Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

No range modifier would probably be the best way to write it up, but iirc it is a laser beam riding system, so needs to be kept on target.   Not fire and forget.  

Actually this system is imo questionable for conventional kinetic energy bullets.   

Using it with explosive shells, for instance the high velocity 25mm grenades from the XM307 imo would make more sense.   

I suppose it could be very useful for certain very specialized roles.    Mount a fully stabilized turret on an UAV, equipped with a weapon designed specifically for this system.  

A TRUE flying Sniper rifle.   Might be superb for loitering around an area, then killing insurgents/terrorists/what have you who are firing rockets or mortars, planning to run before any counter fire can hit them.     

And again, something with a small area effect might well be more practical.  

I want one of these when it comes out. Plans are for a civilian version that can still be mounted underbarrel without being ridiculous thanks to its bullpup design. Can also be used as a stand-alone shotgun. All in one kit. Double action trigger is my only concern, depending on how they do the trigger. However, not a concern in a game! You can find this at six12.com

By itself...

12064694446_e685b37b6b_b.jpg

Civilian version, mounted:

086.jpg

The revolver shotgun is just begging to be chopped down to size.

I have a picture for that, but I couldn't ge the link to work. It looks pretty sweet when cut down like a classic cut-down.

Good game guns, I am not really a fan in the real world. For certain uses, okay, but pretty bulky.

Yeah, they just look cool, IMO. I'd purchase that sort of thing if it were cheap, like I would consider (if I weren't currently broke) buying that cheap winchest lever shotgun (like in Terminator 2) that someone is making just for giggles and neat factor, but probably not for too serious use. Though, frankly, the action and some of it's features do fascinate me.

However, the Crye Six12 fascinates me and if not idiotic in price, I may pick one up just because of it's ability to be mounted on a rifle and be civilian legal.

I left the Kell to msg, but apparently 2 People have managed to remove part of their support hand when they slipped, for whatever reason. I suspect the were trying to maximize the rate of fire...

With which one? I don't know what "Kell" is. Is that the russian one? I know the Rossie one in .410 has a blast shield to prevent damage from that area. =) I don't see evidence of one on the russian 255.

Dang it, maybe I should just quit posting from my phone.

Kel tek ksg shotgun. In one case, they apparently had a vertical fore end grip attached to the rail. The grip was actually cracked, and came loose as the shooter was driving the action forward. Due to the short barrels and short overall length, his hand ended up in exactly the place you DON'T want it when firing a shotgun. Iirc, in the other case the user's hand slipped forward off the for end for the same result.

Apparently the manufacturer is now including some kind of a front end hand stop.

It would if not defeat the purpose, then at least weaken it, but a version could be made with a longer barrel and magazine tubes. Another option might be to increase the texture on the fore end to improve friction.

I think a thinner, lighter 20 ga would be interesting. But I realize I am odd...

Spectre.jpg

The Spectre M4. This is an Italian made submachine gun that uses an unusual magazine arrangement known as a "casket magazine". Unlike other firearms that use single stacked magazines (such as a Colt M1911) or double stacked magazines (such as a Beretta M9), the Spectre M4's magazine is quad stacked (!), allowing for a fifty round magazine capacity in a housing that's comparable to what, say, an H&K MP5 might use.

---

guns12807__7__op_800x600.jpg

An Intratec Companion Derringer-type pistol. This model is chambered in .357 magnum, but a comparable model, the Intratec Tec-38 (seen below), is chambered in .38 Special.

300px-Tec-38Derringer.jpg

I fairly keen on the design of these derringers. They've been out for a while, yet still look distinctly high-tech and "serious".

I finally found another semi-automatic box-magazine type magnum pistol!

This is the Wildey Magnum. The above model is chambered in .475 Wildey, but .44 Magnum and .45 Winchester Magnum models also exist.

This was in the.... 2nd Dirty Harry movie, wasn't it? Very neat. Good find! Very unique looking.

The Spectre M4. This is an Italian made submachine gun that uses an unusual magazine arrangement known as a "casket magazine". Unlike other firearms that use single stacked magazines (such as a Colt M1911) or double stacked magazines (such as a Beretta M9), the Spectre M4's magazine is quad stacked (!), allowing for a fifty round magazine capacity in a housing that's comparable to what, say, an H&K MP5 might use.

---

An Intratec Companion Derringer-type pistol. This model is chambered in .357 magnum, but a comparable model, the Intratec Tec-38 (seen below), is chambered in .38 Special.

I fairly keen on the design of these derringers. They've been out for a while, yet still look distinctly high-tech and "serious".

Can't say those guns look very high tech to me, but that's just my opinion. The derringers just look like cast barrels with injection molded grips. The castings look like cast iron, almost. The few intratec weapons I've ever handled were... ummm... they concerned me. If you're interested in high capacity magazines, these magazines from SureFire for AR15s are interesting. The Spectre looks interesting but kind of ugly. Would be curious to know how it actually works. Very compact looking, which is neat, and ugly can be very cool in some ways. =) Either way, nice finds. =)

WASP gas injection knife:

I've seen this knife. Very spy movie-ish, eh? Now put that down, Mr. Bond... supposedly there's one that shoots the blade out, but not sure of legality or even if it works worth a fart. =)

I've read about the KSG hand mutilation problems before. They look like a really cool and handy shotgun, but I would NOT use one without putting a very sturdy hand stop on it first.

I've heard of the handguard breaking with too narrow handles on the fore-end, but not mutilations... this is the keltec bullpup shotgun you're talking about?

Agreed--they look very sweet.  But what are those weapons supposed to fire?  Lasers?  Particle Beams?  Plasma?  Something Else?

In the game, I think it had two fire modes... I'm hard pressed to remember anymore, but they were... uh... klingon disruptor style energy weapons, I think?

Dang it, maybe I should just quit posting from my phone.

Kel tek ksg shotgun. In one case, they apparently had a vertical fore end grip attached to the rail. The grip was actually cracked, and came loose as the shooter was driving the action forward. Due to the short barrels and short overall length, his hand ended up in exactly the place you DON'T want it when firing a shotgun. Iirc, in the other case the user's hand slipped forward off the for end for the same result.

Apparently the manufacturer is now including some kind of a front end hand stop.

It would if not defeat the purpose, then at least weaken it, but a version could be made with a longer barrel and magazine tubes. Another option might be to increase the texture on the fore end to improve friction.

I think a thinner, lighter 20 ga would be interesting. But I realize I am odd...

Oh, and though it would be bulky and heavy, the design could be scaled up to use 40mms grenades, or the other grenades launcher rounds on the market. I don't think it could be bulkier than the revolver style currently in use.

That sounds like a very good idea.  It's easy to see how things could go awry with this bullpup pump action:

Sorry, I missed some posts... okay. I thought it had a bit of a lip on the fore-end to stop that, but any short weapon of that sort takes some awareness. The bottom rail is polymer, so some front handles with narrow gripping surfaces were breaking the fore-end. Not sure if they fixed that yet. Seems to me that if a vertical foregrip isn't your thing, one of those angled fore-end pieces by MagPul would be a better answer. Longer attachment surface, doesn't add too much vertical space, has a front lip, and you can even just grab the handle wholesale and rack that pellet gun briskly.

For vertical rails, I've heard it suggested that a metal rail be added to the normal one, but I've also seen a lot of vertical foregrips with a wider base worked just fine.

So the front rail is certainly an issue. Not sure why they would make that out of polymer, but keltec has always been that kind of company, in my very little experience with their firearms.