CU: Existing Villains, New Teams

Lord Liaden

By this time many supervillain writeups have been published for the official Champions Universe, master, team and solo. One point that their writeups often stress is that these villains can be mixed and combined by GMs to create their own original villain teams. I was curious as to how many folks here have actually done that. Who have you put together to bedevil your hapless PCs? :eg: Did you create all-new team combos, or modify existing villain teams like Eurostar or the Ultimates? Did you mix published villains with your own original creations? What themes, motifs or campaign niches did your base your concepts on?

Just to provide a few illustrative examples that have been posted to these forums in the past: Scott Bennie solicited help to "Build Me A Villain Team" that could challenge the mightiest hero groups, in the vein of Marvel's Masters of Evil. Lots of suggestions were tossed around, and several interesting combinations and concepts emerged.

Weldun came looking for recruits for the Black Paladin's new evil Camelot, The Dark Kingdom, drawing together supernatural or just plain evil villains with a "medieval" or "knight" theme.

For my part, I outlined an alliance of master and near-master villains in a world-threatening paranormal conspiracy, inspired by the classic Champions organization RAVEN. More recently I asked for help naming a collection of Champions Universe demonic entitites drawn from around the world (and several 5E sourcebooks), which became the Hunt.

So, what have y'all done with all these shiny baddies? :)

Re: CU: Existing Villains, New Teams

I always wanted to modify existing groups, like sending more superpowered and non-murderous villains into GRAB (which might become something like a supervillain temp agency as time goes on).

Hmm, that idea might work with the Taqiristan plot seed listed in NotW. Now alll I need is a long-range teleporter who can get through the standard anti-teleporting defenses with at least one other person along for the ride.

I also thought of adding more villains to PSI, like either a TK-based brick or that 'physical control' character from Batman Beyond. Everybody knows mentalists are physical wimps, right? Let them laugh this guy's attacks off...

Combining the various animal-themed villains from the books into the Menagerie sounds like a fun idea to me.

Re: CU: Existing Villains, New Teams

From 4th edition, in my hey day (High School), we had a campaign based on DC's "War of the Gods". The Egyption deities were using characters as Avatars (hence my icon of Hawknight). The avatar of Bast collected all the feline characters to combat the forces of Set (King Cobra). Used any feline character from Champions, Villians & Vigilantes, GURPS, and Heroes Unlimited.

Bast was from the White Dwarf adventure "Slayground" and was a love intrest during the campaign with my character. The Pride had about 20 characters to fight the Coil.