Anyone Have PA Hero yet?

Zindil

Re: Anyone Have PA Hero yet?

I got the PDF of PA Hero, and think it's excellent. I had run a Gamma World campaign 20 years ago, and was interested in what PA Hero had to say on the subject ;)

Also, and please forgive the shameless plug here, but when I was working on Traveller Hero, I was thinking that PA Hero would be a great additional source for developing many of the worlds that came crashing down because of Virus in The New Era. Everything from medieval worlds worshiping technology to AI Robots running around shooting people in a sort of Virus hell world.

I finished Post-Apocalyptic Hero last night. I found the book to not have the 'crunch' one normally gets in genre books -- but then, PA is a sub-genre of both DC and SH, so a lot of the stuff you'd want in the way of gear would be found in those books. I also feel remiss in not sending Steve anything dealing with PA and Ninja Hero. So there's no mention of Battle Angel or Fist of the North Star (among others).

The book really shines in the sample PA worlds. Instead of sample characters (which are there as well), you get various forms of PA settings. The most interesting (to me) was Revelations 1001, which was very well written and intriguing to think about. Oh, and I was amused to see that the main villain totals out to be 666 points. I have to wonder how long it took Darren to get that value! I also have to guess that Steve is a big fan of Thundarr, since Moonshattered Earth is an obvious homage to the series.

If people are looking for new things, there's not a whole lot -- except for rules dealing with ruins, salvage, scavenging, and radiation. However, the flavor is in the sample settings, with the lists of mutations and suggestions on how to apply them, not to mention Revelations 1001, which has some great demonic minions for anyone running a fantasy setting that might have need of them.

I give it a two tanks of fuel!

Got my copy Thursday (thanks again, Tina!), just in time for the two PAH games I ran at Tacticon over the weekend. :drink: Now that the con is over, I'm actually reading through it, and I love it. A good mix of crunch & color, and I love the mini-settings. Hope it sells well - it certainly deserves it! (I did my part: one of my players bought the one copy of PAH that was for sale in the dealer room. :celebrate)

Oh, and I was amused to see that the main villain totals out to be 666 points. I have to wonder how long it took Darren to get that value!

He didn't -- that's the one tiny bit of Revelations 1001 that I can take sole credit for. The rest is pure Darren-y coolness.

And yes, I am a big Thundarr fan. Demon dogs!

He didn't -- that's the one tiny bit of Revelations 1001 that I can take sole credit for. The rest is pure Darren-y coolness.

I'm amazed at how many people, when told of the setting, can't guess the guy's point total.

My copy will arrive next week...

But - should I read Ultimate Energy Projector first, or Post-Apocalypse Hero first...decisions

My copies of both will be arriving next week too -- possibly as early as today, but much more likely next Monday or Tuesday. (Along with them are four other recent books -- CU:NotW, VVV, TM, and EI -- replacement copies for my worn-out TE and AW, and a top secret treat that I won't reveal at this time.)

Which to read first depends on what you're going to do with them. Both will be affecting my future Star Hero articles as well as Space Wizards, but between the two I'm planning to delve into PAH first.

My copies of both will be arriving next week too -- possibly as early as today, but much more likely next Monday or Tuesday. (Along with them are four other recent books -- CU:NotW, VVV, TM, and EI -- replacement copies for my worn-out TE and AW, and a top secret treat that I won't reveal at this time.)

Which to read first depends on what you're going to do with them. Both will be affecting my future Star Hero articles as well as Space Wizards, but between the two I'm planning to delve into PAH first.

Both are being reviewed.

I won't be picking up VVV for a review until CU:CotN and CCC are both released.

You'll like TM and EI, both are awesome.