Fighting Game Hero

Enforcer84

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fighting Game Hero

Yup ... and they should do Capcom vs. Hero ;)

You realise that the core rules are going to be in D20-ism (aka the core Dungions N Dragons rules, hevenly modified)? Othoe thay have stated that in the future, thay might put out other versions (like one in Hero-ism, or Guardians Of Order's D6-ism).

So "Capcom VS Hero" might just be a posability...

You realise that the core rules are going to be in D20-ism (aka the core Dungions N Dragons rules, hevenly modified)? Othoe thay have stated that in the future, thay might put out other versions (like one in Hero-ism, or Guardians Of Order's D6-ism).

Yup ... I know ;) I post occasionally on those boards as well :D

I would be beyond stoked if they could get permission to do the King of Fighters Characters. I love KOF if only for the fact that aside from the "Dream" Matches, they maintain a storyline much stronger than Capcom does. (My Opinion, of course)

Guest Skaramine

Silver Age Sentinels and Mutants and Masterminds have proven that D20 CAN be excellent. I don't mind. :D

I would be beyond stoked if they could get permission to do the King of Fighters Characters. I love KOF if only for the fact that aside from the "Dream" Matches' date=' they maintain a storyline much stronger than Capcom does. (My Opinion, of course)[/quote']

That is one thing SNK (and now PLAYMORE) does better than Capcom...that thay give there fighting game charaters deep backgrounds, and Full Names (no Ryu something, or Chu-Li something, or something Guile something, but Terry Boagard, Ryo Sakazakie, Duck King, and Billy Kain/Cain). There is something magical in knowing something as simple as knowing the full name of the people your beating up.

Exactly, it's bit them on the bum a bit when they used to give the true birthdays of the characters (by thier original statements Terry Bogard is now pushing 40 and Highschool Idol star Athena is 25....they fell back on those a bit, but yeah, I love the Likes, dislikes, favorite sports and continuing storylines. They have lacked the "great villains" that capcom sports. Akuma, Sagat, Bison, ...Gill? It seems that the big villains for SNK/Playmore all die at the end. Though this new guy, Ash Crimson seems to have potential.

Rei

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

27 DEX 51 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

20 CON 20 13-

12 BODY 4 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 14-

23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

16 COM 3 12-

18 PD 10 Total: 18 PD (10 rPD)

18 ED 11 Total: 18 ED (8 rED)

6 SPD 23 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 2

40 END 0

40 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 185

Movement:

Running: 9"/18"

Leaping: 11"/21"/22"/32"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 10"/2560"

Cost Powers END

64 Arsenal of Attacks: Multipower, 80-point reserve, (80 Active Points); all slots Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4)

4u 1) Cyclone Kick: Hand-to-Hand Attack +7d6, Area Effect: Radius (+1) (70 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4) 7

5u 2) Demon Gete : Teleportation 10", Improved Noncombat Movement (x256), x2 Increased Mass (60 Active Points); Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4) 6

5u 3) Hadou-Ken (Wave Motion Blast): Energy Blast 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Reduced by Range (-1/4), Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4) 3

2u 4) Shoryuken (Rising Dragon Fist): (Total: 50 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Superleap +10" (11"/21" forward, 5 1/2"/10 1/2" upward) (10 Active Points); No Noncombat Movement (-1/4), Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) plus Hand-to-Hand Attack +8d6 (40 Active Points); Linked to Superleap (-1/2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Incantation: Instant Power (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16) 5

43 Raging Demon Fireball: Energy Blast 10d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Extra Time: full phase (-1/2), Beam (-1/4) 7

58 Shun Goku Setsu (Instant Hell Murder): Hand-to-Hand Attack +7d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Autofire (10 shots; +1) (87 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 9

Ki Abilities

5 1) Ki Armor: Lack of Weakness (-5)

22 2) Ki Defenses: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +1 OCV with Deflection

5 3) Ki Defenses: Power Defense (5 points)

30 4) Ki Harmony: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

12 5) Ki Toughness: Damage Resistance (7 PD/5 ED), Invisible: To All Senses (+1) (12 Active Points)

Rage Meter

20 1) Rage Filler: Absorption 2d6 (energy, Energy/Physical), Varying Effect (+1) (20 Active Points)

