Druidic Magic 3.5 Conversion to HERO

Thia Halmades

I've added three levels of Druidic Magic. I've gotten to the point where I can either pretty much sail through them (with time) or cut & paste from either of the other two conversions. I needed to do these because one of my players suddenly decided to play a Druid. So, here's the conversion for your consumption.

Re: Druidic Magic 3.5 Conversion to HERO

you are the man! i was going to help with this, but i had just started on 0th level (stupid work and school)

you are totally awesome in the totally Strong Bad way!

Thanks! I do what I can with my limited time & resources. I'm very pleased with how they turned out; they'll hit the table fairly soon as I have a Druid PC. Got my first "Wizard Spell" off tonight, and it worked exactly as it should. I was extremely pleased, overall.

I sure am racking up a tab for rep with you (and teh bunneh for his campaign posts).

I'm starting to hate the rep system. Seems like 9 out of every 10 times I wanna rep someone, I need to "spread it around first". =/

I'm starting to hate the rep system. Seems like 9 out of every 10 times I wanna rep someone' date=' I need to "spread it around first". =/[/quote']

I have the same problem. It's a simple matter of sympathy; often you'll find work that someone does (me, Keyes, KS, Oddhat) to be repworthy, or they'll have a sense of humor that always gets you grinnin' (for me its Proditor, Log, Vestnik OTTOMH) and then there're the cats who just contribute so well you can't help but want to rep them (for example, ANY post by MarkDoc, Cancer or OddHat). And that's FAR from a complete list, but I'll get flustered when Proditor puts up something that sets me howling and I can't rep him again yet.

But I certainly appreciate the number of times people say "Someone rep this guy, I can't yet." It's a very cool feeling.

Yup yup yup, I don't surf around enough on these forums anymore to find repping stuff, so it's only a few people I wanna rep, usually. I've been trying to remember to rep people for amusing things more often lately, though, cause I usually don't remember, sadly.

It is really cool when I get repped, though, especially when it's from someone that I admire on these forums (Sean, Thia, KS, etc.). That makes it just extra special cause it means you did something that was of note to those people.

• 2 weeks later...

A funny thing happened on the way to the Barghest:

So the Druid casts Call Lightning but blows his RSR. Pity. Meanwhile, the Arm Follower of the party face decides to save his host by casting Scorching Ray (2d6+1 AF 2). Makes his skill roll. Makes an attack roll, by a wide enough margin to land both hits. Makes two hit location rolls (Chest, Shoulder, both 1xBODY and 3xSTUN).

Drops Box Cars for the first round (13 BODY) and 9 for the second (10 BODY). And the stench of Fresh Roasted Barghest filled the room. Awesome, awesome sight to see.

Per some help from Chris Goodwin and the shiny new chat log, we have a new version of the DRU2 spell "Delay Poison" that works MUCH better for the system:

13 Delay Poison: Suppress 7d6, any Poison power one at a time (+1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0) (44 Active Points); OIF (Holy Symbol; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4)

Please update accordingly.