[Spoilers] Updating Rayearth

Michael Hopcroft

I figured I'd give the new Export Format a try and asee what I could do as far as updating Hikaru from rayearth's character sheet from Surbrook's Stuff.

[b]Hikaru Shidou - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
12    STR     2   12      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [1]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
15    CON     10   15      12-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
16    INT     6   16      12-       PER Roll 12-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
22    COM     7   22      13-
8    PD      6   8/23             8/23 PD (0/15 rPD)
8    ED      5   8/23             8/23 ED (0/15 rED)
4    SPD     10   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8    REC     6   8
50    END     10   50
40    STUN    14   40
10    RUN      0   10"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
12    LEAP     0   12"                12" forward, 6" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 140[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
24     [b][i]Magic Knight Powers[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 60-point powers,  (30 Active Points); all slots Only when in Cephiro's Dimension (-1/4) - END=
24     1)  [b][i]magic Knight's Protection[/i][/b]: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); Only when in Cephiro's Dimension (-1/4) - END=0
17     2)  [b][i]Hon'ou no Ya (Flame Arrow)[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Only when in Cephiro's Dimension (-1/4) - END=5
17     3)  [b][i]Escudo Sword[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3 1/2d6 (18 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only when in Cephiro's Dimension (-1/4) - END=2
10     [b][i]Extraoridinary leaping[/i][/b]: Leaping +10" (12" forward, 6" upward) - END=1
8     [b][i]Extraordinary Running[/i][/b]: Running +4" (10" total) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 100[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
4      Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      Evade:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
5      Running Stroke:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon  +v/5; FMove
5      Slashing Stroke:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Strike
0      Weapon Element:  Blades
1      Weapon Element:  Empty Hand (Bind, Block, Disarm, Evade, Takeaway maneuvers only)

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 19[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
9      +3 with Martial Maneuvers
5      Acrobatics 14-
2      Animal Handler (Canines) 13-
3      Breakfall 13-
2      KS: Analyze Style 11-
2      KS: Kendo 11-
1      KS: Cephiro Court etiquette 8-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 24[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
128      Vehicles & Bases

[b]PERKS Cost: 128[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     Distinctive Features:  Vertically Challenged (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25     Hunted:  Autozam 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
20     Normal Characteristic Maxima
15     Physical Limitation:  Young (15 years old) (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)
25     Psychological Limitation:  Extremely brave (Never runs or retreats) (Very Common, Total)
25     Psychological Limitation:  Loyal to Umi and Fuu (Very Common, Total)
25     Psychological Limitation:  Honorable (Very Common, Total)
0     Psychological Limitation:  Naive (Very Common, Strong, Custom Adder)
0     Psychological Limitation:  Guilt-ridden over Cephiro's fate (Uncommon, Strong, Custom Adder)
0     Social Limitation:  Defender of what remains of Cephiro (Very Frequently, Severe, Custom Adder)
20     Watched:  Mokona 14- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 170[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 41
Total Exp Available: 42
Exp Unspent: 1
Total Character Cost: 411

Background/History: A year before, Hikaru Shidou had been one of three Magic Knights summoned to the alternative dimension of Cephiro to save it by becoming magic Knights, binding the "Machin" to themselves, and rescuing the Princess Emeraude (Pillar of the World) from her cruel captor Zagato. She and her friends Umi and Fuu accomplished all of this, only to find the truth was nothing like they could have imagined: Emeraude's imprisonment had been voluntary, Zagato was her lover that her position forbade her to possess, and when the Magic Knights killed him her grief led her to attack them, forcing them to slay her as well -- and this was exactly the way Emeraude herself had planned for things to go. At that instant, the three had returned to Earth, forever bound together and eternally scarred by what they had done.

The next year, the three girls reunited at Tokyo Tower and again found themselves in Cephiro. There they found that, far from saving the other world, they had doomed it: the very planet was disintegrating around the royal palace. The only hope for salvation was for someone to be found worthy of taking Emeraude's place as Pillar of the World. Making matters worse, invading forces from three other worlds, most notably the technologically advanced Autozam, had come seeking that power for themselves. Bound once again to the Machin Rayearth and with all the powers of a Magic Knight restored to her, Hikaru was charged with the task of defending Cephiro until the Pillar could be found, with her former enemies who had served Zagato as allies.

Personality/Motivation: Hikaru is still a bundle of energy and nerve, but she is no longer the cheerful girl she was. Her joy in life died the moment Rayearth's blade thrust into Emeraude's heart. In her year on Earth, she had been seeking some reason to justify continuing to go on, and now that she is back on Cephiro she still seeks that reason. Her hope is that finding the Pillar will also reveal her answers. Complicating matters still further is her awakening sexuality: while the year before she hadn't noticed guys all that much, Hikaru finds herself strongly attracted both to the Autozam leader Eagle Vision and to Zagato's brooding younger brother Lantis. That both appear to return the attraction further complicates matters.

Quote: "It wasn't right!"

Powers/Tactics: Despite the grimness of her current plight, Hikaru's martial abilities are still formidable. Although her magic Knight powers are stronger than ever, she now has at-will access to Rayearth, a powerful magical mecha, which she will pilot into serious battles (such as against the mecha of Autozam). Although she is still almost suicidally brave, she is no berserker, nor is she a killer: Hikaru will always try to use just the amount of force needed to neutralize the treat and no more -- having sworn that, if at all possible, the life of Emeraude is the last life she will ever take.

Note: I'm trying to figure out a way to reflect Hikaru's somewhat odd sense of personal judgment. Very few people from her culture would see a love triangle that had nearly destroyed two civilizations and decide that POLYANDRY was a perfectly rational solution. I don't know whether she was being unconventional or just not that clueful.