Ensi’Ki, Divinity of the Earth

Certified

Just Mesopotamian around ... Ok ... ok... I know that was bad. Just having some fun tonight. Please forgive me if my names/titles are off I'm not too up on my Sanskrit. Also, I would like any thoughts you might have on the Undo Fate’s subversion power. It's a bit outside the norm.

Ensi’Ki

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6

15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

18 CON 16 13-

18 BODY 16 13-

28 INT 18 15- PER Roll 15-

23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 ½d6

12 COM 1 11-

2+23 PD 0 Total: 2/25 PD (0/23 rPD)

4+23 ED 0 Total: 4/27 ED (0/23 rED)

5 SPD 25 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

6 REC 0

36 END 0

32 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 125

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 28"/56"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

22 Strands of Heavens: Elemental Control, 90-point powers, (45 Active Points); all slots OIF (The Strands of Heaven are seven silk cords that unite the two Ensi; -½), Incantations (-¼), Gestures (-¼)

23 1) Flight 28", Position Shift, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (91 Active Points); OIF (The Strands of Heaven are seven silk cords that unite the two Ensi; -½), Incantations (-¼), Gestures (-¼) 0

23 2) Force Field (23 PD/23 ED/6 Power Defense), Hardened (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (91 Active Points); OIF (The Strands of Heaven are seven silk cords that unite the two Ensi; -½), Incantations (-¼), Gestures (-¼) 0

6 Iron Will: Mental Defense (11 points total) 0

35 Scales of Balance : Multipower, 80-point reserve, (80 Active Points); OIF (The Scales of Balance are a set of Bronze scales bound to the Ensi’Ki. The Ensi’Anu possesses an identical pair. They may only be separated from the Ensi if both release them at the same time.; -½), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Cannot be used to alter natural events; -¼), Incantations (-¼), Gestures (-¼)

8u 1) Weight of the Willing: Ego Attack 8d6 (Human class of minds) (80 Active Points) 8

6u 2) All things must someday end: Energy Blast 4 ½d6, Does BODY (+1), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Flash Defense Mystic Group; +1 ½) (80 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -¼) 8

5u 3) Undo Fate’s subversion : Luck 10d6, Usable By Other (+¼) (62 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼) 6

Notes: Undo Fate’s subversion uses the following variant for Luck: At the begining of the game session, the player rolls his Luck dice and counts the total. That total represents a number of points the player may add or subtract from rolls throughout the game to get better results. Note 2: Ensi'Ki cannot use this ability on the same phase as other powers from the Scales of Balance

Perks

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

5 Money: Well Off

Talents

17 Magesight, Discriminatory, Perceive into a single other dimension, Sense

Notes: Magesight allows her to see enchanments in the Spirit Realm as well.

Skills

9 Focus of Balance: +3 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks

3 Analyze: Magic 15-

3 Bribery 13-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Concealment 15-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Cryptography 15-

3 Deduction 15-

3 Forgery 15-

3 Linguist

2 1) Language: Arabic (Modern) (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

0 2) Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

2 3) Language: Hebrew (Classical) (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

2 4) Language: Latin (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

2 5) Language: Old Persian (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

2 6) Language: Sanskrit (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

3 Persuasion 13-

3 PS: Archeologist 15-

3 Research 15-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Occult History (3 Active Points) 15-

2 2) KS: Secret Societies (3 Active Points) 15-

2 3) KS: Smuggling (3 Active Points) 15-

2 4) KS: The Ancient World (3 Active Points) 15-

2 5) KS: The Black Market (3 Active Points) 15-

3 Shadowing 15-

3 Stealth 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 225

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: When acting as the Ensi’Ka her body glows with a golden aura from her force field. (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Notes: This power takes effect whenever Aja is placed in a position of decision that may affect others in a significant way.

15 Hunted: The Order of the Sun 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Strong

15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)

20 Reputation: Mage of unknown intent, 14- (Extreme)

Notes: Because of Ensi’Ka’s nature she has both aided and hindered the heroes of the world. Most notably during a volcanic eruption in Hawaii Ensi’Ka took direct action to prevent rescue workers from arriving on scene, her motivations for this act remain unclear.

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Occasionally, Severe)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders Very Frequently (14-), Major

20 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret (Frequently, Severe)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN From Darkness based Attacks (Uncommon)

5 Vulnerability: 1 ½ x STUN Pleasurable Attacks (Uncommon)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Descended from English and Iranian heritage Aja grew up knowing wealth and understanding tradition. With best intentions she rarely saw either of her parents as she attended boarding schools and later college. During her third year at New Hall however, her life took a dramatic change. Deciding to spend a summer learning in her mother’s homeland Aja joined on with a dig team heading to Iran to search for Mesopotamian relics.

