Fighting Game Hero

Enforcer84

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fighting Game Hero

Well' date=' do they have different special attacks when in their Hybrid Forms? I can't remember. I tended to buttonmash with the game and never picked up the intricies.[/quote']

They have more powerful effects and some creature specific attacks, so I'd say yes ...

Of all the boards for me to forget to check out(too much time in the NGD LOL)...so I'll be giving my take on a few of the recent topics here...

I like the student of Akuma, Enforcer...cool stuff.

For the birthdates of the characters, I like to use them. When I created Street Fighter 4 I used them as a bit of a benchmark for aging the characters and establishing the setting. I actually also re-worked my own game ideas with these in mind. The years the games came out, at least with SF, did establish ages and a game continuity. These have been thrown out the window by Udon, but I like to think of their continuity as their own thing(Lee only existing as an afterthought, Geki seen only as a corpse). Street Fighter came out in '87, SF2 in '91. I put the Alpha series in between, like one game per year, starting of course with '88 for the first Alpha. That makes Sakura 15 in '89, so she's about 30-31 now. This would also mean Rival Schools took place around the same time, and the fashions actually work. Considering this, I was thinking about running a SF game that takes place now where Sakura is following Ryu's path even more so...maybe Karin could be made a new boss character.

Okay...fave game character...OMG that's hard. I could only do that on a game-by-game basis, as it always changes that way. It would also require a separate post!

As for Bloody Roar...hmm...when the Zoanthropes transform, they often gain strength, speed, agility, et cetera in addition to new maneuvers...so I'd probably use a Multiform, otherwise you get a lot oh OIHIDs and linked "Aid"s.

Considering this, I was thinking about running a SF game that takes place now where Sakura is following Ryu's path even more so...maybe Karin could be made a new boss character.

I woulden't make Karin a "boss" charater. Instead, I would make her the reasion for the PCs to get together as a team. She should be the one (via her father's company) to fund the charaters on there touriment journy (thoes plain tickets are not cheep, World Wariors). Also, that gives them a reasion to do certan "jobs" for her ("Do this for me, or your walking to China.").

I know I statted out boss characters somewhere. In the original SF4 continuity, I had 4 "big bosses" akin to the original SF2, and each was a returning World Warrior from the SF2-3 era. As the "secret" super-boss I had amped up Ryu to be a sort-of anti-Akuma...a true master of Shotokan Karate. The thing was that the "uppercut twin" main characters were Mel (Ken and Eliza's son) and I think Naoko, who was the daughter of Ryu and Chun-Li(The game took place in the 2000-teens). Not sure if it'd fit in the new story I want to do though. Actually, I drew a pic of the adult Sakura yesterday and she came out pretty good.

Steriaca-I like that idea for Karin, though i think she'd be funding and may be like a penultimate boss or something. Up her skills and age her accordingly, and she's be a cool foil to a grown Sakura.

Steriaca-I like that idea for Karin' date=' though i think she'd be funding and may be like a penultimate boss or something. Up her skills and age her accordingly, and she's be a cool foil to a grown Sakura.[/quote']

Quite true. Especaly if you can make her father the one big boss. Basicly imagion all the grace of Karin, with added power in his strikes. Then give him some new attacks which are also graceful.

I do wish I could remember his name, thoe. Anyways, he has to be one of the villians. I mean, he pratacly abandoned his daughter in the middel of a forest and said to her "Survive or die".

Quite true. Especaly if you can make her father the one big boss. Basicly imagion all the grace of Karin, with added power in his strikes. Then give him some new attacks which are also graceful.

I do wish I could remember his name, thoe. Anyways, he has to be one of the villians. I mean, he pratacly abandoned his daughter in the middel of a forest and said to her "Survive or die".

Interesting...I didn't even know she had a background other than being Sakura's rich rival...

Shingo, alas, is a SNK character, and I only know limited info on some of the fighters, mostly the primaries from Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting. Found Rugal a bit over-the-top in power level...he just wasn't fun to fight. I hear Mr Karate(aka Go Hibiki LOL) is obscene as well, esp. in "serious" mode.

Shingo is a "Dan" style joke character. He tries to learn the Kusanagi Style from Kyo, but the latter has precious little time for him. He has similar moves but as he is not a Kusanagi he cannot summon flames. He was shown once summoning green flames and rumors persist that he was intended to turn evil.

After the last game KOF2003 (the first of a new story arch) Shingo has been offered training by Kyo Kusanagi's father.

Interesting...I didn't even know she had a background other than being Sakura's rich rival...

Well, that infomation was learned from the manga Street Fighter Zero Side Story: Sakura's Fast Stand. And since Capcom says that no manga is cannon...

By the way, what Karin experenced was a tradition in her famaly. All members who trained in her fighting style had to be brought in the middel of a wild forest, and then abandoned. If thay survived and made it out, thay are considered masters of the fighting style. Karin herself killed a bear in the forest during her stay.

