Mad, Beautiful Ideas

Michael Hopcroft

Re: Mad, Beautiful Ideas

I happen to like T&J because it keeps the flexibility without bogging down the way most Champions games do. Even the broad strokes make character creation easier.

However, better suited to topic; I have come up with "mad beautiful ideas" but very few of them become playable in the HERO system because by their nature, they tend to be overpowered by HERO standards. Here's some of them:

Reinard the Fox: A living cartoon. Build can be found here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46981 This character is currently undergoing a rewrite to expand upon ideas discussed from a game he was in that went defunct because the GM ran out of steam.

The Morfox: A "spell golem" pure metamorph with no true form of its own. Simply needed way too big a point base, including the cosmic power pool used for shapeshifting.

K. Dogma: A megalomaniac dog with psychic powers, much akin to a canine M. Bison. My brother statted him up after an attempt I made (neither one of us can do master villains. My brother is too point-efficient (being an accountant and all) and I am just not efficient enough.)

And yeah, I know, I presented anthropomorphic animal characters, but so what...

My buddy had AirBear, a cigar chomping teddybear looking alien with lil' cupid wings, kamikaze rising sun head band, shrunk to fit Iron Maiden t-shirt, submachine gun, grenades, and a really bad attitude..

Another had FireCracker, a guy who made his millions designing and selling fireworks who became a superhero.

And Ginsu - Actually, he wasn't really that funny, a really good martial artist with a LOT of really sharp knives.. but his name allways cracked me up.

-CraterMaker

i guess the maddest one I currently have under depelopment is THE SILVER LORD

London's midnight Defender

by day bumbling magazine editor, eccentric conservative MP and mayoral candidate

By night mystically transformed into the leather clad, silver haired, vigilante defender of the capitol.

based on the real life politician Boris Johnson

p.s. Theron that was indeed an awesome issue of The Order

i guess the maddest one I currently have under depelopment is THE SILVER LORD

London's midnight Defender

by day bumbling magazine editor, eccentric conservative MP and mayoral candidate

By night mystically transformed into the leather clad, silver haired, vigilante defender of the capitol.

based on the real life politician Boris Johnson

p.s. Theron that was indeed an awesome issue of The Order

Your MPs are crimefighters in their secret lives? That's awesome. Our legislators are all sex fiends of one sort or another.

Well, there was George. He was a Janitor. The Universe liked George. He had no superhuman powers, save one--even normal human characteristics. The power was that if you hurt George, the Universe healed him, protected him, and transferred the damage you did to him back to you. (long funky write up)

He was a great janitor. Refused to do any super-heroing. He was paid to mop, not fight evil. Taken hostage once, a superspeeder tried to run up and auto-fire punch the villain holding him. He rolled an 18, and had some unluck, so I rulesd he auto-fire punched George by accident, and quickly beat himself to unconsciousness.

Never developed it, but he was related to Bob, the Janitor of Limbo.

Well, there was George. He was a Janitor. The Universe liked George. He had no superhuman powers, save one--even normal human characteristics. The power was that if you hurt George, the Universe healed him, protected him, and transferred the damage you did to him back to you. (long funky write up)

He was a great janitor. Refused to do any super-heroing. He was paid to mop, not fight evil. Taken hostage once, a superspeeder tried to run up and auto-fire punch the villain holding him. He rolled an 18, and had some unluck, so I rulesd he auto-fire punched George by accident, and quickly beat himself to unconsciousness.

Never developed it, but he was related to Bob, the Janitor of Limbo.

I'm reminded of the janitor at IOU.