[Log] Chester School For Teens

Super Squirrel

E101: School Begins - Episode Aired July 22, 2007

Date: September 13, 2006

For Genevieve, Brad, and Yuki, the first day at their new private school was more than ordinary. The Chester School For Teens was, after all, more than an ordinary Magnet School. Designed to accelerate teenagers with a passion for Art, English, or Science, the school also had a special Metahumans program. And the three Sophomores were part of a group of 15 in the pilot program.

Orientation was expectedly boring. After orientation, Genevieve, or as she prefers to be call, V, left for her room with her roommate Yuki. Both had received a special card in their welcome kit with the simply instruction to press to their closet mirror when alone. Yuki decided to wait until V had left for lunch. When she pressed the mirror to the closet, instructions appeared on the mirror itself. After following the instructions to record a biometric imprint, she learns that she is to enter the elevator chamber of her closet or one of many public access points for her Metahuman 101 class tomorrow at noon.

Meanwhile, Brad discovers that his roommate has still not arrived. He follows the instructions of his card and plays around with the computer system located in the back section of his secure closet. He learns about the regulations for Metahumans in sports and then heads out for lunch where he meets John Robinson and Chuck Berry who are looking forward to joining the school Football team.

Yuki meets up with V for lunch at the cafeteria. They run into Erin, an old friend of V, and her roommate, Samantha. Shortly after lunch begins, another friend of V arrives, Ryan. Yuki notices that V withdraws at the discovery that Ryan also is attending the Chester School.

After lunch, Yuki and Brad both decide to go to the Gym and work out. Brad finds the weight room inadequate for his Superhuman strength. Yuki uses the punching bags and gets some practice on her Martial Arts. At dinner, Yuki and V find Erin and Samantha with a much larger group. They strike up a conversation with a quiet girl named Kendra Lyons and head back to bed. Brad, meanwhile heads out to a party off campus. He drinks very little but remains until the party ends around 1:30 A.M.

The following morning, classes begin. 25 minutes before noon, Yuki enters her closet, changes, and goes to class early. She finds that a young girl who looks dressed like an owl and a warrior almost like they are from the set of 300 are already in class. Not long after others arrive and the class begins.

The four instructors for the Metahuman program introduce themselves. The Founder Hans Chester who in his professional days went under the name Zurich, welcomes the class. Omnipresent introduces himself as the Metahuman physician and Metahuman Biology instructor. He tells the class that as he is required to know their secret IDs, he is going to share his. He reveals himself as Peter Smith. Broadcast introduces himself next and will be teaching several classes. Techbolt introduces himself and explains that he is in charge of the Metahuman Gym class as well as Metahuman Shop Class.

The students go around introducing themselves next. In a very different order from the game session itself:

Calculator: Power Armor Supergenius

Candle: Fire Powers

Athenian: Claims to be from Ancient Athens, bestowed power from Ares, and the cousin of The Greek.

Cloak: Darkness/Light Field Manipulator

Noir: Metahuman Descendant going back to Victorian Era France

The Great Booger: Stretching Brick with an Oozing Body. He tried to get himself named the Great Ooze but the class rejected the name.

Nymph: A very boastful female who reports the ability to manipulate chemical levels. She gets a snort from both V and Yuki.

Projector: An illusionist.

Chimera: Has the body of a winged serpent, the tail of a scorpion, and other animalistic features.

Warp Field: Metahuman with the power to manipulate physics.

Owlet: A timid girl who builds her own gadgets and has super senses.

The Player Characters:

Singirl: V's metahuman ID is a succubus. She says little more about her power. She gets a snort from Nymph.

Crouching Kitten: Trying to get the name Crouching Tiger, Yuki introduces herself to the group. She is a martial artist with animal shape shifting powers.

Brick: Get chuckles about his name, Brad introduces his character and his superstrength abilities.

Zurich, explains that one student was delayed and will be joining the class hopefully later that day. They cover some of the rules of the metahumans for schools and the duties they will be performing. All metahumans will be doing patrols and help with various rescue missions. However, one core team of three metahumans will be formed and they will deal with dispatches to more serious situations. It won't just be those three as there will be a general rotation of of students so that there will typically be 4 or 5 supers present.

No sooner is this explained than the emergency incident alarm goes off. There are two buildings half destroyed and on fire. The entire class dispatches on an old Champions vehicle to help rescue survivors and put out the fire. Brick goes into the smaller, less damaged building and climbs up the fourth floor where the stairwell is blocked by rubble and the elevator is broken from a snapped gear. He has as many people as he can climb into the elevator and he lowers it down by his hand. After the first load, he climbs up a floor and gets the rest of the people he can find. After finishing up the fifth floor, he climbs up to the top floor and finds a trapped couple. The elevator shaft is now on fire, so he takes them to the roof of the building and jumps down to a lower neighboring building.

While this is going on Crouching Kitten sprouts her wings and begins rescuing people from the top floor with Owlet and Singirl. After the top floor is finished, the move down one floor and repeat. When they get to the sixth floor, the damage is too severe to the structure to find many survivors. Singirl finds a scared child and Couching Kitten goes down deeper and finds that the source of the accident is a meteor of some kind. She discovers a survivor with a strange stone in his chest. She rescues him and takes him outside. Singirl, having now moved down examines the meteor. She is about to grab it and take it out when Calculator stops her. He says the meteor gives off some sort of radiation. She instead grabs another survivor with a stone that is in her chest. Calculator grabs a third victim with a much larger stone embedded into him.

By now the Press hs arrived. Despite being told not to talk to the press, Brick does a very brief interview. He answers three questions before Singirl takes the mike away leaving with a "No Comment!" Nymph, however, has gathered a large group of reporters and is doing her very own, extensive interview. Omnipresent sends her away and addresses some questions for the reporters while the class leaves back to school.

The rest of the day goes as normal. At night, they watch the news coverage of their heroics. There was also a second incident later in which an unknown caped hero helped pulls survivors from a 13 car pile-up and healed them. Brad, returns from another party and finds his roommate is in, but asleep.

The following day, class starts with Metahuman gym. The class is broken into pre-arranged groups of three. The square off in a tournament to earn points to determine if they will be the superheroic team formed for the semester. Due to an odd numbering, some groups will be fighting autocannons and Techbolt. Singirl, Brick, and Crouching Kitten fight autocannons and win, barely. Their next batch is versus the newly arrived Mimic, Projector, and Cloak. Despite the well planned out strategy of their opponents, the players are able to win when Crouching Kitten destroys the flag base.

The third match pits Noir, The Great Booger, and Candle against them. This time things don't go well when Noir and Candle focus on Crouching Kitten and take her down. However, after an attack from Singirl sends the Great Booger back, Candle changes plans and goes for the enemy flag guarded by Brick. He blinds Brick and tries to knock him out while he is blind. Unfortunately, Brick breaks the ground with his fist and throws metal panels at Candle, keeping him stunned and unable to counter attack.