Well' date=' that infomation was learned from the manga [i']Street Fighter Zero Side Story: Sakura's Fast Stand[/i]. And since Capcom says that no manga is cannon...

By the way, what Karin experenced was a tradition in her famaly. All members who trained in her fighting style had to be brought in the middel of a wild forest, and then abandoned. If thay survived and made it out, thay are considered masters of the fighting style. Karin herself killed a bear in the forest during her stay.

Impressive. Canon or not, a little insight into characters is something I've always liked.

And now, cause nobody wanted it, Video Games Style Martial Arts.

Video Game Style Martial Arts

Manuver Phs Pts OCV DCV Damage/Effect

Air Block 1/2 5 +0 +0 Block, Abort, FMove

Air Grab And Throw 1/2 3 -1 -1 STR+v/5 Strike, Target Falls, FMove

Beta Counter 1/2 4 +2 +2 STR+2d6 Strike, Must Follow Block/Turtling

Block 1/2 4 +2 +2 Block, Abort

Crush/Thrash 1/2 4 +0 +0 STR+4d6 Strike, Must Follow Grab

Dodge 1/2 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

Grab 1/2 3 -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR To Hold On

Hard Attack 1/2 5 -2 +1 STR+4d6 Strike

Jummping Attack 1/2 5 +1 +0 STR+v/5, Target Falls, FMove

Legsweep 1/2 3 +2 +1 STR+1d6 Strike, Target Falls

Light Attack 1/2 5 +1 +3 STR Strike

Medium Attack 1/2 3 +1 +0 STR+2d6 Strike

Sidestep 1/2 5 - +4 Dodge, Abort, FMove

Throw 1/2 3 +0 +1 STR+v/5, Target Falls

Turtling 1/2 3 +1 +3 Block, Abort, Must Follow Block

Skills:

*Breakfall

Acrobatics

Note: No Style Disavantages!

Video Game Style Martial Arts is a generic name for a martial art style based on fighting video games. There is no style disavantage, and no real knolage skill requiered.

Substyles:

Capcom-Fu:

Requiered Manuvers: Block, Grab, Hard Attack, Legsweep, Light Attack, Medium Attack, Throw.

Advance Manuvers: Air Block, Air Grab And Throw, Beta Counter, Crush/Thrash, Jummping Attack, Turtling.

SNK-Fu:

Requiered Manuvers: Block, Grab, Hard Attack, Legsweep, Light Attack, Throw.

Advance Manuvers: Air Grab And Throw, Crush/Thrash, Jummping Attack, Turtling.

Tencalaber:

Requiered Manuvers: Block, Grab, Hard Attack, Legsweep, Light Attack, Throw, Dodge, Sidestep.

Advance Manuvers: Crush/Thrash, Turtling.

Mortal-Fu:

Requiered Manuvers: Block, Grab, Hard Attack, Legsweep, Throw.

Advance Manuvers: Air Grab And Throw, Crush/Thrash, Jummping Attack, Turtling, Dodge, Sidestep.

And now' date=' cause nobody wanted it, [b']Video Games Style Martial Arts[/b].

That's cool. You have this in a txt or rtf file? I'd love to add it to the martial arts styles section of the website.

repped!

Thanks for the rep. I ment this martial art style for thoes who want to play living fighting video game charaters (as opose to "what if theas charaters are from the reeal world" charaters). Basicly I took all the basic rules I know from many difrent fighting games, and just cramed them into one martial art. In theory, you can simulate the base fighting style of any Street Fighter charater with theas manuvers and some powers.

Thanks for the rep. I ment this martial art style for thoes who want to play living fighting video game charaters (as opose to "what if theas charaters are from the reeal world" charaters). Basicly I took all the basic rules I know from many difrent fighting games' date=' and just cramed them into one martial art. In theory, you can simulate the base fighting style of any Street Fighter charater with theas manuvers and some powers.[/quote']

:yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just dinking around with character ideas...

Thanh Nguyen

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

17 EGO 14 12- ECV: 6

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

14 COM 2 12-

10 PD 6 Total: 10 PD (8 rPD)

8 ED 4 Total: 8 ED (0 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 0

40 END 0

40 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 134

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 6"/6"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

75 Ki Attacks: Multipower, 75-point reserve

3u 1) Ch'i Lightburst: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Explosion (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Requires A Martial Arts Tricks Roll (-1/2) 4

3u 2) Double Hand Strike: HA +6d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (52 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 10

4u 3) Lightning Aura: HKA 1d6+1, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (60 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2) 6

5u 4) Rain of Kicks: HA +6d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Autofire (10 shots; +1) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 7

2u 5) Shining Storm Kick (lightning): EB 6d6 (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Linked to STR (Assuming STR less than 30; -1/4) 3

