Steampunk Campaign Ideas

BoneDaddy

Re: Steampunk Campaign Ideas

There was one game that I found that gave me heaping mounds of inspiration for the realm that my current gaming group is working on. If anyone has ever played the game Siberia' date=' then you're in for a treat. The game is an old-school style point and click adventure. Siberia had many underlying themes such as modernism, commercialization, and the notion of "do machines have feelings or a soul?" hidden underneath its trappings. While the game itself isn't entirely steampunk its automatons and rustic feel were a great inspiration point that I thought I'd share with everyone.[/quote']

I think you mean Syberia and Syberia 2. There were some fun moments (especially the cinematic sequences) in the second game, though I didn't find it quite as enjoyable as the first one. You can find both games in a double package, in Best Buy or Wal-Mart or both.

Re: Steampunk Campaign Ideas

Surfing off BoneDaddy's Hanging Monasteries post (for which, props & Rep), I saw the following, which I didn't see cited elsewhere in the Pulp Hero threads:

Steampunk Art Update

Some really spiffy stuff there. I especially dig the Necropathic Spectregraph (vacuum-tube-powered Ouija board?) & Panzermecha (which is what it sounds like).

Very cool.