Fighting Game Hero

Enforcer84

Re: Fighting Game Hero

Enforcer -- someone emailed about when I'd get your fighting game characters up on my website. I'll try and get to it soon... but I'm busy with a lot of website stuff... *sigh* I need another me.

I hear there's a you over in the Hero Boards fighting 12 of the biggest superheroes out there. Ask him for help :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm considering running a PBEM game of this nature for a small group (I know combat-heavy games don't run to PBEM's strong suit but I can keep things moving and make the pretty, pretty Campaign Cartographer 3 maps to keep it visually interesting) and I was wondering, basically for, advice on how this kind of campaign works over the medium and long term.

So for those of you with experience in this kind of thing, how does it play with Hero? Can you sustain interest among players with a game based closely around the tropes of the video game (lots of single matches using nifty powers in funky arenas) or does it tend to become more of a standard RPG group adventure sort of thing? And does this sort of combat play well with Hero or would I be better off looking for another system?

I'm considering running a PBEM game of this nature for a small group (I know combat-heavy games don't run to PBEM's strong suit but I can keep things moving and make the pretty, pretty Campaign Cartographer 3 maps to keep it visually interesting) and I was wondering, basically for, advice on how this kind of campaign works over the medium and long term.

So for those of you with experience in this kind of thing, how does it play with Hero? Can you sustain interest among players with a game based closely around the tropes of the video game (lots of single matches using nifty powers in funky arenas) or does it tend to become more of a standard RPG group adventure sort of thing? And does this sort of combat play well with Hero or would I be better off looking for another system?

Well, Hero has plenty of tactical options, so combats can be very different each time. I can't say I've run or played in a tournament style game like this, though, so I have no further advice, except to get the Ultimate Martial Artist and Ninja Hero if you're going to run it in the Hero System.

• 1 month later...

And now' date=' cause nobody wanted it, [b']Video Games Style Martial Arts[/b].

--snippage occurs--

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I've converted this to a PDF, printed it out, and stuck it in my copy of UMA at the beginning of the Fictional Martial Arts chapter. Although I'm too lazy to try and figure out how to get Hero Designer to spit out a file with only the martial art in it, I'm posting a copy of the PDF if anyone wants it.

Presuming, of course, that steriaca doesn't object.