'Smells like Teen Spirit'?

Sweeper

Re: 'Smells like Teen Spirit'?

Angst' date=' lower power levels, melodrama, black leather...I'm not sure how a Dark Champions: TAS Teen game would differ from a standard Teen Champions game. ;)[/quote']

The notion of a Teen DC:TAS reminds me of Kim Possible, actually. Maybe darken it up a little bit?

The notion of a Teen DC:TAS reminds me of Kim Possible' date=' actually. Maybe darken it up a little bit?[/quote']

Hmm... A Kim Possible based game would be pretty sweet. My buddy Mindy would probably be all for it as KP is one of her favorite Cartoons. :)

Let me see I've got it. You want to combine

Dark Champions: bad **** happens, blood flows, nothing's black&white

with

Teen Champions: Oh the angst! Oh I'm not popular! Oh my parents suck!

with

TAS: life's a cartoon, everything's black&white, all problems are solved in half an hour (with a preachy moral at the end)

All that, in one setting?!? Sorry, my mind won't tie itself into knots like that.

Let me see I've got it. You want to combine

Dark Champions: bad **** happens, blood flows, nothing's black&white

with

Teen Champions: Oh the angst! Oh I'm not popular! Oh my parents suck!

with

TAS: life's a cartoon, everything's black&white, all problems are solved in half an hour (with a preachy moral at the end)

All that, in one setting?!? Sorry, my mind won't tie itself into knots like that.

Its Dark Champions: The Animated series which can run the spectrum between "C.O.P.S" and "Batman the animated series" Just like "vanilla" Dark Champions can be everything from Daredevil to Spawn. For that matter, "Teen Champions" doesn't necessarily have to loaded down with angst.

Batman the animated series was not a preachy, all problems are solved in half an hour (at least no more than other television shows) and there were no preachy morals at the end, AICR, at least not the GI Joe style "And knowing is half the battle!" type

It seems like the setting would be similar to the shows that were mentioned "Kim Possible" or Totally Spies except more serious, drop the camp and comedy elements, use more "real world" problems and issues, less cartoonish violence. The animated series aspects would involve probably less lethality or at least less gore, the PCs would be more on the side of the angels so to speak (but not total white hats or shining paladins). The most difficult part. IMO, would be coming up with a plausible reason why the players organization is using such young operatives or they've decided to go this route on their own.

I think it could be fun it was handled well.

Its Dark Champions: The Animated series which can run the spectrum between "C.O.P.S" and "Batman the animated series" Just like "vanilla" Dark Champions can be everything from Daredevil to Spawn. For that matter, "Teen Champions" doesn't necessarily have to loaded down with angst.

Batman the animated series was not a preachy, all problems are solved in half an hour (at least no more than other television shows) and there were no preachy morals at the end, AICR, at least not the GI Joe style "And knowing is half the battle!" type

It seems like the setting would be similar to the shows that were mentioned "Kim Possible" or Totally Spies except more serious, drop the camp and comedy elements, use more "real world" problems and issues, less cartoonish violence. The animated series aspects would involve probably less lethality or at least less gore, the PCs would be more on the side of the angels so to speak (but not total white hats or shining paladins). The most difficult part. IMO, would be coming up with a plausible reason why the players organization is using such young operatives or they've decided to go this route on their own.

I think it could be fun it was handled well.

I like my teen games to be very campy, so this style wouldn't appeal to me. I'd think a Dark Teen Champions game would have a feeling (for the Teen PCs) of being just a litte bit over their head. A little of the noir detective plot: a little thing uncovers something *BIG* and possibly just beyond our teen heroes abilities. Something like a Scooby Doo style mystery uncovering a Yakuza Plot. I keep thinking of a early 1990s teen film where a boy on a French class trip to Paris stumbles into a superspy plot where everyone thinks HE is the superspy, because the spy came in (by sheer random chance) with his name as his cover, on the same day. (No, it wasn't 'Cody Banks')

In champs universe terms, I'm thinking about what happens when the 'gritty, realistic' Hudson City style heros discover, say, instead of a VIPER nest, a Kings of Edom plot hatching in their spandex-free city.

I like my teen games to be very campy, so this style wouldn't appeal to me. I'd think a Dark Teen Champions game would have a feeling (for the Teen PCs) of being just a litte bit over their head. A little of the noir detective plot: a little thing uncovers something *BIG* and possibly just beyond our teen heroes abilities. Something like a Scooby Doo style mystery uncovering a Yakuza Plot. I keep thinking of a early 1990s teen film where a boy on a French class trip to Paris stumbles into a superspy plot where everyone thinks HE is the superspy, because the spy came in (by sheer random chance) with his name as his cover, on the same day. (No, it wasn't 'Cody Banks')

In champs universe terms, I'm thinking about what happens when the 'gritty, realistic' Hudson City style heros discover, say, instead of a VIPER nest, a Kings of Edom plot hatching in their spandex-free city.

"If Looks could Kill" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102095/

I read this thread and I could not get the song by Warrant: 18 & life out of my head.:eg:

I think a great title would be: 21 Jump Street!:sneaky::P

What does a show about a bunch of creepy late 20 yr olds hanging out around a high school have to do with Teen Dark Champions? :confused:

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say Buffy the vampire slayer would be a good option as a template for a teen dark champions game. you have combination of the Humour and the angst first loves and first heart breaks mystery mayhem and supernatural power.

on the other hand the more serious episodes of the teen titans cartoon would also work while there was a lot of goofy stuff in that show to keep the younger kids entertained there was some very good serious stories.

for example the Interactions between Slade and the gang, Ravens father issues, Cyborg going under cover to infiltrate the hive academy and Jinx switching sides when she fell in love. these would be great elements to incorporate into a campaign.