Guess the inspiration behind this superteam!

Doc Samson

This is a just for fun thread. I think it's fun to see how almost anything can be used to inspire a character.

The Venturers

Slipstream (Energy Projector/ Speedster) An attractive adventurous woman who discovers a pair of frictionless boots that allow her to run at incredible speeds. She is able to create small tornados by running in a tight circle or spinning.

Mettle (Brick/ Powered Armor) An intense scientist bent on discovering the secret of immortality. As he aged he replaced parts of his body with technology until there was nothing left but metal. His artificial body makes him incredibly strong and resilient.

King (Martial Artist/ Metamorph) A brave explorer who gains the ability to transform into a were-lion during his stay in a hidden city deep within Africa. He possesses tremendous strength, speed, and razor sharp claws.

Night Terror (Mentalist/ Weaponmaster) A disturbed little boy who never sleeps. He is able to make people experience their worst fears and materialize his own darkest fear into a weapon of pure darkness.

White Witch (Gadgeteer/ Mystic) A mysterious woman who possesses magical artifacts of great power. Using her Golden Circlet, she is able to summon small winged demons to do her bidding.

So, where do you think I got this idea? Feel free to post challenges of your own.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Guess the inspiration behind this superteam!

Cool. :cool:

Here's one that I've posted in the past: The Ravagers, a team of mercenary supervillains from Latin America who work for various organized crime groups, revolutionaries and corrupt politicians from the region.

The Cartel Commando, a trained soldier with enhanced physical abilities gained from a refined derivative of cocaine;

Thunder, avatar of the Inca storm god of the same name;

The Golden Man, powered-armor wearer;

Andes, brick with growth and density powers;

Killer Bee, with shrinking and insect-based powers;

Bruja, mistress of elemental magiks;

Atlatl, highly skilled with that traditional Aztec dart-thrower, using gimmicked projectiles.

The infamous band of anti-heroes (literary term), The Flyers. Known, among other things, for "code names" that have nothing to do with their powers:

Slippery: Song/voice powers. Has gone one-to-one with Howler and made her look like a joke.

Singer: The brain of the group. Gadgeteer and propagandist.

Enormous: Speedster, better known for his dexterity and accuracy than his speed (which is not quite up to the level of most speedster supers, but is fast enough). He's of average size dispite the name.

Dwarf: Ordinary sized and completely human. Emotion controller. Romantic and a bit of a lady's man.

Hopper: One of two bricks in the group. The stand-and-take it one that sets up for the other brick. Can't jump any more than an elephant can. Has a bit of a split-personality problem

Pretty Boy: Ugly as a box of rocks, which he resembles. A bit faster than Hopper, he's usually hammer to anvil.

As well as the name, everyone remembers their vehicle. ;)

25kivd2.gif

This is a just for fun thread. I think it's fun to see how almost anything can be used to inspire a character.

So, where do you think I got this idea? Feel free to post challenges of your own.

And her little dog too!

• 2 years later...

:ugly: Thread necromancy powers activate! :idjit:

If my group ever meets again, this will be a villain team that they may face.

Rhino - standard Brick

Tiger - running based Speedster

Bombardier - chemical based Energy Projector

Firefly - light generation based utility powers

Deathwatch - precognitive Mentalist

Guess the theme!

I have hints if anyone is actually interested but can't guess it.

:ugly: Thread necromancy powers activate! :idjit:

If my group ever meets again, this will be a villain team that they may face.

Guess the theme!

I have hints if anyone is actually interested but can't guess it.

Hint please.

Hint please.

I was just going to throw out a hint...

Beetles?

But alas this is the correct answer.

A group of tomb robbers uncover the crypt of a long forgotten Egyptian pharaoh. Using the five mystics beetle artifacts they discovered, they have the ability to transform themselves into super beings. Can the heroes defeat these four-armed villains and recover the artifacts? I doubt it but my players will have fun trying. :celebrate

Here's Mine:

The Invincible Five

Lariat: This man possesses telekinetic control over rope. He is a merciless assassin who enjoys watching his victims die by hanging.

The Cuckoo: The ultimate mimic, the Cuckoo steals the powers of others while gaining them for her own.

The Muscleman: One of the world's strongest men, he loves to lift, throw and crush things.