3 2) Rage Meter: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 0 REC) Reserve: (5 Active Points); Begins Combat at Zero (-1/2); REC: , Filled by Rage Filler (+0); Personal REC (-1/2)

Training and Athleticism

6 1) Acute Senses: +2 PER with All Sense Groups

2 2) Bull Stance: Knockback Resistance -1"

6 3) Driven: Mental Defense (11 points total)

6 4) Supremely Athletic: Superleap +6" (11"/21" forward, 5 1/2"/10 1/2" upward) 1

6 5) Very Athletic: Running +3" (9" total) 1

Shotokan Karate

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

3 Backroll Throw +2 +1 9d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 55 STR to Disarm roll

5 Kick -2 +1 13d6 Strike

3 Legsweep +2 -1 10d6 Strike, Target Falls

5 Power Uppercut -2 +1 13d6 Strike

4 Punch +0 +2 11d6 Strike

3 Shoulder Throw +0 +1 9d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Perks

2 Contact: Shin Akuma 11-

9 Shadow Law: Contact (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 11-

8 The Fist of Darkness (Assassin): Reputation (A medium-sized group) ; 14-, +4/+4d6

Talents

6 Ignore Damage: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

18 Prey's Senses: Danger Sense (self only, Out of Combat, Intuitional) 17-/15-

3 Gunslinger Mentality: Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with Hadou-Ken

Skills

4 +2 with Fire Ball

10 +2 with HTH Combat

6 +2 with Shotokan Karate

3 Acrobatics 14-

7 Analyze: Style 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Contortionist 14-

6 KS: Martial Arts Styles 15-

5 KS: Shotokan Karate 14-

3 KS: Street Figter Circuit 12-

3 KS: The Martial World 12-

5 Language: English (Idiomatic, native accent) (4 Active Points)

0 Language: Japanese (Idiomatic, native accent; Native Language)

3 Paramedic 12-

5 Professional Skill: Street Fighter 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: Japan (3 Active Points) 12-

1 2) CK: Hong Kong (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) CK: San Fransisco (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) CK: Tokyo (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 480

Total Cost: 665

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Shotokan Style: Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

20 Hunted: Shadow Law 8- (Occasionally) (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Interpol 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Lives for The Fight (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant and Violent Common, Strong

20 Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer Common, Total

10 Psychological Limitation: Lusts After Chun Li (Uncommon, Strong)

15 Reputation: Powerful Streetfighter: , Almost Always (14-)

10 Rivalry: Professional (Ryu; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Light or "Holy" Based Attacks (Uncommon)

5 Watched: Other World Warriors of Note: 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Watching

315 Experience Points

(1 points unspent)

Total Disadvantage Points: 665

Background/History: Rei Mitsuro was a good fighter. He'd studied Karate with his older brother Toru. Toru was a rising superstar. Rei was good but not as good. He and his brother sparred constantly; Toru more often than not finding a way to defeat his fiery and talented younger brother. Toru idolized Ryu, the young fighter who had defeated the feared Sagat. He trained and fought, he studied and exercised. Rei enjoyed fighting, but training and studying were not his cup of tea. He only did it to defeat Toru. Though they had been very close as children, Rei had grown jealous of Toru's success and praise. He became obsessed with beating his older brother. Some time before his twentieth birthday, Rei encountered Akuma. The feared master of Karate, and slayer of his own master and brother. Akuma was becoming known the world over. A legend, a ghost few saw and fewer lived to tell the tale. Rei wanted that stature. He begged Akuma to train him. Akuma was, at the time, looking to mold a student as his brother had. He took the boy in and began to teach him the murder techniques. Rei's first order of business was to emulate his master and defeat his sibling.

Having slain Toru in combat, Rei now seeks to destroy this Ryu that his master is obsessed about.

Rei is Akuma's first student and primary operative. He is a fiery, evil, young man who Akuma feels might someday destroy Ryu. Having been trained only for a short time but augmented with demonic ability, Rei is powerful but not quite as skilled as his rival. He enjoys inflicting pain on others and is generally not a nice person.

