[for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

JmOz

Re: [for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Actually I see a short lived team up. They would meet, the Harbringer and the Fonz and the Harbringer would find that the Fonz has an incredible amount of influence in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. He will first try and intimidate the Fonz and find that with his rather impressive PRE that he is unaffected. Then he will find that even Harbringer's hand may be lethal weapons the Fonz hands are personal friends of his.

So I see the Blue Moon Killer deciding that more meets the eye concerning this guy and will simply asks him what he knows. The Fonz, being concerned about the neighborhood will insist on tagging along.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading through the past 36 hours of this thread, it occurs to me that Fonzie would probably have something like 75% Damage Reduction as a part of his Coolness Factor -- he just keeps going, because getting knocked out would be uncool. If we assume that our two boys will come to fisticuffs, that would give Fonzie the edge (though I don't recall whether Harby has a similar ability in his current write-up).

Just reading through the past 36 hours of this thread' date=' it occurs to me that Fonzie would probably have something like 75% Damage Reduction as a part of his Coolness Factor -- he just keeps going, because getting knocked out would be uncool. If we assume that our two boys [i']will[/i] come to fisticuffs, that would give Fonzie the edge (though I don't recall whether Harby has a similar ability in his current write-up).

And Knockback Resistance (too cool to fall over and look silly).

I vote the Fonz. He's just too COOL.

IMO it all comes down to what meta-reality this encounter is set in. The Harbinger of Justice belongs in an Iron Age comic book, where killers are king, and the HoJ is the most accomplished killer in his jungle. In that environment benign and relatively nonviolent characters are almost always helpless in the face of true ruthlessness, so if it came to a fight Fonzie would be mulched.

OTOH the Fonz is a beloved starring character in a sitcom. Sitcom worlds are mostly bright and cheerful, with good people usually being rewarded and bad ones punished. In Fonzie's Milwaukee cool rules, and killing someone is most definitely uncool. Hence Harby would be undone by some improbable but poetically just application of Fonzarelli coolness.

The Fonz will just offer to set up the Harbinger with a couple of lovely ladies. The lovely ladies will turn out to be Laverne and Shirley, who will then make mincemeat out of poor old Harby, if he doesn't run away screaming first.

And I maintain that he has no chance against the HoJ. Sorry. I stand by my original statement; the question is, "Two go in, one comes out, who is it?"

It's Harbinger.

As per my earlier post about context, in an Iron Age comic I absolutely agree with you. On Happy Days Harby would come out with his hands tied with his own gunbelt, and his pants around his ankles.

Sorry, this doesn't fit the original scenario:

So, no talking the H of J out of fighting. Unless "Da Fonz" crawls out on hands and knees. :snicker:

The Fonz either comes out on his motorcycle, or carried by the recently graduated class of Cheerleaders. :eg:

Then there is the H of J's common sense. He REALLY would not want to have to kill most of the females in a 100 mile radius. :nonp:

And I maintain that he has no chance against the HoJ. Sorry. I stand by my original statement; the question is, "Two go in, one comes out, who is it?"

It's Harbinger.

The original question also included the tag [for fun]. ^_-

Well, what if Harby was cousin Roger, played by Ted McGinley... then Fonzie would have to worry about Harby jumping the shark as well...

Or Arnold and Daniel-san... oh wait... that's different.

And wouldn't both of them have to avoid that cop that was brought on to try and get rid of the leather jackets? What was his name?

Do I know too much about Happy Days?

In that event' date=' Harby would have zero chance. Fonzie gets a massive Aid when defending his friends, and Marion Cunningham is #2 right behind Joanie.[/quote']

Indeed. I suppose that the Aid just might be too overwhelming for HoJ...especially if Mrs C wasn't wearing her apron and thus inspiring Fonzie further.

Toughest fight Fonzie ever faced: vs. Mork from Ork.

Which was a draw until Mork threatened to, what, vaporize the solar system or something? At which point Fonzie submitted for the sake of protecting his friends.

If Harbie can vaporize the solar system, he wins.

Anything short of that, well, it's like HoJ is Spiderman vs. a Herald of Galactus.