Home Guard Hero

Crimson Arrow

Sorry, this is a slightly jokey topic, based on something "V" and I have been mentioning on another thred.

How would you build the "Dad's Army" characters?

Most would have the "Age" disadvantage.

I was thinking Mainwaring with a fairly high PRE, but only for defence (he nevers seems phased by anyone from the Vicar through to Nazi submarine Captains), plus Fringe Benefit: Captain of the Home Guard. Hunted: Warden Hodges 11-, plus possibly the Verger on 8-. Maybe even Mrs. Mainwaring?

Sgt. Wilson obviously has a high PRE, plus High Society and perhaps Seduction ("Uncle Arthur...). Psych Lim. "Compelled to Act Slightly Superior".

Corporal Jones seems to have quite a high DEX (for a man of his age), plus he's one of the few who actually knows how to fight. WF in Grenades, Spears (bayonets) and Rifles I'd say. Definitely the "Combat Monster" of the group.

Godfrey has Paramedic, plus a slightly embarrassing Physical Limitation. How frequently does it go off?

WIlson - I liked "V"'s suggestion about pre-cognition, but he is frequently wrong, so maybe with the Vague and Unclear Limitation and perhaps an Activation Roll.

Walker clearly had Bribery, Persuasion and Trading, possibly also Seduction (usually involving the promise of some nylons).

Pike might be a DNPC for Wilson. PS: Whiner 14-. KS: Silly Songs 14-. Phys. Lim. "Stupid Boy!"

Anyone else:

a) actually understand what I'm on about; and

B) have any further ideas for Warmington-on-Sea's finest?

Note: This is supposed to be a joke. Normally that implies something which is funny, so my humblest apologies.

Do you reckon the Vicar could turn undead?

Also- Jones was indeed suspiciously sprightly... I'm guessing he was actually a much younger man, probably one of the (genuine historical bit!) incredibly secret auxiliaries trained & equipped by the SOE to be a resistance-in-place in the event of a Nazi invasion. Over 500 underground bunkers were created throughout England and locals trained in sabotage and assassination (including being equipped with state of the art weaponry)... made the "Home Guard" look a bit poor really.

Godfrey's Physical Limitation is almost certainly a ruse to allow him to change into his Heroic Identity.

(edit to remove embarassing evidence that I included an idea that Crimson Arrow had already mentioned re: Hodges... sloppy, V, very sloppy)

Originally posted by "V"

Do you reckon the Vicar could turn undead?

Also- Jones was indeed suspiciously sprightly... I'm guessing he was actually a much younger man, probably one of the (genuine historical bit!) incredibly secret auxiliaries trained & equipped by the SOE to be a resistance-in-place in the event of a Nazi invasion. Over 500 underground bunkers were created throughout England and locals trained in sabotage and assassination (including being equipped with state of the art weaponry)... made the "Home Guard" look a bit poor really.

Godfrey's Physical Limitation is almost certainly a ruse to allow him to change into his Heroic Identity.

And don't forget the package deal has to include Hodges as a Hunted...

I think that the Vicar might have turned already. ;)

Corporal Jones as a secretly trained killer elite commando, in deep cover as a butcher? Could be. Hmm, maybe the "don't panic" thing was merely a cunning ruse enabling him to run around and take stock of the situation.

Yes, Godfrey had a secret id, that makes sense. Conscientious Objector Man ("Conny" for for short).

Probably right about Hodges. Everyone had him as a Hunter on 8-, save Mainwaring, who got an extra 5 points.