Singirl handles her own against The Great Booger and Noir while Crouching Kitten recovers. She stealthfully moves up behind Noir and catches her off guard. Singirl damages the flag but The Great Booger's presence forces her up into the air, away from the flag. Finally, Crouching Kitten moves in for a flying kick on the flag and breaks it the rest of the way.

Singirl, Brick, and Crouching Kitten become the official super team core 3. Singirl stays back after Noir approaches her to talk. Noir talks to Singirl about her demonic nature. Noir reveals she too has a demonic origin story when her ancestor made a deal with a demon and the power has passed on to the first daughter ever since. Noir goes on to explain that her curse requires a ground that, if established, would mean their minds would be linked and their identities likely revealed to each other. She also explains why she wants to link with Singirl. The link has to be female and she can't trust a mundane would keep her secret. That leaves Singirl, Nymph, Owlet, or to continue to link with pets which bothers her (pets don't make interesting mental conversation). Nymph is too into herself and Owlet seems to withdrawn. Singirl agrees.

As Brad, Brick returns to his room. He finds his roommate unpacking. His roommate greats him, unpacks a book entitled: The Next Age of Heroes by Allistir Levine. He extends his hand and introduces himself as Michael Williams*.

End E101

Preview of E102: Prerequisites

The Bubba Brothers begin a bank robbing spree. Yuki gets locked in a vault. Brad tries out for the football team.

* I've been looking forward to this for MONTHS. You see, in Alice's Via game, the Messiah, Michael Williams was sucked into another world written by his father. After being returned home, he later talks about joining a school for people with super powers and later being on superhuman team for some time. The players in the Via game never realized that when I designed a Teen Champions game, I planned on having Michael Williams as one of the player's Roommates. The shock on their faces when he introduced himself was priceless.

Re: [Log] Chester School For Teens

These are an e-mail and a letter, respectively, sent home by Genevieve Wilson. The letter was mailed to her mother only, with no return address. As a note, she doesn't have a multiple personality; she just doesn't understand how her powers work, doesn't fully have control, and doesn't want to think she's responsible for having hurt someone when her powers first manifested.

Hi Mom and Dad! Hope things are good back at home.

We've had our first couple of days of classes. I met my roommate. She's Japanese, but she keeps pointing out she's half-Japanese. I guess it's a big deal to her. She looks Japanese to me, but she speaks English really well, just with an accent. She says she's homesick, so I said I'd help her out by making some food from back home. Mom, do you have any good recipes you can send me? And also, where's that chinese grocery store you sometimes go to? I think I might be able to get out that way this weekend. There's a kitchen in the dorms, which kinda makes me wish I'd listened when you taught me how to bake those cookies.

Met a bunch of my classmates, too. We all ate lunch and dinner the first day together, and it was really crowded, for a while, there! So I guess I'm having a pretty easy time making friends and meeting people and stuff. I saw Ryan that first day, but it was kinda weird, and I haven't talked to him since. Oh, well. It's not like I'd know what to say to him.

Most of my classes and things are all right. Gym's mandatory, and it kinda sucks to have to get up first thing in the morning to get all sweaty and gross. But they give us plenty of time between classes, so I decided I don't really care whether other kids in gym class see me before I've washed my hair in the morning. It's not like they really care what my hair looks like when I'm tripping over my own feet, anyway.

The focus in sciences thing is definitely, um, focused. Both chem and biology gave us homework already. It's way easier to concentrate on homework here, but still!

Thinking of you guys, and hoping everything's good. If you're getting along better with me gone, I don't want to know about it!

Gotta run. I'll e-mail you guys later!

-Vee

Do you remember how you said to tell you if my other self grew stronger and made decisions that I didn't agree with? I'm telling you now.

She's being pretty tame, all things considered.

I'll start at the beginning.

We had our first Metahuman 101 class the other day. Just after we'd made introductions, an alarm sounded, and all of us, untrained and unprepared, flew out (in a plane, I mean - a bunch of students can't fly) to find a couple of buildings on fire. I'm sure you saw the news; we rescued all those people. And I - and she - was happy to help. Maybe it was because people who are scared are easy to drain from without them noticing. I mean, she didn't drain a lot of energy there, so maybe I'm rubbing off on her.

Or maybe she just wants me to think she isn't really evil so I'll put down my guard. I'm not falling for that; don't worry.

So the teachers had told us not to talk to the press, and I figured, no problem. I'm not really eager to show off to the whole world, right? But then Brick (as in, dumb as) starts talking to them, as does Nymph(ette). If you watched the news, I'm sure you already know who I mean. Which, by the way, I think the first time my other self and me agree is because of Nymphette. She's just so full of herself, and for what? She didn't go rushing into a burning building, she just tried to take the credit. Her power seems to be deluding herself that she's all that. When she introduced herself, she bragged about her "perfect body," but she's nothing special. Trust me.

She doesn't like the competition in my other self at all, either. If I thought I was hot, I'd probably hate her for it, too, so I can't really blame her for that. I can blame her for being a twit, though.

Anyway, the point I was getting at there was that my other self actually did what she was supposed to, and she felt really good about it. I mean, I did, too. I've never saved anyone's life before, and some of that was me, right? It made me happy.

After that, we had shop class, and I got paired off with a girl called Owlet. She's really shy and stuff, but she was making a rocket pack, and I get to help her with that. I'm not sure how much of a help I'll be, except handing her the tools she'll need and tightening screws and stuff like that (she knows what she's doing, and I'm taking that class to be better with mechanical things, not because I'm already good).

Then there were all the regular classes, and it was back for gym the next morning. It was Metahuman Gym, though, so I should've known it wouldn't be just me going out to walk the track so I don't mess up someone's game. They put us into groups of three, and we had to fight the teacher and these guns (don't worry, they didn't use real bullets) to play some weird Capture the Flag thing. Then we played against another group, and the kid who saved all those people in that car wreck the other night was in the group against ours. His name's Mimic, and his team was pretty smart about it. But Crouching Tiger (she's in my team, and she can grow wings and claws when she wants to) is really fast, and so she got to their base and killed their flag before they could get to ours.

Then in the last round, we were up against Noir (she has shadowy powers), Candle (he's like a living ball of flame) and The Great Booger. He wants to be called The Great Ooze, but he's really gross and stuff.

We just barely won against those three, and even then, Tiger was the one who won it for us. No big surprise there. I didn't even ask for my powers in the first place, so it's no big whoop that I suck at using them.

Even still, I feel kinda frustrated about that.

