Casting "Champions Universe: The Motion Picture"

Derek Hiemforth

Re: Casting "Champions Universe: The Motion Picture"

Actually' date=' looking at the pic, I'm thinking Talisman more than Mind Slayer...[/quote']

That does seem a better fit to me too.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned James Earl Jones for any voice-acting. Although having him do Mechanon or Dr. Destroyer might be a little... odd.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one's mentioned James Earl Jones for any voice-acting. Although having him do Mechanon or Dr. Destroyer might be a little... odd.

Well, he voiced Darth Vader in the first trilogy. I'd say he could do a great job voicing either Mechanon or Doctor D.

That would be perfect, just put it in the backstory of creating Mechanon.

(Marksman is running his final diagnositics.)

Mechanon: "Good evening, sir. If you are finished, I would like to start preparing dinner. Plus, the other hereoes will be returning from their shift soon and some of them are wounded."

Rose: "He sounds like James Earl Jones."

Marksman: "The fact that he used the same software as Steven Hawkings bothered me, so I changed his voice."

Rose: (sarcastically) "Darth Vader is so much better."

Marksman: "No, no, it's perfect, Mechanon say, 'Welcome to Homestead'"

Mechanon: "Welcome to Homestead"

Rose: "'You underestimate the power of the Darkside.'"

Mechanon: "I do not understand, what is Darkside?"

Marksman: "Nevermind, state your prime directives."

Mechanon: "I am the Mechanon-series Robot. Directive One: I am to follow the orders of any Champion. Directive Two: Help humanity as long as it does not disobey Directive One. Directive Three: "

Rose: (sarcastically with a deep voice) "Destroy the Organics."

Marksman: "Rose!" (pause) "Ok, tomorrow I'll change it. Mechanon, execute orders."

View from Mechanon shows "Priority One Order: Destroy the Organics" on his head-up display.

Mechanon: "Very well. I shall make the preperations."

That would be perfect, just put it in the backstory of creating Mechanon.

(Marksman is running his final diagnositics.)

Mechanon: "Good evening, sir. If you are finished, I would like to start preparing dinner. Plus, the other hereoes will be returning from their shift soon and some of them are wounded."

Rose: "He sounds like James Earl Jones."

This might be very interesting if this was still the origin story for Mechanon. As it is, Marksman and Rose never existed in the CU.

Well, the last time we discussed this topic--

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42596&highlight=Champions+Movie

I posted these suggestions--

I'd rather have Michael Clark Duncan as Dark Seraph.

Sir Ian McKellen could be Doctor Destroyer--he's one of the few I can think of who looks as old as Destroyer is supposed to be. (No offense to Sir Ian.)

Mechanon is depcited by a cross of CGI and animatronics courtesy of Stan Winston Studios. Its voice is the Cylon Centurion voice from the original Battlestar Galactica.

Mark Hamill is a good choice for Foxbat, as is Paul Reubens. But someone else on a thread long ago suggested Johnny Depp, and that's who I'm going with.

Bruce Campbell should be the Champions version of Silver Age Superman, Vanguard. I think he'd be great as the ultimate hero who makes the ultimate sacrifice.

As For the Champions--

Defender------Matthew McConaghey

Nighthawk----Vin Diesel

Sapphire------Christina Aguilera

Witchcraft-----Sorry, I got nothin'

Ironclad-------Christopher Judge

Kinetik---------Tyrese

I've said before that Robert Picardo would be perfect for Beamline, and I have great confidence that he will eventually escape into the 5th Edition Universe.

Since then, I've decided that Jennifer Love Hewitt would be great as Witchcraft.

Also--

While others have suggested Mark Hamill as Foxbat, I'd like to see him go all dark and twisted--as Blowtorch.

And I'd like to see James Callis (Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica) go all sinister as Giles de Morphant--the Black Paladin.

And while I thought Billy Zane made a great hero as The Phantom, I think he'd be great as Holocaust, or perhaps VIPER's Supreme Serpent.

I also think Zane would work well as Menton. He's handsome enough and could do understated evil quite easily.

As for directors--I'm thinking either Robert Rodriguez or Bryan Singer. Perhaps both.

Should we get Kurt Busiek to write the screenplay, or does someone on these boards want to take a crack at it?

And I want Alex Ross to do the movie posters. I think we can all agree on that--:thumbup:

Never saw it. Just what was the film about' date=' and no offense, but what did a black guy have to do with the Kings of Scotland?[/quote']

The flick was about Idi Amin (dictator of Uganda) and the title was in reference to MacBeth (I believe).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455590/

(Actaully, the title is NOT a MacBeth reference)