Query's Art & Stuff Thread

Querysphinx

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Query's Art & Stuff Thread

Sihn'ba is a character I hope to play in Mallet's pulp hero, Hero Central campaign.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1500116#post1500116

newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1481483picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=328

Whenever I hear someone mention the phrase 'veiled threat' from now on, this is what I'll be thinking of.

Excellent work, all of them. Apogee is particularly nice. Repped.

Rio

"Wow!

Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise.

Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

With a step to your left and a flick to the right

You catch that mirror way out west

You know you're something special and you look like you're the best.

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand.

Just like that river twisting through a dusty land.

And when she shines she really shows you all she can

Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande.

I've seen you on the beach and I've seen you on T.V.

Two, of a billion stars, it means so much to me

Like a birthday or a pretty view

But then I'm sure that you know it's just for you

Hey now (wow), look at that. Did he really run you down?

At the end of the drive, the lawmen arrive you make me feel

alive alive alive

I'll take my chance 'cause luck is on my side

I tell you something I know what you're thinking

I tell you something, I know what you're thinking

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Just like that river twists across a dusty land.

And when she shines she really shows you all she can.

Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande

Her name is Rio she don't need to understand

I might find her if I'm looking like I can

Oh Rio Rio hear them shout across the land

From mountains in the North down to the Rio Grande"

Duran Duran

And now for something completely different. This started out as the origin story for a character, but it's grown into something more than that. It's sort of becoming a serial Novella.

So for those of you who want a really good read. I give you.

Behind the 8-Ball

If enough people read it. I will write more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it's fun to try drawing with very limited media, in this case a medium tip ball point pen.

It's Plastyque, my Justice Squadron character.

Nice, work. Great detail. She sure looks ticked though. Remind me to not have WildCard get on her bad side.

I can't wait to see the team picture. ;)

Another pic of Quick, just cause I was in the mood.

Breaking the fourth wall barrier.

One of the best action shots I've seen, Query (not just the best of yours, I mean the best in general). The action pose of the moving figure is wonderful, the way she seems balanced in motion, even with one foot lifted; she looks as if this is her snapshot, capturing her in mid-run.

It's not just her feet and legs that contribute to the feeling of motion, either; her entire body seems involved in the movement, the effort showing in her arms, shoulders, chest...even in the set of her jaw. Yes, this is great fun, but it's obviously an EFFORT, too!

The body is well-realised, especially in a difficult headlong pose, though I wonder if "Quick" is a bit too well-muscled. Women generally don't develop bulgy muscles, but tend towards longer, more streamlined ones...especially in the case of a runner. (Of course, both male and female sprinters tend towards bulkier muscles for that explosive takeoff, especially since they don't have to carry the weight very far. But distance runners, like swimmers, tend towards the sleek and sometimes sinewy look.)

Within the limits of the medium, the face is very good, quite detailed and well-proportioned, even with that fiendishly difficult perspective effect. It is the face of a younger woman who's a bit of a gamin; isthis heroine in her late teens/early 20s and a bit of a tomboy?

The "fourth-wall breaking" is extremely effective as a tool to convey incredible speed. The mischief and glee on the heroine's face make the Flash-wings on her temples seem almost like pointed ears, á la a sprite or elf...as if the girl herself is partly a fairy creature of some sort.

I like this picture a great deal, Query. It's one of the few speedster pics I've seen that looked at all convincing, and not just absurd. Well done...oh, and Repped.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Valeria Richards, daughter of Reed and Sue Richards, my character in the Hero Central Game Justice Squadron:TNG.

I finally found a costume I liked, for some reason celtic knotwork really seems to work for a stretchy character. And then I thought, what if she made a knot of herself as an artistic gesture. And here it is.

ValeriaKnot.jpg

Absodamnlutely Fantastic!

Brilliant even

QM

Thanks. I had fun with this one, though it took forever. The original is 12x12" and the colored pencils took a long time to lay down and blend. I'm still deciding what media to use to finish my next piece. I'm getting sorely tempted to break out my acrylics.