I have to stop feeling that way, though. That might be why my other self's getting stronger. My wishing to be stronger must be why it's happening. I mean, I'm just human, and she's the one that's all powerful and stuff. If the powerful side of me gets stronger, the human side gets weaker. That's just the way it goes, right?

After the fights were over, Noir came up to me and wanted to talk about the fact that I was a demon. She said her powers came from a demon. I don't know what my other self was up to, but she tried to warn her about pacts with demons, and teased her about how evil she was. But if the idea was to get Noir's trust, it worked. Noir told her she needed to bond to someone else, or she'd be turned into a ghost. I don't really get how it works, but, after teasing her some more, my other self agreed.

So now, if I die, there's a girl who'll also kinda die. Not that I really plan on it anytime soon, but it's kinda weird to think about.

Oh yeah, and I know what she's thinking, on the surface, whenever I like, and she's got the same thing going with me. It's kind of embarrassing to think about. Of course we know each other's real names now.

Mostly, I feel sorry for her. In dealing with one demon's curse, she's tied herself to another one. And who knows what my other self has up her sleeve with this? She can't possibly have anything good in mind. She isn't capable of it.

And this is also leading me to the biggest cause of her getting stronger and more able to control things than me. She's getting a lot of energy from Noir, and Noir doesn't even seem to mind. You'd think she'd realize the dangers of making pacts with demons, and not do that.

Honestly, I'm kinda worried for her. Is there anything we can do? I wouldn't want to sever the bond, because I don't know what would happen if I did.

And here I'd been thinking, when the bond was first formed, how happy I was that I'd have someone to talk to about everything. Not that there's anything wrong with you, but it would be nice, having someone else understand what it's like. But I don't think she understands at all. She knows her powers aren't always a picnic, but she talks about them like they're more helpful than a curse.

Anyway, if you have any ideas, send me a letter. No e-mail, because I think they trace those things on the school server. They have a satellite connection; can you believe it?

• 1 month later...

E102: Prerequisites - Episode Aired August 12, 2007

Date: September 20, 2006

The students are in the Personal Finance class and paired off. Each student is required to setup a mock budget for the class and will be keeping an actual budget and practice investing in the stock market. One of the paired off student is required to setup the initial budget this class Brad and V both get this assignment. Yuki is given the task of opening up the checking account at a local bank.

While Yuki is at the bank, the bank manager gives her a tour. A teller comes and interrupts the tour as they stand in the safety deposit box room just outside of the vault. Yuki is left alone in that room when the power goes off. Yuki tries the door to exit the safety deposit box but the power has enabled an emergency lock down and she is stuck inside. As she sits there waiting, the vault door suddenly pops open. She peaks inside and sees that money is floating away and disappears. She transforms into Striking Tiger and moves in to stop the thief. Unfortunately, she has difficulty fighting her invisible opponent and the opponent flees without much money. Yuki transforms back into normal, unaware that the invisible enemy is in the same room with her...

Back at the headquarters, the team discusses a rash of bank robberies. Four bank robberies have recently taken place in the city. Three of them remain in one area and seem to have been done by a group of red neck robbers known as the Bubba Brothers. The fourth robbery seems to have been a high-tech job and was much closer to the school than any others.

During literature class, the class is asked to read a book by Allistir Levin. Michael Williams asks to speak with his teacher in private. After class, a very curious Yuki and V, corner him and find out what that was about. Michael confesses that his father is the author of the book and he didn't want to write on something he knew all to well. He mentions that he has an advanced copy of his dad's next book and the group inquires to see it. He agrees to share.

The group goes on some patrols and happens to be patrolling when the next bank robbery occurs. They arrive outside a bank with the Bubba Brother's already inside. Brick smashes the engine block of the getaway van to prevent them from escaping. This enrages the brothers as the open up their shotguns on the heroes. Singirl and Striking Tiger move inside and manage to force the brothers behind the cashier's counter. The Bubba Brothers keep each other covered and lob an occasional grenade at the two of them. Striking Tiger breaks right and goes after Bubba Jim and Singirl breaks left and focuses on Bubba George.

Bubba John tosses a grenade that blasts Brick into a manager's office. Brick takes a section of the wall and smashes it over Bubba John. Bubba John slips under the cashier's counter and blasts up with his shotgun. Although it doesn't hit Brick, it knocks Brick over. Brick smashes through the counter and pins Bubba John down who continues to fire his shotgun until he is out of ammo.

Meanwhile Singirl and Striking Tiger tangle with their two until they are both out of grenades, and later out for the count. As they are just about over, Bubba Jim makes one last dive for a grenade but is taken out. The three are arrested and hauled off to jail.

Back at the base, Yuki finds a note in her student mail slot. It has no return address and seems to have been mailed from within the school. In simple, printed text, it reads: "I know who you are. Stop investigating the bank robbery or I'll reveal your identity to the world. - pebble"

Scared, she decides to reveal her identity to Brick and Singirl. However, the three do continue to investigate the bank robbery and find little connection. There have been no recent high-tech robberies and no other banks have been robbed. Further still, the $10,000 that had been stolen from the bank is mysteriously returned a week after it was taken.

The game ends as Yuki and V, invite Sabine (aka Noir), Michael (aka Mimic), and Brad over for Japanese Cuisine.

End E102

Preview of E103: Big Threats

Gloriana unleashes havoc in Sacramento. Mimic gets reclassified to an Omega level Superhero. A rift begins to grow between Nymph and the two female leads.

E103: Big Threats - Episode Aired August 26, 2007

Date: October 3, 2006

Striking Tiger sits in Metahuman History class. She learns the history of superhuman schools. The first, being the Chester Sister School of Ravenwood in Millennium City. She learns that it was the schools on Machinist who was able to hack into Dr. Destroyer's computer network and learn his plans to minimalize the destruction of Millennium City. And she learns of the school's less pleasant history of Gloriana.

In Metahuman Biology, Omnipresent discusses the unique nature of metahuman cellular structures. He has the class show examples of the cells and points out the unique features to each. He shows his own last and how it has an inverted polarity.

The following class in Metahuman 101, the class talks about the UNTIL power levels. They also speak of how UNTIL has a similiar classification system for superheroes as Villains though how they create the grade for each varies. In the class at Chester, there are only two Deltas: Mimic and Candle. Brick and Striking Tiger check to find they are all listed as Betas. Singirl tries and looks up her mom but can't seem to find her on any system. She does, however, find the power rating of several demons and even an Omega known as Takofanes.

In Metahuman Gym class, Omnipresent takes center stage to demonstrate that just because your an Alpha doesn't mean you can't be a threat. To demonstrate, Omnipresent (an alpha) is going to face all 12 students at once. They need to strike him three times to win. If an individual student is hit three times, that student is out and is removed from the arena by either Omnipresent himself or Machinist who is running the system from outside.

