[Twisted Game Concept] VG Supers

AdamLeisemann

Re: [Twisted Game Concept] VG Supers

I can imagine the Prince of the Cosmos as a villain of that sort' date=' like Silver Surfer in the second Fantastic Four movie (from what I've heard) but with a more noble ambition.[/quote']

The Surfer wasn't a villain, he was a Herald. They handled it really well for a franchise out of which I had no expectations. I was stunned.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. My Bad. I didn't watch the second movie since the first was so awful' date=' IMO.[/quote']

The Director's Cut was a lot more stomachable, but I wouldn't call it "art." It's a full supers film, and felt like a first shot at establishing a team. The second film I actually had fun watching.

I know. I was shocked too. Note: I'm not saying it's good, or even that you'll like it, but I had fun, which is a lot of why I go to movies.

It bears mentioning that this is theoretically possible in a mainstream Champions Universe game, thanks to the cosmology. IIRC, there's a place called the Imaginal Realms, where everything that's ever been imagined exists. It's just a matter of pulling it through (and watching the copyright lawyers explode).

Hmm. Assuming we limit ourselves to properties that were video games first (as opposed to other media that video games were based on, like Star Wars'n'stuff), my first pick would probably be either Fox McCloud or his galpal Krystal. :)

My list would include:

Sly Cooper or Carmelita Fox (both from the Sly Cooper series)

An incarnation of Link (Legend of Zelda), preferably the one from Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask or the one from Link's Awakening

Samus Aran (Metroid)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy, not exactly certain which one though)

Wendy Koopa (Super Mario Bros.), if I could get away with it

Just out of curiosity, how would it deal with game series that are more multiversal than sequential? I mean like Final Fantasy, where each game is pretty much in a different setting, or possibly Legend of Zelda, since I know there's at least four different incarnations of Princess Zelda and Link the hero.

I'm assuming we're dealing with characters that originated in video games, as opposed to just anybody who's been in one (eg. Luke Skywalker, a zillion superheroes, etc.).

He wouldn't be THE most powerful character available, but playing as Gex would be fun. I really enjoyed those games; and an agile, wisecracking talking lizard who can climb walls (and is constantly quoting movies and T.V.) is smack dab right in the middle of my comfort zone as far as characters are concerned...:rolleyes:

Honestly, I can't imagine a much better fit for me.

Just out of curiosity' date=' how would it deal with game series that are more multiversal than sequential? I mean like Final Fantasy, where each game is pretty much in a different setting, or possibly Legend of Zelda, since I know there's at least four different incarnations of Princess Zelda and Link the hero.[/quote']

Well, As Final Fantasy rarely has continuity between its titles, Digital Actualization would probably lead to more characters. For a LoZ type such as Link, the result could be multiple Links, perhaps wach one having a slightly different personality to suit the game they came from.

He wouldn't be THE most powerful character available' date=' but playing as Gex would be fun. I really enjoyed those games; and an agile, wisecracking talking lizard who can climb walls (and is constantly quoting movies and T.V.) is smack dab [u']right in the middle[/u] of my comfort zone as far as characters are concerned...:rolleyes:

Honestly, I can't imagine a much better fit for me.

Well, I'm glad you find Gex so fitting.

When you think of it, he is actually very much like Spiderman, with a long tongue that makes Gene Simmons (or whoever the guy with the long tongue on Metallica or KISS is) feel insufficient.

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy' date=' not exactly certain which one though)[/quote']

I wasn't even thinking of RPGs. Good call. And if I had to choose, I'd likely go with the original from Final Fantasy VII. Use Mike Surbrook's END Reserve rules for the Limit Break. Nothing says "I love you" like Omnislash. :eg:

A few possibilities have just come to me for things a campaign may cover:

If Bronze/Iron Age: Would Sprites (Video game characters) have the same civil rights as humans? Joe Schmoe can cast a vote, but can Mario or Ratchet? Wou;ld there likely be a "Sprite Hysteria" given the controversy over Video Games and the fact that the characters have now become a reality.

Other Ages: How would relationships work out? Naturally, we all expect Sly and Carmelita to be lovers, but what about Samus Aran/Master Cheif (still a straight relkationship)? What implications would exist there? And, while they came from the games and now exist from the real world, would Nintendo have to Liscense from Mario, Link, Fox and the others? Would Capcom have to liscense from Megaman or Ryu? What if a given sprite ends up in a situation unfit for the game they originated from, like Mario falsely accused of burglary and murder?

Some interesting things to think about...

Yes, I know. :mad:

My daughter saw your thread, over my shoulder, and now wants to know when I'll start running something for her. She's a Poke-fanatic.

Well I have way too many other projects on the stove right now, but when I get some free time (or after I get fired) I'll spend some time on this one. I'll do it for the little children.

It bears mentioning that this is theoretically possible in a mainstream Champions Universe game, thanks to the cosmology. IIRC, there's a place called the Imaginal Realms, where everything that's ever been imagined exists. It's just a matter of pulling it through (and watching the copyright lawyers explode).

Hmm. Assuming we limit ourselves to properties that were video games first (as opposed to other media that video games were based on, like Star Wars'n'stuff), my first pick would probably be either Fox McCloud or his galpal Krystal. :)

Thanks for reminding us, CC. Here, have a doggy treat! :D

And how could I have forgotten either Krystal or Carmelita Fox? :love:

The heck with Pikachu' date=' how about Digimon Tamers' Renamon?[/quote']

I think we were primarily working off properties that were video games first. Pokemon was a video game that got an anime/manga about it, whereas Digimon was an anime/manga first then got a licensed video game.

But yes, if we're going with either one, Renamon is another hottie. I've tried statting her before, but it's a bear to do on 350 without getting overly creative (statting the nearly useless Viximon and giving it Multiforms past 350 points) or, well, the character sucking, though that's relative to the power level ... if you consider Champion level to be 'standard superhero', then you can use Rookie level for thug-beating and Ultimate level for the climactic battles.

Thanks for reminding us' date=' CC. Here, have a doggy treat! :D[/quote']

*nom nom nom*

And how could I have forgotten either Krystal or Carmelita Fox? :love:

I dunno, man. Hard to forget foxy (ba-dump-pish) ladies like them.

(Especially Krystal's Starfox Assault look. HUMINAHUMINAHUMINA.)

Krystal_StarFox_Assault.jpg

(I'm glad my wife already knows I'm a freak.)