Hero Images

Jared Rann

I recently found a website that has basically just a file with superhero images. Many variations of Captain Anerica are there as well several other heros from different ages. All the images seem to have been created with a system similiar to Heromachine, but I don't believe they are from there. The name of the link is www.jjinbeat.com. If anyone can tell me what system they were created on, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, somewhere in the discussion board, there was a conversation list other image links, but I can't seem to find them. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

Re: Hero Images

I don't know the program that created those images either, but they strike me as looking very familiar in style to something else I've seen... A little like the Just League Unlimited, Legion of Superheroes and X-Men Evolution animated shows...

If you do find the program that created these, please pass it on!

Keith

You know, I do recall some kind of discussion that this was done with some kind of program. I know that there are a LOT of images in that JLA:TAS style. So many and of differing subjects (eg some DC, some Marvel, some homegrowney) that I doubt these were images 'borrowed' from some media.

I guess it could be possible that the guy just likes to draw...a LOT.

But I do believe there was some kind of program...I just don't remember if we ever determined what it was. :)

Those weren't created by a program, they were created by an incredible artist who uses the X-Men:Evolution Style. He goes by Ronnie Thunderbolts, and his collection of pictures is unbelievably huge. Check out http://www.superbuddies.net, that's where most of his stuff (and that of several other amazing artists) is. They really like you to credit anything you get from the site, but they're pretty cool about letting you use their stuff for your games.

found out a few details about the creator of these images... You might be able to follow up with him to learn more about how he is making them. He's been posting on a foum at comicbookresources.com under the nickname "RonnieThuderbolts". Here's a link to his profile. If you register on those boards you could probably ask him how he creates all of the great pics. :)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/member.php?u=848

Here's a link to his personal website showcasing the artwork:

http://www.medinnus.com/rt_art/

Sample posting by him referencing his artwork:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-130801.html

Hope this helps!

Keith

Thanks, I'll see if I can get in touch with him. It would be great if it were some sort of system, with so many poses and options, you could stay up for days on end creating charater images. You're right though, there is something familiar about them, just can't put my finger on it.

Jared:

Looked over the creator's web site... He makes direct reference to trying to emulate the style of X-Men Evolution, which is why it looks so familiar to us. :) These appear to be a mix of free hand and some possible computer work. Doesn't sound like a program is involved from the little I can glean from his postings. Let me know if that turns out to be wrong though!

Keith

I just sent a message to the creator of the artwork of the above mentioned webpage. Hopefully I will get a response back from him soon. I enquired whether his artwork was all done freehand and whether or not he took requests or commisions. Will let everyone know when he gets back to me.

I just sent a message to the creator of the artwork of the above mentioned webpage. Hopefully I will get a response back from him soon. I enquired whether his artwork was all done freehand and whether or not he took requests or commisions. Will let everyone know when he gets back to me.

That's great Jared. I look forward to hearing what he says. :)

I recently found a website that has basically just a file with superhero images. Many variations of Captain Anerica are there as well several other heros from different ages. All the images seem to have been created with a system similiar to Heromachine' date=' but I don't believe they are from there. The name of the link is www.jjinbeat.com. If anyone can tell me what system they were created on, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, somewhere in the discussion board, there was a conversation list other image links, but I can't seem to find them. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

Great Work as usual Jared.

How are the Superbuddies.net treating you these days?

QM

• 2 weeks later...

I found out the artist does do commisions, but he has been hard to get a hold of. As DRL mentioned, Jared has most of his work posted on www.supperbuddies.net. Go to the artists alley in the forums section. He has some threads under the name of Ronnie Thuderbolts. Some really fantastic stuff. I encourage to check out the others as well, some really talented people on there.