The battle doesn't go very well for the students. The class is a giant free for all and Candle's explosive attack ends up hitting more students than Omnipresent does. Singirl uses her new found demonic burst power to get one blow on Omnipresent. Candle ends up being taken out by Noir because he is causing more damage to the students than he is unleashing to Omnipresent. Striking Tiger does a flying dive-bomb while Omnipresent is on top of the flying Singirl. It strikes and later gets a compliment as the first time he has been hit in hand-to-hand combat in a long time. Singirl gets the final blow on Omnipresent. In the end, only five students remain in the arena. Omnipresent talks about how with improved teamwork, he wouldn't have taken a single person out.

Later that day, the team gets a red alert. A report has come in of a girl being attacked by a gang in the park. The primary three are dispatched along with the Athenian, Mimic, and Noir. The discover a circle of men around a girl whimpering on the ground. Striking Tiger flying in to scope the girl up and carry her back to their flying shuttle. Meanwhile, the others start taking down the helpless goons in seconds. As the team is celebrating their victory, Striking Tiger starts to head back to check on the girl when their ship explodes.

Standing in the midst of the ruins is Gloriana, who laments on how her test of their powers was not as effective as she would have liked. Battle breaks out and doesn't go well for them. They learn quickly that she absorbs energy attacks and Singirl is reduced to doing drains of her energy. Striking Tiger lands a couple of blows. The Athenian, gets hit hard. Although he is still standing, he is bleeding badly. Mimic rushes over and uses a healing power on the Athenian. After Noir realizes her powers have no effect, she goes Invisible, telling Singirl when she finds a way to attack, she will.

After a turn, they hear communication from Cloak that they are on the way to help. After being hit by a boulder, Gloriana goes to blast Brick. She critical fumbles her roll and after another roll to test, she uses the wrong power by mistake. Brick gets transformed into a cat. Noir picks him up and runs off to get Brick safe. Striking Tiger is taken down while Athenian recovers from his wounds. Just then, the second ship appears above. Owlet and Cloak stand at the edge ready to jump down to help when Gloriana blasts the ship, destroying it in a massive explosion. Fortunately, both survive their plummet and cloak makes everyone invisible. Frustrated, Gloriana flees. It turns out that Candle was piloting the ship and he is badly injured. He, Athenian, Striking Tiger, and Brick are hospitalized for a couple of days. They learn that Gloriana is an Omega level villain.

A week passes before Gloriana appears ago. The entire team is given a red alert and they are all dispatched, approaching from a safe angle to prevent the destruction of their last ship. Brick, seeking revenge for being turned into a cat, jumps off his bike so that he can hit her mid-air. It succeeds and causes enough knockback that she embedded into the side of the hospital she appeared outside of.

The battle is fairly chaotic, so chaotic that details are difficult to remember about it. Cloak keeps key players hidden while Projector makes those same key players appear to be attacking from different spots. Owlet uses a flash bomb on Gloriana's eye to give herself cover long enough to land on top of the hospital. Singirl drains Gloriana' energy as much as she can, forcing Gloriana to keep her energy usage to a minimum. Striking Tiger hits her a couple of times, as does Brick, slowly knocking down her STUN. Owlet fires a grapple and ties the unsuspecting Gloriana to the side of the hospital. When Gloriana moves in to strike Singirl, the cord snaps off the already damaged part of the building, pulling her to the ground. Brick runs up and decks her hard but is, shortly after, struck across the side by a very large piece of wall tethered to a cord.

During the chaos, Calculator, Candle, and the Athenian are taken out. When the wall crumbled, Owlet fell and was badly injured by the fall. Mimic has, in the meanwhile, been using Nymphs power to cause the females to gain an arousal in him. Then, using Singirl's power, he pulled all of the emotions into himself to up his power level. He continued this for two turns and then had the others lure Gloriana to him. It works as Gloriana goes to attack an illusion version of Singirl created by a fast thinking Cloak and Projector. Mimic unleashes one of Gloriana's own blasts on her. The blast STUNS Gloriana and sends her flying off into the city. Omnipresent teleports himself to her location just in time for her to regain consciousness. She blast him and then zips off into deep space.

The game ends as the group learns that after the battle, Mimic has been upgraded to Omega level and Owlet has been upgraded from an Alpha, to a Beta. Mimic mentions, have annoyed, that since the absorption of the energy, he hasn't dropped in power. The games ends with another Japanese Culture night with Michael bringing by some copies of his father's book, fresh from the printer.

E103

Preview E104: Split Personality

Striking Tiger gets her DNA stolen. Singirl finds herself stuck in two locations at the same time. And what happens when a human, hungry for demonic power and a human with powerful genetic potential come together? You get utter chaos on the streets of Sacramento.

And now, Genevieve's take on it (Week Two).

The letter home has nothing that would indicate who it's for or who it's addressing, nor does it reveal the letter writer's identity. The letter doesn't indicate who it's for; she expects her mother to recognize her handwriting from the envelope.

Well, I've finally figured out what my other self is up to. She hasn't been able to do any research without my help (not without scaring the crap out of some librarian, or leaving a paper trail a mile wide), so she let me in on it.

She doesn't trust Mr. Chester. She thinks he has some scheme going where these superhero kids are going to amass him some kind of fortune he can hide in his Swiss bank accounts. I was skeptical at first, but she pointed out that he's willingly enlisted a demon to help; why else would someone be willing to use a demon's power, if not for evil? I can't really argue with that, though I haven't turned anything up. I mean, at all. There's absolutely no evidence to support what she says.

I suspect she'll want to get a bit more personal with the prying if something doesn't turn up soon. She's pretty determined, and can be annoying when thwarted.

As for the hero thing . . . That's going better than expected. Training sessions with the guidance counselor have taught both of us much better control over her powers. I can't seal her up for good; the problem is that learning control means she's getting stronger, too.

But, other than her suspicions of Mr. Chester, she's behaving suspiciously well. She stopped a couple of muggers the other day, and didn't use excessive force or anything. She did scare them half to death, but apparently having a demon swoop down out of the night sky will do that.

Unless you're the Bubba Brothers . . .

I don't know how much of that hit the news, but basically, these three rednecks had been robbing banks, armed with sawed-off shotguns and grenades. Thank goodness it wasn't me being shot at; I don't know how I would've handled that. But my other self was pretty fearless about it, even if they were tenacious, and took FOREVER to go down.

Meanwhile, we (as in, classmates and my other self, who listens to me when smarts are involved) had been looking into the bank robberies, and we figured out that one of them couldn't have come from the Bubba Brothers. It was way too smart. The only clue we had was that the Japanese girl was kinda near there when it happened, but she kept saying that she didn't see anything. I was okay with leaving things as they were, but my other self confronted her and asked her all sorts of questions, all but calling her a liar.

