Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

That Six 12 looks almost exactly like a gun I designed for my sci fi setting years ago.  Very cool looking :)

There are a couple of shotgun shell firing pistols, like the Smith & Wesson Governor; fires .410 shells

Smith-Wesson-Governor-II.jpg

And the Taurus Judge, also .410 shot shell (or Casull 454)

RagingJudgeMagnum.jpg

I haven't read much good about the Taurus but the S&W is supposed to be quite good.

That Six 12 looks almost exactly like a gun I designed for my sci fi setting years ago.  Very cool looking :)

There are a couple of shotgun shell firing pistols, like the Smith & Wesson Governor; fires .410 shells

Smith-Wesson-Governor-II.jpg

And the Taurus Judge, also .410 shot shell (or Casull 454)

RagingJudgeMagnum.jpg

I haven't read much good about the Taurus but the S&W is supposed to be quite good.

The judge isn't a BAD gun, but it has its limitations.   Taurus has a history of Quality control problems...     If I had unlimited money, I would convert a Judge to fire a integrally suppressed/captive piston cartridge (reference Teleshot).  The BATFE would require a 200 dollar tax stamp for each round...

I wish they had used a "Paradox" rifling system in it, but...   it works.   

I am annoyed that the Judge is the ONLY .45 Colt they make.  They used to make a version of the tracker in .45 colt, and as they now make one in .44 magnum, it could easily handle +p loads.   NOw you have to accept the hugely long cylinder and shallow rifling if you want a compact, 5 shot .45 colt factory gun.  

The grip just doesn't look right for the Judge, especially for how big it is.

That VP9 silenced pistol looks amazingly like the Welrod, I wonder if he designed it from seeing the original?  Although it can be reloaded.

The original Judge is not a big pistol.  Are you thinking bout the "Raging Judge" .454 Casull?

• 3 weeks later...

wpid-aek-906-nosorog_i_2.jpg

This is the AEK 906 (double action) revolver. It is chambered in 9x18mm Makarov and 9x19mm Parabellum (as the AEK 906-1 variant). Because 9x19mm revolvers are rare, I felt I had to post this here.

1287754058.jpg

This is the OT2-20 Gnom smoothbore revolver. It is chambered in a 12.5mm round.

VcPnQJf.jpg

This is the Voros (double action) Pistol. It is chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum, and uses a thirty-six round helical magazine.

DSCN1240.jpg

This is the Steyr Scout (bolt-action) sniper rifle. It is chambered in both 5.56mm NATO and 7.62mm NATO. The unique visual design of this rifle has always been endearing to me (in a somewhat quirky sort of way).

cbj_ak900.jpg

This is the Saab Bofors CBJ MS Personal Defense Weapon. It can fire both the proprietary 6.5x25mm high-velocity round and 9x19mm Parabellum round with a barrel swap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, a new glock similar in concept to one of my old favorites, if only I could win a lotto...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/17/review-glock-40-gen4-10mm-long-slide-red-dot-big-bore-hand-cannon/

20151108_124536-660x371.jpg

if it was me, I might well get this one though.  I know they fit my hand, and large frame Glocks have been really questionable about that.  I haven;t tried the newer generations though...

http://eaacorp.com/index.php/guns/handguns/witness-hunter-tanfoglio-109

witness-hunter-tanfoglio_l.png

This one is weird.   High speed video of gelatin testing the Army's new M855A1 round.   The apparently rapid fragmentation probably means no other NATO country will use it, and some will of course argue it is a war crime...   

The Apparent effects inside the gelatin are BIZARRE, and make no sense.  Unless possibly the bullet is designed with a small amount of powdered Zirconium or some such that is dispersed when the bullet fragments...   Which has not been in any report I have read about the bullet.  

Watch this, and tell me, is somebody fudging the video?   CGI?  Adulterating the gelatin with something flammable/reactive?   WTH?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/16/incredible-high-speed-footage-armys-new-round-gel/

Watch this, and tell me, is somebody fudging the video?   CGI?  Adulterating the gelatin with something flammable/reactive?   WTH?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/16/incredible-high-speed-footage-armys-new-round-gel/

The explanation in the article is good enough for me--something in the gel is vaporized during the impact and it diesels when the initial cavity collapses.  Hard to say without knowing what they made the gel with though.

Regardless, I think I will try to avoid being hit with one of these.  The initial cavity is bigger than the entire gel block.

The explanation in the article is good enough for me--something in the gel is vaporized during the impact and it diesels when the initial cavity collapses.  Hard to say without knowing what they made the gel with though.

Regardless, I think I will try to avoid being hit with one of these.  The initial cavity is bigger than the entire gel block.

I wonder what the range was.  These things are usually done at short range so maximum velocity...   would be interesting to see comparisons every 50 or 100 meters or so...