Tornado: A deadly weather controller with the power of wind, Tornado can barely be touched as his namesake swirls around him.

The Mindbaby: The team's leader, an ominous eight month old talking mentalist in a small, flying chair. Ba-ba be darned!

Night Terror (Mentalist/ Weaponmaster) A disturbed little boy who never sleeps. He is able to make people experience their worst fears and materialize his own darkest fear into a weapon of pure darkness.

I was going to say this part didn't make sense....then I saw the connection.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Man

Here's Mine:

The Invincible Five

Lariat: This man possesses telekinetic control over rope. He is a merciless assassin who enjoys watching his victims die by hanging.

The Cuckoo: The ultimate mimic, the Cuckoo steals the powers of others while gaining them for her own.

The Muscleman: One of the world's strongest men, he loves to lift, throw and crush things.

Tornado: A deadly weather controller with the power of wind, Tornado can barely be touched as his namesake swirls around him.

The Mindbaby: The team's leader, an ominous eight month old talking mentalist in a small, flying chair. Ba-ba be darned!

I'm going out on a limb

The Uncanny X Men

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary goes out on four limbs

Here's Mine:

The Invincible Five

Mighty Heroes?

I'll try this game.

Hokusai, Musashi, Hiroshige, and Sotatsu were misfits among Kappa. In all the ponds and rivers of Japan there were no four Kappa less magically adept, less interested in playing cruel and wicked tricks, or more lacking in the traditional Kappa grace and courtesy. Like all Kappa though they did love cucumbers.

Curiosity they had in abundance, and they were drawn to the strange folk called Americans, especially the warriors. Their garb tickled their fancy because it was a mottled green just like a Kappa's own shell and hide.

One day they were careless and were spotted by an old soldier who had retired. He won their trust by offering them pickles, and they were soon living in the fishpond in his garden. They used their knowledge and skill - for even the least Kappa-like of Kappas has some skill at healing - to ease the pains and incapacities of age, and in return he taught them much. He had been special forces, and such soldiers don't grow old unless they are very good indeed...

Now the four are masters of American commando style fighting, along with techniques of stealthy infiltration, escape and evasion, survival and navigation. Special helmets that look like GI issue but have a watertight fit protect their heads and obviate the Kappa's greatest weakness, for if the fluid filling the shallow depression in their skulls spills, they are helpless. "For honor and pickles!" is their battle cry, as they fight against petty criminals, Yakuza gangsters, and bizzarre villains, as

The Young Kappa Commandoes!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's obvious.

I'll try this game.

Hokusai, Musashi, Hiroshige, and Sotatsu were misfits among Kappa. In all the ponds and rivers of Japan there were no four Kappa less magically adept, less interested in playing cruel and wicked tricks, or more lacking in the traditional Kappa grace and courtesy. Like all Kappa though they did love cucumbers.

Curiosity they had in abundance, and they were drawn to the strange folk called Americans, especially the warriors. Their garb tickled their fancy because it was a mottled green just like a Kappa's own shell and hide.

One day they were careless and were spotted by an old soldier who had retired. He won their trust by offering them pickles, and they were soon living in the fishpond in his garden. They used their knowledge and skill - for even the least Kappa-like of Kappas has some skill at healing - to ease the pains and incapacities of age, and in return he taught them much. He had been special forces, and such soldiers don't grow old unless they are very good indeed...

Now the four are masters of American commando style fighting, along with techniques of stealthy infiltration, escape and evasion, survival and navigation. Special helmets that look like GI issue but have a watertight fit protect their heads and obviate the Kappa's greatest weakness, for if the fluid filling the shallow depression in their skulls spills, they are helpless. "For honor and pickles!" is their battle cry, as they fight against petty criminals, Yakuza gangsters, and bizzarre villains, as

The Young Kappa Commandoes!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's obvious.

can anyone rep lucius for me ?thanks

Here's mine:

Captain Shanty: Obese brick.

Redball: Speedster, slightly accident-prone.

Professor Makeshift: Gadgeteer who can build anything out of anything.

Mister Midas: Insanely wealthy battlesuit type.

Lovebird: Mister Midas' partner in both life (as his wife) and battlesuit wearing.

Farmgirl: A female brick.

Starlet: Female light-based energy projector.