Then, Striking Tiger (one of the teammates, and one of the ones in the main group with my other self) got this threat, and so she told us who she really was. And suddenly things made a lot more sense. I guess she'd tried to stop the robber while she was in the vault, but he was invisible. And then, still invisible, he saw her change back into the Japanese girl.

Does "Pebble" mean anything to you? I wouldn't think so; there's nothing in the UNTIL database, so that probably means he's new, or just as hidden as you. If he is new, that means it could be somebody in my class. There are at least two people, maybe more, that I know of who can go invisible. It's not Noir; the telepathic bond would've given her away. That only leaves one other that I know of, but I don't know everyone's powers for sure yet.

Anything you know about catching a sneaky thief would be really helpful; I don't know what to do until this Pebble guy robs another bank, or something.

By the way, I might need to go clothes shopping in another month or two. I thought I was done growing, but some of my clothes have been tighter than I'd like, lately. The stretchy bras haven't reached their limit yet, but a couple of the tank tops aren't as loose as I like. Gotta give my other self room to grow; I never know when she'll feel like grabbing some fresh air and a soul to snack on.

Give me a call when you get my letter, so I know it arrived safe and sound. For the next few nights, I should be in my room by 8.

E-mail home:

Mom,

sushi was a great hit. Your instructions were GREAT! Send more recipes. I think I can handle some more difficult dishes, now.

Mom and Dad,

miss you both. Used to think your house rules were a pain, until I came here and never had time to BREATHE, anymore. But I'm learning a lot, Latin's pretty easy after French class, and most of the teachers are pretty great. They know we're all here because we're interested in learning, so instead of acting like underpaid babysitters, they really explain things like we're smart kids. Gym continues to suck.

See you both in a few weeks! Love you!

-V

Genevieve's Take, Week Three.

The e-mail:

Mom and Dad,

Sushi night continues to be a hit, and we're getting more and more people. I asked Erin to come this Friday, and said she could tell Ryan that, if he wants some, he should come, too. The ingredients are getting expensive! But it's pretty fun having all those people together.

Dad, you remember how you said you were a late bloomer, and maybe I take after you? Yeah. I'm gonna need some gift certificates, or something. There's a Bali Outlet just off the bus line, about 20 minutes from here, so one of those would be awesome. Being able to breathe again would be real nifty.

Gotta run. Homework. Every time I think I'm all caught up, we get slammed again. Ugh.

TTYL.

-V

And the letter:

The word for the week is: Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

For so many reasons, too.

First off, Gloriana. I'd be REALLY surprised if you haven't heard anything, but basically, she's really strong and annoying, and, guess what? She powers up if you thwack her with energy. Yeah, not so good when that's most of what you can do.

My other self is displeased. Which means I'm not sleeping much, and I'm distracted almost all the time. I almost wish she'd go back to obsessing over Mr. Chester and how evil he must be, or whatever.

The week actually started out pretty well. During metahuman gym, we got to fight a teacher, and he's really fast, and can teleport. He's not very powerful, but man, can he dodge! He was trying to show The Value of Teamwork, which would've been awesome, if we'd had some time to plan, and people were interested in it, or something. I guess that's part of the lesson. Anyway, my other self actually got to land two of the three strikes (he had to get hit three times before all of us were hit three times), even though it meant hitting a couple others in the process. She didn't really care, until the big moral lesson at the end where we were chided for losing so many teammates.

But she was okay with that, because she'd been pretty effective, and figured she could listen to me in the future to plan around not killing teammates. Also, she got to use her, uh, assets to her advantage, by distracting the professor. I was WAY less amused about that, but it mostly worked.

Mostly. It also distracted another guy, and she got a bit singed when his shot was off. Serves her right.

But mostly, she was pretty proud of showing up Nymph (have I mentioned "ugh?"), who, well, the less you know about her, the better. Basically, she's a snotty brat who thinks she's all that, and maybe if not for Sex Incarnate (y'know, my other self), she might be. But her attempts to get attention and hang all over the boys just looks pathetic when they're just rolling their eyes at her.

Anyway, the next day, when we were out looking over a collapsed building, we got an emergency call at the park, where a woman was being attacked. Except she wasn't; apparently Gloriana was faking it so we'd come and she could watch us fight, but we were better than she expected. That's good, I guess.

But still, my other self felt pretty useless, and she couldn't hit for crap, and she HATED that she had to rely on my smarts and hold back, instead of just blasting her. She did learn her lesson, though, and the second time we encountered her, she stayed back, just draining Little Miss G a bit at a time. I guess it helped, but what really helped was Mimic, who used both her and Nymph's power (Nymph can manipulate people's emotions through pheromones, which kind of explains her in a nutshell -- ugh!) to get this huge power-up, and he blasted the absolute crap out of Gloriana. She totally went flying.

So, while I'm pretty pleased my plan worked, my other self is all sulky and frustrated.

Not that she lets herself stay frustrated for long. In a high school with dorms, she has plenty of outlets for that.

Yes, I've made sure she's safe about it, at least. But good lord. Were YOU like that when you were a teenage succubus?

• 5 weeks later...

E104: Split Personalities - Episode Aired September 23, 2007

Date: October 17, 2006

Through Erin and Genevieve's coordination, a large group of students get together to go catch House on Haunted Hill 3: The House's Revenge in theaters. There are mixed reactions for how good the movie was (particularly the scene were the balcony actually ate a person) but fun was had by all.

Striking Tiger goes on patrol and rescues a woman dangling from a fire escape. She rescues the woman who thanks her, shaking her hand. Striking Tiger thinks it is odd but doesn't say anything about it. At around the same time, Singirl/Genevieve feels odds as Singirl is summoned into a demonic summoning circle while Genevieve is still in her room doing homework. A woman identifying herself as Callisto tells Singirl she will be granting her demonic powers.

Noir, also at this time collapses and the school decides to begin investigate. After an email from Genevieve informs the Headmaster that Singirl has been abducted, the students are directed in that direction. Meanwhile, Genevieve gets in touch with her mother who comes by to do a ritual to find Singirl. Unfortuantely, during the ritual, Yuki walks in and finds the chain of events unusual. Genevieve's mom tries to cover up what is happening but given an unfortunate statement by the Headmaster, Yuki is able to figure out Genevieve is Singirl.

Singirl is forced to comply with Callisto's wishes but does so by summoning her to hell. While Singirl is in hell, the summoning circle is broken by the heroes coming to save the day. Singirl is merged back with Genevieve and flies in to let them know she is alright. There is no sign to the fate of Callisto.