There she found an excitement she had never known, the taste of adventure. Even with the shifting politics in the then progressive country only served to excite her more. The next six years seemed to drift by in a wave of sand. Changing her studies each summer saw her returning to the Middle East, her last two trips with funding from the school. It is this final trip that Aja ceased to be and Ensi’Ki was reborn.

At a dig site east of Karkuk along the Iranian border Aja and team were attacked by an unknown faction. In the confusion she scrambled into the ruins of as of yet unnamed city. The architecture and layout were notably Babylonian. The dig had uncovered tunnels of the older city that had been covered by construction. As she sank deeper into the catacombs she feared the gunmen less and the possibility of a cave in more. Unsure of how long she wandered through the city found her way to the site of the old granary and base of the ziggurat. Curiosity taking control, she began to shift through the remains by flashlight.

Buried inside a hiding place at the steps of the temple was a single bronze scale wrapped in silk cords; neither showing any signs of age. As she reached for them a vision was bestowed upon her. Since before the time of the Sumerians there had been struggle in the heavens as well as the earth. As Gods and man waged wars there were those who sought to end them. In this there had always been a balance. Two divinities beset by all others to hold the equilibrium between the actions and wills of both Gods and men. With the rise of the Persian Empire these divinities and this balance was lost.

As Aja held the Scales of Balance she understood all of this and she knew that she was one of two, the Ensi’Ki, Divinity of the Earth while in the realm of the Gods Ensi’Anu, Divinity of the Heavens held the other scale. Holding the Scales the Twelve Silk Strands wrapped themselves across her arms each a blessing from those that would see balance preserved. They had been the ones to grant her the vision and to see once the man she must never meet but would forever serve alongside.

The burdens of balance and justice have sent her across the glove in the years since the first vision. When she dreams Aja is sees only the junctions of light and dark natural and unnatural. When she awakens the journey continues.

Personality/Motivation: At times she has wondered if she is driven by a will not her own. Forced to remember her times when she a girl ignorant of the weight she would later be forced to carry. However, she has never faltered in following her purpose, she understands that without the Ensi’Ki the Ensi’Anu is powerless as well. Sometimes, Aja finds herself hunted by those she left behind, at home, at New Hall and worst at the Dig. These are the nights when she cannot dream, only waits staring into the darkness.

Quote: "This must come to pass."

Appearance: Slender, Aja’s body is lean and quick with long straight brown hair framing face and neck. When acting as the Ensi’Ki she often chooses to wear a simple blue robe adorned by various charms she has acquired over the years.

Re: Ensi’Ki, Divinity of the Earth

The power I wondered about was Undo Fate’s subversion : Luck 10d6, Usable By Other

Normally you shouldn't place Luck in any Power Framework, but the way it's intended and I tried to write it, the power should be usable for her on normal tasks, not her attack powers that come through the same Focus/Multi-power, or to aid others.

The power I wondered about was Undo Fate’s subversion : Luck 10d6, Usable By Other

Normally you shouldn't place Luck in any Power Framework, but the way it's intended and I tried to write it, the power should be usable for her on normal tasks, not her attack powers that come through the same Focus/Multi-power, or to aid others.

"Shouldn't" and "Can't" are two separate animals; if by her presence she can make other people luckier, and you're comfortable with the luck mechanics, then by all means. It's a crazy AMOUNT of luck, but she could certainly do it. I don't know if this is UBO or UAA, I'd have to check the rules when I get home to see the difference in terms of how they're applied as an effect, but I don't have a problem with it.

Um' date=' well, if the OIF are expendable, that means they go away, and if it's difficult to obtain new focus, then these powers are only good about 7 times before she has to go questing again, yes? What else were you looking for feedback on?[/quote']

He's right, you know. I don't think you want "Expendable" on this.

Lucius Alexander

And the inevitable palindromedary

The Foci have been updated' date=' they are no longer expendable instead Incantations and Gestures are required, witch I believe fit with the character's overall concept.[/quote']

Generally much easier. Expendable foci are for things like grenades and what have you, or if you really want to limit how often someone can do something. If you were feeling really really anal you could build magic spells as having 'expendable foci,' which... most of my wizard conversion spells did. Come to think of it. :think:

• 2 years later...