Time Travel Wish List?

bcaplan

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Time Travel Wish List?

Natural history tends to interest me more than human history. With that in mind, my top three times would be:

1) The late Cambrian period, about 515 MYA. So many trippy critters with no known descendants, so few specimen containers... Check out details about the critters found in the Burgess shale and you'll know what I mean.

2) The late Carboniferous period. Giant arthropods abound! 6-foot millipedes, 9-foot eurypterids. Need I say more?:D

3) The late Cretaceous. I'd love the chance to see my favorite dinosaurs - assuming I wasn't in a position to get eaten.

That being said, I realize this wouldn't be to most people's tastes RPG-wise! So much of why I'd like this sort of thing would be knowing what things were "really" like - not nearly so satisfying when it's all made up.

Re: Time Travel Wish List?

Natural history tends to interest me more than human history. With that in mind, my top three times would be:

1) The late Cambrian period, about 515 MYA. So many trippy critters with no known descendants, so few specimen containers... Check out details about the critters found in the Burgess shale and you'll know what I mean.

2) The late Carboniferous period. Giant arthropods abound! 6-foot millipedes, 9-foot eurypterids. Need I say more?:D

3) The late Cretaceous. I'd love the chance to see my favorite dinosaurs - assuming I wasn't in a position to get eaten.

That being said, I realize this wouldn't be to most people's tastes RPG-wise!

What, weird creatures, giant insects, and dinosaurs?

So much of why I'd like this sort of thing would be knowing what things were "really" like - not nearly so satisfying when it's all made up.

True enough, but speculation can be fun, too.