Days pass. On patrol, Brick discovers an armored truck that has been attacked and ripped apart by a giant creature that leapt up onto the rooftop after and escaped. That same day, they get a report of a bank robbery where someone robbed from inside the bank vault. The only clue is the scorch marks on the floor in the shape of a circle and the smell of sulfur.

Suspecting a demon, they have a local demon expert (Genevieve's mom) go to the bank and perform a demonic tracking ritual. She reveals that the person who had left the bank by the bank vault had used a portal to and from hell.

Early on Sunday, the team is awoken to learn of a robbery in progress at a Jewelry store. The three PCs and Candle head down to the store and discover Callisto in a very demonic form as well as several imps. As the battle begins, the group is attacked by another villain, Merger who has the composition of multiple animals.

After a fairly quick fight, Merger is defeated and captured. Callisto curses and opens a gate to Hell to escape. Merger is held until UNTIL arrives and is transported away. Unfortunately, later that day, the school learns that Merger was able to reshape her genetics to some sort of ooze-like nature and passed through the air holes of her holding cell.

Things start to go back to normal until Genevieve is working on her Latin homework. She discovers that calculus is Latin for "pebble". Immediately realizing that the clues make it seem like Calculator was responsible for the bank robbery in E102, she gets together some classmates and confronts him. Calculator puts together a quick set of excuses. It doesn't vindicate him but buys him time to find a way to get proof. Meanwhile, they go to the headmaster.

Calculator finally calls the group that confronted him and provides computer evidence that prior to the bank robbery, a Russian source hacked the school's special network and accessed floor schematics that shows all rooms with access to the underground base and that by accessing student files, easily reveals the identity and location of all heroes including Yuki AND Calculator. And that knowing that Calculator is a supergenius, he could make an easy target to blame by simulating the same powers Calculator uses.

Owlet's research proves a different story. Calculator lied. All dorm rooms have access to the underground bunker but only several are actually utilized. Calculator is confronted with this, tries to get out of the lie but cannot. He confesses that he only stole the money because he needed to pay for tuition and never got a scholarship (it was given to Owlet). He also said he returned the money once he had made it back.

There is a disagreement between the students and the headmaster for Calculator's fate. Chester, very much wants to keep Calculator in the school to try and help him become a hero. However, after some very convincing arguments, Chester agrees that the only outcome is to expel Calculator. Calculator is given over for a juvenile trial and completely expelled from the school.

END E104

Preview E105: The Big Game

A leadership role is assigned. The team picks a name even if it means killing each other to get one. The school football team faces its rival. And everyone learns the importance of avoiding drugs, especially drugs that involve injections of glowing substances.

And Genevieve's take on all this . . .

Here's her e-mail home:

Hey! Things have been pretty crazy around here, what with midterms and everything. A huge group of us managed to go see a movie (HonHH3) together, which was pretty cool. I met this girl, Fay (Faye? I didn't see it written down) who seems pretty nice, but shy. She's started coming to the sushi night thing. I guess she does some tutoring and stuff on the side. I think she might like one of the guys who came with us, but if she does, she really wasn't being obvious about it.

Ryan was there, and we've basically picked up where we left off, like nothing happened. I'm surprised he's not mad, but you know me: gift horse? What mouth? There's a dance in a week, or something, and I think he might ask me to go with him.

A kid in my finances class got kicked out. I guess he cheated on a test, or something . . .

Both of you take care, and I'll see you for Thanksgiving! If you want to stop by sometime, see how the school's treating us, let me know, and I'll save you some sushi. I've gotten pretty good, and Fay makes these awesome bento thingies I know Dad would love.

Love you both!

-V

Here's the letter she send to her mother, as bereft of identifying information as ever:

Thanks for attempting to cover for me when my roommate walked in. Unfortunately, the headmaster blabbed, and so it was all for nothing. I guess it's not so bad my roommate knows, since I already knew about her, and she hasn't blabbed to anyone else. But do you remember meeting that weird costumed guy? He knows.

Like that wasn't obvious. But he's a real secretive type, so I have no idea what he'll do with that kind of information. We (I mean my other self and him) talked about it, and I don't think he'd say anything. But still. I don't like having so many people know about it.

Meanwhile, I haven't really told you what happened after you left, or even really said much about why I called you to the school in the first place. You see, someone summoned my other self. And apparently this split her off from me, making her really strong and even more evil than usual. She was summoned to give that person power, even if it meant going to Hell to get it.

So, she brought her to Hell, to the part where I guess you'd've been from. (She's tried to go back since; no dice.) She drew a little strength, just to get the succubi's attention, and then she announced, fully with the intent that they'd be pissed and kill her, that the summoner thought she could handle their power. They attacked her.

A little bit later, the supers got to the warehouse she'd been summoned to, and broke the summoning circle, and that sent her right back where she came from. I'd kind of been hoping we could make it permanent, and that we'd be able to sever whatever connection was left, or something. It's exhausting, looking after her. And she seemed pretty happy to be "Home." If the summoning hadn't been broken, I think she'd've stayed, and learned everything there was to know about being evil, manipulative, and sadistic. She's been a lot meaner since she came back, and keeps pondering disgusting things she could do to people who've pissed her off. Usually right when I'm eating, too.

Nonetheless, I'm still growing, even if I'm not eating much. I figured I'd wait until my growth spurt is all done before I use those gift certicates you sent.

Thank you, by the way.

The most unsettling thing right now, even worse than the nightmares that I'm trapped back in that Hell, or the ones I've always had about her taking control with nothing I can do about it, is how much everyone else trusts her. I realized a clue which pointed out that someone in the class had betrayed us (that guy who was expelled? Not for cheating . . .), and so she confronted him, all ready to break some bones and do some hurt. And all these others just went along with it! Don't they realize she's dangerous? Evil, even?

And they've said as much, that they trust her. Even the people she's . . . Well, you know. Even those people say they trust her. What is wrong with people? Does she actually need to rip some poor schmuck to pieces before they figure it out?

It's disconcerting.

Her mother has been replying all along, but not with anything particularly illuminating. (Translation: the GM doesn't want to get into another NPC's head.) Here's her reply this time, mailed to "Singirl, care of Chester School for Teens," with no identifying information, otherwise:

I'm not certain she shouldn't be trusted, at least not at this point. Certainly I agree that her actions against the summoner were violent and of questionable moral content, but otherwise, what has she done to warrant such a poor opinion? Since her appearance, she has done nothing but benevolent acts, and, by your own admission, taken enjoyment in this and in people's gratitude.

I speak of her actions, dear, not her thoughts. I am well aware of the seduction of violence, and have had to quell a number of murderous impulses, myself. Three just this week. However, understand that that is not only a demonic tendency, but also a human one. The creativity and vividity of such visions might be disturbing to one who believes she should be immune to anger and frustration, but otherwise, you are experiencing nothing that most humans (your father excepted, but I've always liked that about him) hasn't struggled with at some point.

