Post-Apocalyptic Hero

General Markov

Okay......so, I don't have a copy of Post-Apocalypse yet (I'm still trying to find a credit company dumb... I mean acomodating enough to give me a credit card), but I've been GMing a PA game for a few months and can wait to throw new creepy stuff at my players. This thread should be about PA resources: writeups of classic PA character, pics, video and other stuff related to PA. Also, it would be cool to discuss the new rules in PAH. Wich rules do you use? All, some or none?

This is my frist thread, AND english is not my frist language, so any advice on thread etiquette and english grammar 101 (presented in a non-condescending way:winkgrin:) is more than welcome.

General Markov, AKA the RCZ (radioactive-cannibalistic-zombie) scalps collector

Re: Post-Apocalyptic Hero

Re: the credit card... try a pre-paid card. I've been doing that for my occasional online shopping, and it works great. (I'm pretty sure those things are as available in Canada as in the US.) Or write an article or for Digital Hero; you can get paid in Hero books, at half price.

As for the book and its genre... I'm still waiting on my copy too. :(

Mad Max

Like I said before, I'm probably lacking in thread etiquette, so I don't know if it's in bad taste to link to the site of an active user (one who is a pretty big PA fan, as far as I can tell), but hey, if in fact it's wrong to do it, Susano will probably have me kill before you read this post. So, I'm mean, I'm a dead man, so what do I care what you thinks about may computer-manners.

Mad Max, the Man, the Legend

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/madmax.html

General Markov, third Emperor of Neo-Moscow, DC

Re: Mad Max

Like I said before, I'm probably lacking in thread etiquette, so I don't know if it's in bad taste to link to the site of an active user (one who is a pretty big PA fan, as far as I can tell), but hey, if in fact it's wrong to do it, Susano will probably have me kill before you read this post. So, I'm mean, I'm a dead man, so what do I care what you thinks about may computer-manners.

Mad Max, the Man, the Legend

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/madmax.html

Soon to be exapanded to the rest of the major characters from Mad Max I & II. I also have a character sheet for the Six-String Samurai in this section of the boards -- he goes up on my website tonight.

Re: Mad Max

Like I said before' date=' I'm probably lacking in thread etiquette, so I don't know if it's in bad taste to link to the site of an active user (one who is a pretty big PA fan, as far as I can tell), but hey, if in fact it's wrong to do it, Susano will probably have me kill before you read this post.[/quote']

Don't worry, people link to my stuff all the time. I can't be everywhere y'know.

Don't worry about that. He sent them after me a couple of years ago' date=' and I haven't gotten around to sending them back. (They're really good at helping carry laundry.)[/quote']

The one I got has back problems, so he can't really help me with heavy load, but he's such a good listener....

(see, I learned how to the quote thing)

FWIW, here's the "program blurb" for the PAH game I ran 2 tables of at Tacticon last weekend. I can post more if anyone's interested.

The Ashes of Denver: Five years ago, a mysterious alien probe released a virus that altered human DNA. “Bio-forming” the news called it: an attempt to remake us in the aliens’ image. Within three years, nearly a fourth of the human population had been…changed. Most of the rest either died when their bodies rejected the virus, or were driven mad by it. Barely 1% of the populace retained their humanity. Now they pick through the ruins of their once-great civilization, looking for food, shelter, and the means to stay alive just a little longer. But in the outskirts of Denver, one group of survivors is about to discover the last thing they expected: Hope.

I'd really like to know what that 1/4 of the world's population was "changed" into.

1/4 of the world's population was changed into ...something!

That's what it is. ...Something. The ... is important.

Just having a bit of fun with you, BDH. I've written game blurbs like that myself. :D

Republicans?

:tsk:;)

And sorry, no tentacles either. In short:

~1/2 the population died when their bodies rejected the virus.

~1/4 turned into "aliens" -- humanoid, but with greyish skin, pale hair, almost albinos, but without the pink eyes. More significant were the mental changes, the Greys (as they are colloquially known) have low-level telepathic powers and a semi-hive-mind intelligence.

And for ~1/4 it had the opposite effect, turning people into brutish Neanderthall-like savages.

I have illusions of cleaning up the scenario and posting it ot the LOH board, in case anyone else wants to run it for a con/demo game. But since I start a new job Monday, I doubt it'll happen soon.