and utilize a unique "gutter" type sight.

They appear to be ideal for quick instinctive shooting in harsh environments.

Yep which is what I use in my Webley when I carry it. Otherwise I carry a Charter Arms Undercover Southpaw .38 Special.

I wish there were a top break capable of handling magnum pressures. :(

Or at least roughly 20-23k psi .45 colt loads...

400px-ASP_9.jpg

The ASP 9.

400px-Asptwothousand.jpg

The ASP 2000.

---

The former pistol is a modified Smith & Wesson Model 39, and the latter pistol is a modified Smith & Wesson 3913.

Basically, these pistols had their superfluous weight machined off, are corrosion resistant, sport transparent grips, lack an exposed hammer, and utilize a unique "gutter" type sight.

They appear to be ideal for quick instinctive shooting in harsh environments.

I've read the ASP was the inspiration for the S&W 6906, which is a cut down S&W 5906 with a bobbed hammer. Other than the gutter sight and a few more rounds in the magazine (12) it is basically the ASP. Despite the short barrel it is a very accurate pistol. I've always been kind of curious why they didn't offer a similar 3906 for those with smaller hands or wanting a slightly slimmer gun (single column vs double column mag), particularly after the '94 assault rifle ban limited magazines to 10 rounds.

350px-S%26W6906.jpg

Don't know if it qualifies as cool guns for your games, but this is my wife's new toy. We're taking it to the range today for its inaugural firing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43446[/ATTACH]

Congrats!

Despite the short barrel it is a very accurate pistol.

Apparently snub pistols are surprising accurate, mainly because their barrels don't flex when fired. I've seen youtube of a guy shooting milk cartons with a 2" .357 at some ludicrous range, 75 yards or something, I can't remember.