What should every DC supervillain have?

Supreme Serpent

Inspired by some comments on the "Go Home Superman" thread.

OK, I know some things have been retconned away, but if you were a supervillain in the DC universe, what should you really have on hand to deal with the various known weaknesses of the various heroes?

Things like:

Kyrptonite to deal with Superman/girl

Yellow suit so don't get bonked by Green Lantern (Jordan).

Wooden baseball bat to bonk Green Lantern (Scott) with.

Flamethrower for when Martian Manhunter comes around.

etc.

Re: What should every DC supervillain have?

Telepathy (To know about weaknesses), an attack power with variable effect advantage (to take advantage of said weaknesses), and some Desolidification (so you can get past about 2/3 of DC's supers, all of them flying brick types).

Then you try to find the link between these powers, as most players do. Here; some magician. Why not.

Only appear in titles written by writers who hate the heroes. That way, no matter how pathetic your power set or moronic your strategy, you'll win.

Sorry, I guess that's more Marvel Villains.

How about, "Be a hot chick in a revealing outfit". That way, you'll never be seriously hurt and will always get brought back. Caveat: Only works for villains. If you're a hot heroine in a revealing outfit, expect to get locked in refrigerators a lot.

A full Green Martian should be able to toast pretty much any hero in DC; Invisible Desolidified Telepathic Brick FTW. Of course, they usually get hit with a writer's nerf.

How about' date=' "Be a hot chick in a revealing outfit". That way, you'll never be seriously hurt and will always get brought back. Caveat: Only works for villains. If you're a hot heroine in a revealing outfit, expect to get locked in refrigerators a lot.[/quote']

How Cynical. And true. And repped.

A full Green Martian should be able to toast pretty much any hero in DC; Invisible Desolidified Telepathic Brick FTW. Of course, they usually get hit with a writer's nerf.

Yes, it is good (and convenient) to have all the powers on the simple basis that you come from another planet -Mars, of course, the one with all the monsters, according to Homer Jay.

Being green also helps a lot. Green is damn important in DC.

:saturn:

IIRC, White Martians are more powerful/capable, as they are (culturally) more aggressive.

IIRC' date=' White Martians are more powerful/capable, as they are (culturally) more aggressive.[/quote']

Perhaps, but they should look like Green Martians, just to keep J'onn J'onzz off their back.

In fact, the ultimate DC supervillain should look something like this.

So.. a White Martian turned green by kryptonite exposure.. kryptonite exposure which boosted her powers, but left her unable to keep clothes from rapidly deteriorating bit by bit over the course of a few hours?

A radioactive White Martian with disappearing clothes who Batman owes his life to so won't interfere with, as she's "harmless and wholesome, deep down in her heart of gold?"

Perhaps' date=' but they should [i']look[/i] like Green Martians, just to keep J'onn J'onzz off their back.

In fact, the ultimate DC supervillain should look something like this.

I liked her when I first heard the idea; then I read the titans issue she spends in bondage while being taunted by her future mistress. That killed my interest in the character.

Batman Proof Detection System.

That's all you really need. If he can't find you, the others can't either.

No such thing. The Bat -always- has a plan and will -always- find you! :D

"You" being the villain, of course....

A solid full-proof escape plan.

A weapon of mass destruction (if only to use as a distraction while you execute your escape plan)

merchandising so the writers won't kill you and loose all that money

I liked her when I first heard the idea; then I read the titans issue she spends in bondage while being taunted by her future mistress. That killed my interest in the character.

An interesting concept wrecked by poor writing? How unusual...

Actually, I think Sinestro's on the right track...

Just form a group out of as many galactic or universal scourges as possible... What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

Hmm... Of course, Lex Luthor is the natural leader of such a group. It helps if it has a headquarters in a swamp that looks like Darth Vader's helmet...

Come to think of it, a group like that would never be captured, even if it's plots are thwarted.

All they would have to do is to learn to not spend their entire budget on insane Master Plans, and they'd be set for life.

Actually, I think Sinestro's on the right track...

Just form a group out of as many galactic or universal scourges as possible... What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

The thing that really gets me about that grouping is that Sinestro himself becomes very expendable very quickly.