Remember she has as much cause for frustration as you do. I doubt she enjoys balancing your needs for stability, affection, friendship and time for academic pursuits with her more hedonistic cares, yet she's left with little choice, as you're left with little choice but to comply with some of her needs. She must have been feeling a tremendous sense of freedom in entering Hell and being amongst kin for the first time in her life, and she was snatched away once more to the human realm, where she can't even pretend to fit in the way you do.

Do not underestimate the effect of having a person believe in her, or care for her.

I know you fret about her lack of conscience, but don't you realize? You ARE her conscience. She can no more tune you out than you can choose not to view her salacious memories which embarrass you so. And you're wrong to think you're too weak for that to be effective. You're the strongest human I know.

This is not to say that your impulse to quell her more violent urges is wrong, or that you need to relax. You have had your whole life to form your personal ethics, and to form your ideas of right and wrong. As she didn't exist before two years ago, it is unsurprising that her morals should be found lacking. In their place, you serve that purpose. When she can determine for herself that she should quell an impulse you disagree with, then you will know that it is safe.

I wish you luck in this endeavor.

• 1 month later...

Looks like you'll just have to guess how the game went, by my character's correspondences home.

The e-mail to Mom and Dad:

Hey, Mom and Dad! How's things back at home?

I did pretty well on my midterms. I know you'd say, "Of course," Dad, but I was kinda worried. It's been pretty crazy here, and it doesn't show any signs of letting up. I guess the difference between here and Valley High is that they keep you so dang BUSY here!

I did manage to take some time off to catch the Homecoming game. They were getting their butts kicked, but I guess the other team was on drugs, or something, because suddenly they threw a guy into the stands. I took off; only really heard about it later. A bunch of people got hurt, but nothing too serious. I guess the school doctor is pretty used to dealing with some nasty stuff; something about working in inner-city hospitals? I dunno. I don't really hang out in his office, or anything. I don't think he likes me.

The Homecoming dance was great, though. I went with Ryan, and my roommate was asked by this guy she likes, named Michael. All us Friday Night Sushi people were there, and it was cool to just hang out, after the game's weirdness.

Then . . . Well, y'know how time flies when you're having fun? Nobody ever says it flies when you're too busy to breathe, too, but bam! Friday again. Yuki (the roommate) was in a play, and a whole bunch of us showed up to cheer and stuff for her. The play was okay. It was written in, like, 1930, and the director had all these "hip" updates to the language and stuff. I tried not to roll my eyes too hard, though one girl did crack up after she did her one corny line. There was singing and gangs . . . well, I guess you could just google it. It was called West Side Story.

Then Brad (he's some football player guy, who's really rich, and who started tagging along to the sushi nights - I dunno who invited him) took us all out to dinner, which was nice. The Faye girl I mentioned - I think she likes him. I guess if everyone shared the same taste, the world wouldn't be so interesting and stuff, but, every time I think about that, I just end up shaking my head. I mean, she's so smart and nice, and he's . . . a friggin' football player.

Anyway, I hope everything's good, and that you're taking good care of my dust bunnies. Tell 'em I miss 'em, but let me know if they growl back. I'll see you during winter break!

(Can't wait!)

And the letter to Mom, addressed vaguely enough that it doesn't give any identifying information on the outside:

I should get into the habit of watching the news. I'm curious about the reception of the team's new name in the media, or whether they've even heard it yet. Yeah, my other self is now the leader of "The Infiniteens."

Yeah, I don't know what it means, either, but I think that's the beauty of it. It sounds sort of forceful and strong, with no preconceived notions attached. That's why I was leaning toward it, anyway. But it was being handled kinda democratically, and ended up coming down to a coin toss when it was a pretty even split. And "Infiniteens" it is.

I can't remember what the others were.

And yes, you did read that correctly. She's been made the leader. I cannot imagine what is going through that man's mind. Maybe he's just the most trusting soul EVER. You'd think a guy who's, like, a thousand would know better than to just blindly trust people. And he's been given plenty of reason to think badly of her. Without getting into specifics, she's been given this private room to, um, take care of needs. And she's used it. Not alone.

It makes eye contact with some people REAL awkward, especially after she figured out who some of them were in real life, and they know who I am. Just because she swings whichever way the wind blows doesn't mean I do. There's only one person I've ever really liked, and I'm taking it nice and slow with him, now that I know he's interested.

I just can't figure out what's possessing all these people. Can't they SEE how evil she is? Do they have to watch her recoil from a brandished cross before it'll get through their brains that she's pure, bad-to-the-bone Evil?

Speaking of, don't touch the enclosed package that's wrapped in velvet Just put it somewhere Dad won't find it; he'd be really hurt if he know I stopped wearing his fourteenth birthday present. But I figure that kinda stuff probably burns you, too. Apparently my other self's evil's been spilling out onto me, probably because I don't completely stop her from being a total slut. (It was a compromise; trust me.) The last time I tried to wear that, I got this welt on my neck that only just healed, and I felt tired and dizzy all day. That was weeks ago. I thought maybe that if I prayed, went to church, or got myself used to it, it might stop, but that just makes it worse.

I know you said I'm her conscience and stuff, but I just feel like I'm being punished for something that isn't my fault. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it must be SOMETHING. She and I have been talking, lately, usually at night as I'm falling asleep, ever since she got to actually meet you face-to-face a couple of weeks ago. She said the other night that she's kind of grown fond of me.

If the demon I'm supposed to be keeping in check and working as the jailer for LIKES me, I've gotta be doing something wrong. Either that, or she has something up her (skimpy) sleeve.

She's actually dating someone; one of the guys from the Infiniteens. I have no idea what's up with that, but they've been on a few dates. He's called Candle, and I guess she could do a lot worse. He seems kinda awkward and not-too-social (or bright), but he has all these interesting stories about traveling all over the world with his parents. I don't know who he really is, but, if I did, I'd probably invite him to our Friday night event. As a friend, I mean. Then I could introduce him to someone nice who isn't a sex-crazed evil demon, and he could have a REAL girlfriend, for a change.

Not me, though. I'm perfectly happy chasing after the boy I like, now that I have things well enough under control that I wouldn't kill him or change into HER by kissing him.

So I mentioned in my e-mail that the football game was interrupted by a guy getting thrown through the bleachers. The football players on the other team were on some kind of chemical that made them really, really strong, which was why they'd gone undefeated all season. Unfortunately, in his rush to stop them, one of the football players outed himself as one of the Infiniteens. Only two or three people noticed, but still! So careless. This is the same guy Faye likes; Lord knows what she sees in him.

