People with Powers

Doctor Agenda

Re: People with Powers

Those are the ones I worry about, too. The fanboy who can summon gynoids might be icky, but at least they're gynoids and not real people. The guy that wants to be able to control the minds of women so he can take sexual advantage of them will be a serial rapist.

The OCs and schizophrenics may be pitiable, but they are also likely going to have to be gotten off the street. Change Environments, Mental Illusions, whispering in people's heads...I think I'm going to have to break out Over the Edge to get ideas for powers worthy of our mentally ill brethren and sistren.

I think I need to get some more demographics: number of people institutionalized and incarcerated (and for what), number of serial killers believed to be at large, number of millionaires, etc.

Remember the schizophrenics are getting what they want, and mostly they want people/things to stop bothering them. They don't want their delusions to become real because they think they already are. The only problem would be if some of them wanted other people to believe in them. That would prove they're not crazy after all. Most of all they'd want the power to defeat whatever they thought was acting against them. They might even become superheroes. Especially if those that spend more than 50% of their time battling things others can see.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: People with Powers

And not just from escapes. "I can grow foot long razor sharp claws and I don't bleed anymore. Who's the bitch now?" There will be a period of readjustment of "political" power to the realities of "military" power inside the prisons. I'd estimate a 25%-75% fatality rate amoung current gang leaders. In many cases this is not such a bad thing.

Hell you might even get people breaking IN to settle scores with inmates. Ayrian Nation for instance has pissed off a LOT of people.

In my setting (similar enough to yours to be confusing at times) prisons are prime recruiting grounds for combat alts to send to war zones--commuted sentence and a decent salary in return for military duty, and you don't have to figure out how to hold them without comic book technology. Of course all this was after the initial wave of prison riots ran their course. Now I'm thinking gangs might be a good source of recruits, a lot of them could be had for less than six figures and bangers are more likely to have combat alts than the general population. I hadn't thought about Alts breaking into prison, but it makes sense.

• 4 months later...