67 Giga Thunder Wave: Energy Blast 10d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (200" Line; +1 1/2) (200 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) 20

7 Superior Balance: Flight 6" (12 Active Points); Only along reasonably horizontal surfaces (-1/2), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) 1

2 Iron Shirt Technique: Damage Resistance (8 PD) (4 Active Points); Does not work against firearms (-1/2), Location 4 [Ears] left undefended (-1/4)

Rage Meter

15 1) Power-Up: Aid Endurance Reserve 3d6 (30 Active Points); Only Restores to Starting Values (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

3 2) Rage Meter II: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 0 REC) Reserve: (5 Active Points); Dissipates at 1 END per turn when not in combat (-1/2)

17 3) Rage Meter: Absorption 6d6 (physical, Endurance Reserve) (30 Active Points); Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2), Only works vs Hand to Hand combat attacks (-1/4)

Tae Kwon Do

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

12 +3 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Arm Sweep Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 Crescent Kick Block +1 +3 Block, Abort

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 45 STR to Disarm roll

5 Flying Side Kick +1 -2 11d6 Strike

4 Front Kick +0 +2 9d6 Strike

4 Knifehand Spearhand -2 +0 HKA 2d6 +1

4 Punch/Elbow Strike +2 +0 9d6 Strike

5 Side or Roundhouse Kick -2 +1 11d6 Strike

3 Takedown +1 +1 7d6 Strike; Target Falls

1 Weapon Element: Blades

1 Weapon Element: Clubs

1 Weapon Element: Karate Weapons

1 Weapon Element: Staffs

Perks

1 Reputation: Rerspected Fighter (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6

10 Warehouse Arena

Talents

3 Clockwatcher: Absolute Time Sense

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

2 AK: Pacific Northwest 11-

3 Acrobatics 13-

1 Acting 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 CK: Seattle 12-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

2 KS: Tae Kwon Do 11-

2 KS: The Martial Arts World 11-

5 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 Language: Korean (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

3 Lockpicking 13-

3 Mechanics 12-

2 PS: Clockmaker 11-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Power: Ki Mastery 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

2 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 326

Total Cost: 460

200+ Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Meek of the Week (Someone that Thanh thinks needs his protection) 8- (Normal)

10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

15 Enraged: Innocents threatened/harmed in his presence (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Janus Arkwright (Major Villain) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

5 Hunted: Rival Fighters 11- (As Pow, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Disdain for bullies and "Punks" (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Flustered by pretty women (Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable; will not attack a helpless opponent. Keeps his word (Common, Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: Waiting to be "Discovered" (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: White Knight syndrome (Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Easily goaded "Champion" of the weak, 8-

5 Rivalry: Professional (Patrick Duncan (Another Fighter), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

10 Unluck: 2d6

110 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 460

Background/History: Fighter from Seattle

Personality/Motivation: Thanh has an inability to mind his own business. He realizes that he is a powerful fighter and feels it's his responsibility to protect those who can't protect themselves. He has a strong code of honor but can easily get his dander up at the abuse of innocents.

He enjoys his skills and privately wishes some hollywood producer would notice him and offer him a life in the movies. He's never told any but his closest friends about this dream however.

Quote: "Like Clockwork."

Powers/Tactics: A master of Tae Kwon Do and a physically impressive fighter. Thanh is known in some circles as the "Rain Dragon" his ki powers most often take a 'Thunder and Lightning' aspect. Loud crashing blows and lightning energy auras.

Campaign Use: Sample character for a FGU

Appearance: Above average height with a thick athletic build. He wears his hair short and is impeccably groomed most of the time. He favors modern western fashions. When in scheduled bouts, he wears the traditional 'Gi', sleevless and with the jacket opened to show off his impressive build. His Gi is dark blue at the top fading to white at the bottom of the jacket, the pants fade in from white at the belt to dark blue at his feet.

I'm probably the only guy out there that liked Dhalsim, huh? I mean, come on... how can you lose when the other guy can't even get across the screen to hit you?

I've been using the SF characters (don't really know SNK) as heroes and villains in my campaigns since forever; stick with what you know, right? Never actually considered a straight out Fighting Characters campaign... that actually sounds pretty cool.

I'm probably the only guy out there that liked Dhalsim, huh? I mean, come on... how can you lose when the other guy can't even get across the screen to hit you?

I've been using the SF characters (don't really know SNK) as heroes and villains in my campaigns since forever; stick with what you know, right? Never actually considered a straight out Fighting Characters campaign... that actually sounds pretty cool.

You could hit Dhalsim's extremeties and his air hang time was a bit much. His 'fireball' throwing speed was slower than most so you could just wear him down with a constant barage of them. The classic 'fireball trap' worked well on him.

The beauty of the street fighter series of fighting games was in its addition of a ranged attack. You didn't have to get in dhalsim's face to do damage to him. ;)

• 2 years later...