Shadowrun Hero

johnflang

For magic attribute, I have an inkling of an idea. How about this, since Cyberware eats away at Magic, why not make it so that every X active points invested in cyberware take away from the campaign active points limit for anything Magic related? Maybe something like 30%

For example, in a campaign with, say, a 50 active point limit to character abilites, a character with 90 total active points invested in cyberware would allow for only a maximum of 20 active points Magic abilities (50 - (90*0.3))

Of course, this is just off the top of my head without any playtesting or even deep thoughts behind it.

SirDidymus

Generally to avoid the whole 0 magic spellcasting mage, Blood mages, negative essence, and other icky icky icky SR problems (let's just start off with continuing game balance, Gm only monsters,

etc....)

the best thing to do is to throw in "minor" limitations on each piece of cyberware, -1-5 on the magical skill roll per piece. After all only the people trying to double dip would need both...... and cybrware is built for people not mages.

The exception to this, is of course, people who actually pay points for everything the the point totals are the limit.

and Rotwang, good job, that is about half of my SR->4th edition conversion notes.

SR is not a difficult conversion to hero, you even typically have enough dice!!!!!