Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Well, technically even depleted uranium is still somewhat radioactive.  Sadly it is impossible to create an atomic warhead in handgun calibers; critical mass requires a certain... mass.  (At least with current technology; I've often wondered what you could accomplish if you combined Pym particles with enriched uranium.)

I read that they did figure out how to make nuclear weapons small enough for grenades, etc.    IIRC they would have used Californium, and needed to be re-cored within a month or so...    

Well, technically even depleted uranium is still somewhat radioactive.  Sadly it is impossible to create an atomic warhead in handgun calibers; critical mass requires a certain... mass.  (At least with current technology; I've often wondered what you could accomplish if you combined Pym particles with enriched uranium.)

Well in the "Ogre" universe I think they went with laser triggered Fusion. That would not require a "critical mass". Likely you'd need anti-matter to be "practical". :rofl:

Has anyone posted the Tavor TAR-21?

Israeli gun, 5.56 chamber, smaller than the M-16 and highly rated.  It can fire 900 rpm out of a 30 round magazine (out in a hurry at full rock and roll), and it has muzzle velocity of 910 m/s.  The Isralis tend to make really rugged guns.

TAVOR.jpg

Has anyone posted the Tavor TAR-21?

Israeli gun, 5.56 chamber, smaller than the M-16 and highly rated.  It can fire 900 rpm out of a 30 round magazine (out in a hurry at full rock and roll), and it has muzzle velocity of 910 m/s.  The Isralis tend to make really rugged guns.

TAVOR.jpg

The bipod placement seems a little weird ergonomically. Is a shooter's off hand supposed to grip the front trigger guard?

OK just watched a very interesting instalment of forgotten weapons on the Pancor Jack Hammer a weapon well known in video games and a lot of role-playing games I didn't realise that they never entered production. so you get to see the only example and the iconic look is of a early machining prototype not a  finished article.

A proposed military pistol with a built in suppressor.  They overstate the effectiveness of how quiet these things get a gun in the article, but its an interesting design, like the old WW2 era Welrod.  I don't know why they call it a "Judge Dredd" gun, since it doesn't have voice-activated variable ammunition or a biological lock

landscape-1442511669-silencer-gun.jpg

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/do-you-need-a-revolver-shotgun-for-your-ar-15-of-course-you-do/

What a slick piece of modular shotgun technology: you can "dial-a-round" and have up to six different types of shells/slugs/various exotic rounds ready to go at a moment's notice.

Also, I just love whenever revolvers and shotguns get combined into something (this is doubly true for the resulting firearms which are viable).

is it sad that i knew you where talking about the SIX12 before i saw the picture lol another addition to my growing list of UNIT spec ops weapons

combining the last two posts integrally suppressed stand alone SIX12 looks like something you would use for peacekeeping on a space station (and actually might be a good choice for that less hearing loss from firing in a confined space and you can use been bag or incapacitant rounds rather than slugs that would tear up the hull.)

6-Twelve-standalone-2.jpg

is it sad that i knew you where talking about the SIX12 before i saw the picture lol another addition to my growing list of UNIT spec ops weapons

combining the last two posts integrally suppressed stand alone SIX12 looks like something you would use for peacekeeping on a space station (and actually might be a good choice for that less hearing loss from firing in a confined space and you can use been bag or incapacitant rounds rather than slugs that would tear up the hull.)

6-Twelve-standalone-2.jpg

You could also use rounds similar to Glaser safety slugs: very lethal against lightly or totally unarmored humans, yet extremely unlikely to overpenetrate.

speaking of the Welrod i thought i posted this a while ago but didn't the Brügger & Thomet VP-9 a 9mm pistol designed for veterinarians for silently and humanely putting down animals.

"Designed at the request of a large animal Veterinarian who was called out to deal with animals that have been hit by cars on the Autobahn, the VP9 (Veterinarian Pistol – 9mm) is a quiet, single-shot pistol intended use when putting down injured animals and wounded game. The pistol and suppressor components of the VP9 were developed simultaneously to produce the most quiet 9mm pistol in the world. Capable of a reduction of 31.5 dB, the suppressor is designed so that even standard 124 gr. FMJ ammunition won’t reach supersonic speed, producing a noise level as low as 129 dB – roughly the same level of noise as a car door closing; use of subsonic ammunition further lowers the sound signature to around 125 dB. In fact, according to B&T, the shot is so quiet that manipulating the bolt-like-action to cycle another round is louder than the shot itself."

BjO8KD8.jpgHzog9MG.jpg