Your "2008" Pet Gaming Projects

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your "2008" Pet Gaming Projects

Well, we're finally finishing up a fantasy campaign from another company after 4 years and this Friday I need my players to decide what they want to play next. I gave them the option of Champions- which they seem to be interested in, Serenity- because it is just an awesome Universe, CoC- either 20's thru 40's or modern day reality show type play. (Think Ghost Hunters/ Most Haunted/etc... but with Cthulhu aspects.) Or we could start up yet another fantasy game. I have to wait and see how many players still want to show up. I could be without a group or most of my group due to RL events. So my goal for 2008 is to start up a new campaign, hopefully Champions, and perhaps have to dig up new players. But overall I just hope I have a group.

I'm gonna do it this year. As God is my Witness I'm a gonna do it.

I'm gonna finish and refine my Cyber HERO material. Unless Steve and Darren announce it for 2009, I will have my Cyberpunk HERO campaign set by the end of the year.

It's already been eaten once by the digital Ghoul when the thumbstick upon which the files were on went belly up.

It's been delayed again and again by school.

But now, I have the time, and the resources! There will be Cyber HERO.

So say we all... err I mean Sez ME!!!

I'm gonna do it this year. As God is my Witness I'm a gonna do it.

I'm gonna finish and refine my Cyber HERO material. Unless Steve and Darren announce it for 2009, I will have my Cyberpunk HERO campaign set by the end of the year.

It's already been eaten once by the digital Ghoul when the thumbstick upon which the files were on went belly up.

It's been delayed again and again by school.

But now, I have the time, and the resources! There will be Cyber HERO.

So say we all... err I mean Sez ME!!!

You better hurry, I just finished another chapter of Kazei 5 2.0.

OH it's not for publication. I've had this setting burning in my head for three years! I ran a short con game at Kubla with it a couple of years ago. But now, I'll have my campaign if it kills me! (cause see, I've got a DocWagon Platinum contract, and they give three resuscitations per year... if you don't use them, you lose them.)

OH it's not for publication. I've had this setting burning in my head for three years! I ran a short con game at Kubla with it a couple of years ago. But now' date=' I'll have my campaign if it kills me! (cause see, I've got a DocWagon Platinum contract, and they give three resuscitations per year... if you don't use them, you lose them.)[/quote']

Ahhh... I see.

If I get a few players, I may start a couple of D&D/AD&D campaigns. One would be a Forgotten Realms campaign using the 2nd Edition rules. The other would be set in Middle-earth using the Moldvay (red book) Basic and Cook/Marsh (blue book) Expert Sets.

YOUR "2008" PET GAMING PROJECTS!

CHAMPIONS

Make a new campaign setting, got lists of characters started already

DARK CHAMPIONS

None

FANTASY HERO

None

PULP HERO

Make a character or three

STAR HERO

Buy the book

OTHER HERO

Steampunking and Urban Fantasy mixing up the Champions setting

I've pushed all of my various campaigns to the back-burner in an effort to get Aerth really moving. I've shifted the online campaigns to a variation on the PDQ system, but considering moving it back to HERO, hoping more players will show interest.

So, if you're looking for an online game...

The game itself:

http://herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?campaignId=637173

Hero Games Forum with lots of crunchy bits and discussion:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44510

Campaign Write up in the Setting:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58510

I have 3 gaming goals this year:

1. Dune HERO conversion, I finally got started on this a little while ago.

2. Finally deliver the Pulp HERO game I've been working on for the last year. I'm about 80% done.

3. Start converting Transhuman Space to HERO

Because of a disagreement I had with one of the players in my group, I may not be able to GM in the future. (He still GM's, and we are still friends, so it is not a big deal).

If, however, I get the chance then I am thinking of running a Fantasy version of the Gestalt setting. I have been looking at other "God" related RPGs for ideas. This includes...

New Gods of Mankind

Divinity

GURPS Religion

Immortals (Mongoose Publishing D20)

etc.

YOUR "2008" PET GAMING PROJECTS!

Top Priority - try to run 2 games a month.

These will be a mix of Champions and D&D.

My players are my kids, so the attention level varies. But we had a great run with our Sky High game over the holidays. And we have both an adult age Champions game, and a D&D campaign out there to return to when we want a change.

- Continue my blogging of the Sky High game, to capture details of games in a place where the players can comment and contribute.

- Start a parallel blog (which the players won't know about) to discuss campaign ideas with my many GMing friends

Convention Runs at GENCON

Sky High Hero (Teen Champions based on the Movie of that name)

Covert existing characters from home game, adding several NPC's to game as PC options. Maybe even try to have more characters than slots so the players have their pick. Creating characters isn't my favorite part so this is optional.

Co-GMs are local, and we already have several scenes.

Champions XXV - The Century of Heroes Continues - Don't Stop Thinking about Tomorrow

Got the blurb negotiated (changed again from what I posted here) and sent to our organizer (bless you poo-bah!)

Character changes, new character write-ups, plot definition, etc. This is a long distance writing team so regular conf calls are essential.

Justice Inc Revival - One more run for the old set of characters: Harry Preston, Shannon Macrae, Nick Halliday, Commander Ross and others. Being run by the wonderful wife and friends. Photocopy and/or scan old materials as needed. Comment at edit as I feel like butting my nose in :)

Justice Inc Revival - One more run for the old set of characters: Harry Preston' date=' Shannon Macrae, Nick Halliday, Commander Ross and others. Being run by the wonderful wife and friends. Photocopy and/or scan old materials as needed. Comment at edit as I feel like butting my nose in :)[/quote']

Unfortunately I doubt that I'll have time to play this either despite its tremendous appeal to me. But tell your wonderful wife that I say hi.

That old Justice Inc. game was always a favorite of mine -- I think I played in the first ever convention run of it you ever did which was Origins 1985 at Towson University. That game was a huge influence on my Friends of Justice event.