Personality/Motivation: Rei is a bitter and resentful young man. He has always come in second, first to his brother, then to a fighter he's never met. Rei is actually more like Ken than his unknown tormentor. He's flashy, self-assured, and creative. Akuma has great expectations of him but is not happy with his methods. Sadistic, arrogant, vengeful, cruel. His motivations are money, and power. He wants to crush Ryu and all that he holds dear. To prove that Akuma had chosen the right student.

Quote: "Ha ahahaahaha! C'mon Ryu! This ...Sakura...was no challenge, where are you hiding?! Do you want all of your friends to die?"

Powers/Tactics: Studying the killing arts of Shotokan, Rei also had his soul bonded to a demon in order to improve his physical abilities and defenses.

Campaign Use: A wannabe Evil Ryu. Rei is not the fighter he thinks he is but his is not to be underestimated. Given his power and unpredictable nature he can be a tough fight even for someone with more experience.

Appearance: Rei has blood red hair and wears a black headband. He wears a black Gi with the symbol for Death in red on the back, like his "predecessor", he has torn the sleeves off, he wears black gloves and keeps his feet bare. His skin is very tan and has a slightly red hue due to his bonding with a demonig being. He has wild eyes and an evil permagrin. He can be quiet and calm most of the time but after a victory or an assassination, he tends to slip into a maniacal laughing and ranting fit.

The picture is Evil Ryu from Capcom. Not entirely correct but since ER was the inspiration for Rei, I'll let it slide.

Exactly' date=' it's bit them on the bum a bit when they used to give the true birthdays of the characters (by thier original statements Terry Bogard is now pushing 40 and Highschool Idol star Athena is 25....they fell back on those a bit, but yeah, I love the Likes, dislikes, favorite sports and continuing storylines. They have lacked the "great villains" that capcom sports. Akuma, Sagat, Bison, ...Gill? It seems that the big villains for SNK/Playmore all die at the end. Though this new guy, Ash Crimson seems to have potential.[/quote']

Tekken is unashamed of the aging of its main characters.

Heihachi Mishima's... what? 75? And proud of it.

:sneaky:

Tekken is unashamed of the aging of its main characters.

Heihachi Mishima's... what? 75? And proud of it.

Humm...in Tenken 5, isen't he dead?

Then again, being dead hasen't stoped certan martial artest charaters from returning in other video games (I'm speaking about you, Geese Howard. amoung others).

Humm...in Tenken 5, isen't he dead?

Then again, being dead hasen't stoped certan martial artest charaters from returning in other video games (I'm speaking about you, Geese Howard. amoung others).

I haven't played 5 yet. I'll know soon enough.

okay, here's some fun. Who is your favorite fighting game character?

How would you fit them into the modern world? (if they are not)

Eveyone who knows me should know my answer by now. Karin,

How I would fit her in depends on if the game world is based on Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter 3, or something else. If based on the Alpha series, I woulden't change a thing. If it is based on Street Fighter 3, I would make her older (prehaps a Colage student, which would mean that she would be considered to old for her sausage curl hair style, so I would change it to a tight bun). I would also expect her to have some real athority with her fathers comapnis. Which proably deserves a larger perk to repersent that fact.

As for her fitting into the Champions universe, she can fit in her Street Fighter Alpha persona as is. She should give some low lever paranormal a surprise the first time thay atempt to kidnap her. ("What...she can defend herself? How can this be? She's only human!")

Of course, in the Champions universe, she can have even MORE resorses avalable to her (plus that lazer satalight in her Alpha 3 ending no longer is a streach of the imagination).

Favorite? Felicia, by far.

She's actually pretty easy to fit into a "modern" genre, former celebrity-turned-sister (nun)-running-an-orphanage isn't that outlandish compared to what goes on in Hollywood anyways.

Ryu ... He's already in the modern world as the wandering master/fighter :) Thought that the SF:Alpha did some awesome stuff with him.

Blanka ... I'll echo Skaramine's thoughts here.

Sakura ... Always liked the underdog ... plus she has some awesome maneuvers and a fun backstory :)

Raiden ... One of the best MK characters :)

Alice (The Bunny) ... Has some awesome moves in Bloody Roar and, IMHO, is the best character in the whole game

okay' date=' here's some fun. Who is your favorite fighting game character?[/quote']

Hmm... going purely from a character design standpoint (I never play fighting games....). I like .... uhm....

Baiken or Jam Cloudberry from GGX.