My own secret's still as safe as it can be, when a bunch of teachers and other kids know. I guess I mostly trust them not to say anything, but it still makes me nervous. I gotta admit, I'm still pretty pissed that anyone knows at all. That isn't who I am. It's an unfortunate side effect of being your daughter.

Not that I blame you. I understand why you enrolled me here, and that you've overcome your nature through sheer force of will, or something. You didn't ask for it any more than I did; I know that. It's just a really tough thing to adjust to. I only want to be a normal kid, with normal problems and normal friends and a normal life. Spending my Saturday nights inside the mind of a succubus who's patrolling for things more outwardly evil than herself is pretty weird, no matter how you look at it.

Keep the letters coming, and I'll try to answer them more quickly. If nothing else, it's nice to know I'm not the first person to have to deal with all this.

E105: The Big Game - Episode Aired October 28

The Big Game is coming between the Chester and their Rival School and with that is the homecoming and homecoming dance. The Rival School has yet to win a game and the Chester Football Team is hoping to be the ones to take them down. Between Brad's superhero classes, patrols, football practice, and working on teaching himself Japanese, he is very busy.

Chester offers Sin Girl a chance to be the leader of the superhero team but to do so, she needs to get everyone to agree on a team name. Chester is leaving it up to her to determine that. Sin Girl goes with a suggestion box for everyone to record ideas that they want to consider for a vote.

A new student, Chimera is introduced. His large, unusually appearance makes it impossible for him to be integrated into the school as a normal student. Instead, he is given quarters inside the secret base area and is taking classes remotely by video monitor.

The team names are read and after discussing them, the name Infiniteens is decided upon and used by the team. The students await eagerly for the media reaction but it hasn't happened yet. Meanwhile, Sin Girl begins teaming up people for practice so that they can get optimal training.

The kids in the school start trying to find dates for Homecoming. Genevieve asks Ryan who agrees eagerly. Yuki, nervously asks Michael Williams who agrees to be her data. Brad gets asked out by a tutor. And all of them, at least those not in the football game, get dragged off to watch the Big Game.

The Homecoming Game goes to a rough start. Any time the Chester Offense Team gets a chance to score, the Rival's Defensive Team slaughters them. By the time the Half-Time arrives, the disable list has grown. Brad is moved to help cover the Defensive. The Rival's Quarter, Jimmy Carver, back strikes him, sending him flying and cracking his power dampner. In the next play, the power dampner shatters. Brad, on the third play, tries using his Super Strength to make it work and despite having it in effect, the play goes rough but this time, Brad sacks Jimmy Carver.

The following play, Jimmy cares less about the game and more about the play made by Brad. He charges straight for Brad and kicks him, sending him flying directly into and thru the bleachers. When Chuck Berry confronts Jimmy, Chuck kicks him so far he almost flies over the field goal poles.

By now, panic breaks out on the field and the Rival Team begins striking at everyone. The crowd flees except for those who have other ideas in mind. Genevieve and Yuki sneak away to transform, Owlet appears from somewhere nearby, Chimera flies in and The Great Ooze arrives from beyond the football team. And Brad... without his costume... runs out to confront Jimmy Carver and the other football players that have some sort of odd strength.

The battle remains crazy and most of the football players are taken down quickly. But Jimmy Carver possess a strength that surpasses them. Jimmy Carver, in the course of the battle manages to take down Owlet, Brad, Chimera, The Great Ooze, and even knocks out Crouching Dragon once. But with a careful play of teamwork, he is finally taken down.

The drugged up football players leaves everyone bruised and battered but they all go anyone and have a good time.

END E105

• 2 weeks later...

E106: Winter Wonderland - Episode Aired November 11

E107: Permafrost - Episode Aired November 18

Special Note: This was a big two-parter that had a WHOLE bunch of fail in the first game and really kicked butt in the second part. I'm going to edit in the rest of the summary later. I'm having trouble getting to finishing this at this time.

Winter session has begun. Most of the students are away but some are either required to stay or have no place to go. As it happens, Sin Girl, Brick, Striking Tiger are required to stay. Owlet is staying behind to get ahead in her class load. Candle is going to be there, but has to leave for a week. Chimera certainly has no place to go and is catching up on some classes. Finally, Athenian will be back but is currently in New York City getting his citizenship.

Sin Girl ends up being called down by Chester. In a recent mission, Owlet tried to stop a mugger. Unfortunately, the mugger shot and killed his victim before Owlet could stop him. Sin Girl finds herself uncomfortably, but successfully counseling Owlet.

Two days later, after Candle has returned but before Athenian has arrived, the members of the Infiniteens are called into their base. Mechanic is ready with a ship. DEMON has launched a massive attack in downtown and they are needed on the scene. The arrive to find a large circle of DEMON agents with Callisto in the center of them conducting a rituation. They try to interrupt her but doing so makes her smile. She wishes them a fond farewell and the group of agents feel themself pulled into a land covered in ice and snow.

Immediately, Candle curses and covers himself with his arms as his powers shut off, shouting "Don't look! Don't Look!" Mechanic, who was also pulled in, uses his powers to modify a communicator to make a personal hologram projector for him. Candle, cold and powerless, is at least able to mask his appearance to keep his identity a secret.

Chimera, after one of my players points out the fact, starts falling asleep due to his cold blooded nature. As the group concluded they are not on Earth at all, Chimera informs Sin Girl that if he doesn't get his medication soon, he will become increasingly more aggressive. Sin Girl tries to find out if this is something she can have made herself but this proves to be impossible without knowing the composition to the drug.

The group travels towards what appears to be a ice tower in the distance. Along the way, Striking Tiger goes into her Wolf Form and tries to hunt some food while Candle uses his world travel expertise to help get a camp established. Striking Tiger finds a large bunny and sneaks up on it. She misses on her attack and this causes the large bunny to jump up, scream, "A wolf!" and run away. She tries to chase the rabbit down, switching to her human form, but the Rabbit throws snowballs at her until she leaves.

The following morning, the group finds themselves surrounded by rabbits with spears. The rabbit warriors insist to know if the heroes are servants of the Snow Queen. It doesn't take long before the rabbits are convinced that the heroes are not in allied with her and are on their side. The group is led to a rabbit village and given shelter and food for the night as well as thick warm bear furs to wear while they travel. The rabbits plead with them to defeat the Snow Queen, their evil oppressor. The heroes learn that the Snow Queen has the ability to travel between worlds and decide to go to her castle and investigate further.

Several rabbit warriors join them on the way and they eventually reach the edge of the forest trail that opens up into a large clearing around the castle. Within the nearby field, they see large ice golem and a pack of bears under its control. The group sees a rabbit step forward and shout out how they have new warriors to defeat the queen. This enrages the golem who begins tossing large chunks of snow and ice into the forest. The players advance to attack and find the rabbits are gone.

• 3 weeks later...