[for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

JmOz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Depends on who's writing the script, I suppose.

My choice... it's the Fonz.

Wait a minute... Harbinger's got... A GUN!!! :shock:

well I did say unarmed, but even so, The Fonze snaps his finger, the harbinger is amazed as the gun falls apart =)

well I did say unarmed' date=' but even so, The Fonze snaps his finger, the harbinger is amazed as the gun falls apart =)[/quote']This is more or less how I figure it'd go down: the Fonz displays just enough "tough" and "cool" to let Harby know he's in way over his head, and lets Harby choose the better part of valor. It's Fonzie's usual M.O.

There'd never be a fight. The Harbinger might initially see Fonzarelli as a hood, but before anything could go down, he'd discover that Fonzie was only in the alley because he was bailing Richie, Potsie, and Ralph out of some kind of trouble. Realizing that no one who was friends with such harmless nerds could really be a bad guy, Harbinger decides that appearances were deceiving in Fonzie's case, and leaves. :)

well I did say unarmed' date=' but even so, The Fonze snaps his finger, the harbinger is amazed as the gun falls apart =)[/quote']

Good Point!!! The Fonz is just "uber-cool". His cool is more powerful than "The Force".

There'd never be a fight. The Harbinger might initially see Fonzarelli as a hood' date=' but before anything could go down, he'd discover that Fonzie was only in the alley because he was bailing Richie, Potsie, and Ralph out of some kind of trouble. Realizing that no one who was friends with such harmless nerds could really be a bad guy, Harbinger decides that appearances were deceiving in Fonzie's case, and leaves. :)[/quote']

Ah, and there is Harbinger's "fatal flaw". :tsk: He has assumed that because of whom he associates with, The Fonz could not possibly be a threat.

The Fonz wins!!!

AAAYYYYY!!! :thumbup:

Suckers. Sorry, the Harbinger isn't going to be 'out cooled' by the Fonz. I love him too, but a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command isn't going to really stand up to the CU version of Batman.

C'mon guys. :rolleyes:

Suckers. Sorry' date=' the Harbinger isn't going to be 'out cooled' by the Fonz. I love him too, but a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command isn't going to really stand up to the CU version of Batman.[/quote']You might reconsider that stance once we point out that the CU version of Batman is actually Nighthawk. ;)

And Fonzie's "cool" is more than just "a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command." He can fix practically anything with a strike in the right spot. For crying out loud, he once silenced a forest full of noisy animals with the words, "COOL IT!" (Followed by, "Let's see Tarzan do that!") The Fonz is not just cool, he's Champions-level cool.

You might reconsider that stance once we point out that the CU version of Batman is actually Nighthawk. ;)

And Fonzie's "cool" is more than just "a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command." He can fix practically anything with a strike in the right spot. For crying out loud, he once silenced a forest full of noisy animals with the words, "COOL IT!" (Followed by, "Let's see Tarzan do that!") The Fonz is not just cool, he's Champions-level cool.

There is also his reputation for unsurpassed toughness in a fight. Granted, we almost never saw him actually fight someone. However, I do recall one occasion on which a whole gang of toughs was prepared to rumble with him. Fonzie requested a moment to "warm up" first, which he did by hitting the two bathroom doors at Arnold's once each with his open palm in quick succession, knocking both of them off their hinges. Which promptly ended the fight. :cool:

I must agree with a lot of people: the Fonz rules. Nobody could defeat his god-like coolness. The Fonz would probably hit the Blue-Moon Killer one time' date=' and the poor guy would fall into tiny pieces.[/quote']I don't think The Fonz would ever even hit him. Fonzie's all about PRE... not attacks. He wins every conflict by either convincing the other side that fighting's the wrong thing to do, or by cowing the other side so much they're afraid to fight him.

Since I don't see Harbinger being cowed by anybody, no matter what their PRE, I figure Fonz will somehow demonstrate to Harbinger that -- in this situation -- fighting ain't cool. :cool:

Granted' date=' we almost never saw him actually fight someone.[/quote']

In fact, I don't believe he was ever shown fighting anyone remotely in his league. I'm not counting pushing around the local yokels.

"Da Fonz" is a small-time hood with more charm than usual, the sense to hang out with non-hoods, and a Transform between broken and unbroken states (for mechanisms only).

H of J has a 75 point unarmed Martial Art, including +5 Damage Classes. H of J will come out of the alley standing. "Da Fonz" will come out, well, flowing. As in, "Ambulance Unit 16, proceed to Silas St., to alley between 23rd Ave. and Needham Ave. for a mop&bucket job."

I don't think The Fonz would ever even hit him. Fonzie's all about PRE... not attacks. He wins every conflict by either convincing the other side that fighting's the wrong thing to do, or by cowing the other side so much they're afraid to fight him.

Since I don't see Harbinger being cowed by anybody, no matter what their PRE, I figure Fonz will somehow demonstrate to Harbinger that -- in this situation -- fighting ain't cool. :cool:

Sorry, this doesn't fit the original scenario:

Both Unarmed' date=' both in an alley, only one is coming out of the alley standing, who would it be?[/quote']

So, no talking the H of J out of fighting. Unless "Da Fonz" crawls out on hands and knees. :snicker:

Actually, Fonzie did fight a few times, although one was done offscreen. That last one occurred when he thought he'd found his long-lost mother, and a local tough sassed her. The Fonz took the guy out back. A moment later, the tough reemerged and fell down unconscious. Then the Fonz came back onscreen looking cool.

God, it's amazing I know all this Happy Days trivia. I freaked out my sister with it once.

In fact, I don't believe he was ever shown fighting anyone remotely in his league. I'm not counting pushing around the local yokels.

"Da Fonz" is a small-time hood with more charm than usual, the sense to hang out with non-hoods, and a Transform between broken and unbroken states (for mechanisms only).

H of J has a 75 point unarmed Martial Art, including +5 Damage Classes. H of J will come out of the alley standing. "Da Fonz" will come out, well, flowing. As in, "Ambulance Unit 16, proceed to Silas St., to alley between 23rd Ave. and Needham Ave. for a mop&bucket job."

But did Harby ever jump over a shark on water skis? :D

Don't get me wrong, the Fonz raised cool to a martial art form, but remember the medium here... were talking comic books.

I've pretty sure I saw some silver age representations of the Fonz in four color.

There aren't enough Hostess Fruit Pies in the world to let him beat Harby.

Hence my constant insistence that there was no way in the twelve hellz he'd take him down. BMK I don't know nearly as much about.

Since you appear to be a bit confused on this point: "The Blue Moon Killer" is a common nickname for the Harbinger of Justice, especially in the underworld and among law enforcement. It comes from both his mask, which has a blue crescent shape down the side of his face through the left eye; and his "calling card" with the same blue crescent drawn on it, which he leaves at the scene of one of his attacks on crime.