Zombie Apocalypse!

dustytomes

For several months you have been having dreams a bout zombies. At first you thought they where just recurring nightmares. But then you saw a news report about violent assault at the midtown mall. One Ronald Simms assaulted 6 people seriously injuring 2. In the grainy security video of the assault you see your nightmare almost to the T. The only difference is in your dream Ronald was one of the walking dead but in the video Ronald was just a deranged psycho. This pattern of your zombie nightmares coming true continued until at last you come to the realization that your dreams aren't just dreams they are visions. Your visions are getting worse. Recently you have predicted a prison and a hospital riot. And most resent visions are of a city wide riot. Slowly you realize you are receiving vision of a...

Zombie Apocalypse!

Re: Zombie Apocalypse!

Try as you mite you are unable to convince anyone of the coming Zombie Apocalypse! Others see you as just another nut job. Your wife has threatened to "divorce your crazy ass if you don't knock this zombie crap off!" Your most recent vision is of a citywide zombie riot. If the pattern of your vision holds true you have just two weeks to prepare for the

Zombie Apocalypse!

Character: The Mechanic

An ex-army hummvee mechanic you mustered out without any job prospects. You took a job as assistant manager at your Father-in-laws junkyard. You also fix cars in your spare time. Times are hard in 2022 and you had to move in to the Rustic Acres trailer park(manufactured home park). You love your wife and 2 kids even if things have been rocky lately.

Character: The Bouncer

As a recovering alcoholic you have lived a hard life. Your greatest hope it to one day get partial custody of your kid. Failing that you'll have to settle for visitations if that B*tch ex-wife of your will let you. luckily Your trailer and Harley are paid for. Cuz Bouncing don't pay much. Your doing the 12 steps and living life one day at a time.

Character: The Ex-Cop

It's not your fault that old lady pulled out in front of you in that high speed chase. And It was not your fault she was the Mayor's Nana. But calling her an Old Cow probably didn't help. As an armed guard you took a 20% cut in pay and your Ford Taurus is definitely a down grade from your old Crown Vic. But oddly enough losing your old job has actually helped your marriage.

Rules:

All Characters are skilled normals(25/25)

The theme should be Average Joe(no Ninjas, Navy Seals, Pop Stars, or super models) All Chars live in the same Manufactured home park. They know each other but may not be friends or even like each other.

Only one stat can have more than +10pt spent

Character with highest Pre is the leader.

Everyman Skills

Acting

AK: Home country or region

Climbing

Concealment

Conversation

Deduction

Native Language (4 points' worth, includes literacy)

PS of player's choice at 11-

Persuasion

Shadowing

Stealth

Transport Familiarity: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

perks: no wealth perks. many other perks will be rendered useless after the apocalypse

talents: All ok, except Combat Luck, Danger Sense and Universa Translator.

New Talent: Latent Psychic 3pt(can you say plot hook?)

NO POWERS!

ALL Chars will have at least one dnpc (saving them is kinda the whole point of the campaign) dnpc should be stated as they will be your back up chars.

many dissads are unavailable most Hunteds, social and reputation are not applicable after the apocalypse.

A Brief

History of the Future!

Aug 4 2008: Israel Bombs Iranian enrichment facilities. This damn near starts WWIII.

Sept 2nd 2008: Islamofascists respond by seizing 8 US middle schools, Beslan-style.

Nov 4, 2008: John McCain is elected the 56th US president.

Oct 5th, 2008: John McCain signs the U.N. Global Warming Treaty.

Nov 12, 2008: John McCain starts Operation Onslaught. 50,000 more troops are sent to Iraq. Things soon spin out of control with Iran, Turkey and Syria.

Jan 2008: U.N. Global Warming Tax comes due at $1.2 trillion a year. US debt soars to over 10 trillion dollars.

2009: To get an the funds for annother increace in Operation Onslaught President McCain signs The new federal CHIP program. US debt soars to over 12 trillion dollars.

2010: China theatens to dump the Dollar if the US stops them from invading Taiwan. President McCain sends an aircraft carrier to block the invasion. China responds by dumping trillions of dollars on the currency market, bankrupting the US.

2011: Russia backs the ruble with a diamond standard. Opec immediately starts excepting rubles for oil. The ruble surges ahead of the euro and the yuan as the new world currency. As other nations dump dollars in favor of rubles the US inters the 2nd Great Depression(GWII).

2012: Obama sweeps into the White House. Obama starts a gradual withdrawal Of the Troops and his Newer Deal.

2013: Obama signs the North American Union treaty. Uniting the US, Canada and Mexico into a European Union like entity. The Amero is made the common currency, and is backed in gold. The US Supreme Court decides that the Hague has jurisdiction over the Supreme Court in matters involving global warming.

2012-2020: GWII deepens. Oil/energy companies are blamed and penalized. Massive unemployment is meet with massive workfare programs.

2020: Jeb Bush is elected president. Jeb urges Congress to repeal the global warming treaty.

2021: Massive riots in Mexico are blamed on Zapatista rebels.

2022: The V.I.S. is linked to numerous psychotic episodes/attacks.

Hot Tech in 2022

Nano-tubes. Nano-tubes allow for nano computing and nano RF tags. Cellphones in 2022 have as much computing power as high end 2008 desktop. Nano computers are limited more by interfaces than any thing else. Monitors, keyboards and mouses are huge and bulky compared to the nano pc's they connect to. Enter virtual monitors, keyboards and mouses. Bluetooth Interactive bracelets or BIBs allow users to manipulate virtual world. H.U.D. glasses allow users to see the virtual world. Thats were Nano RF tags come in. Nano tags are small enough to be put in paint and ink. All the info about any item in digitally encoded in the RF Paint on the item. Now You can download the real world.

• 2 weeks later...

This Sunday I played in Zombie Apocalypse I was one of only a hand full of people to make it out of my trailer park alive and I'm currently rolling down the street O.J. style in an armored up White Bronco with my characters best buddy and his preteen son (Turkey) enroute to the Exotic Dance Club my girlfriend works at.

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

You turn on the TV your program is interrupted by a news bulletin.

Then it hits You. Friday as you where picking up your kid. A big Con-Agra Truck was blocking the entrance to the school. You remember because the idiot went in the wrong entrance and got stuck. Oh Crap! They where delivering contaminated beef to your kids school!!

The first Mutants & Masterminds game I ran (*dodges thrown tomatoes*), it was to be "Smallville meets Night of the Living Dead". Meteorites start falling, though most burn up in Earth's atmosphere. A few survive re-entry, and people exposed to them gain superpowers. Unfortunately, after a few days, the meteorite dust from the ones which burned up have spread all throughout the world, seeping into the water table and into any place that wasn't fully air-tight. Which caused the dead to rise (as slow & shambly Romero-esque ghouls), and anyone who died for any reason would also rise as a ghoul.

The game went... poorly. I'd decided to let the players play as themselves with powers, and once they got 'em they began acting more selfishly & brutally than even I'd imagined. (one was Superman-Lite, one was Silver Surfer-Lite, one was Graviton-Lite, one was Shadow King-Lite, and one was Morph-Lite.) By the second session, they'd taken over a local McMansion, walled it off, brought in a ton of supplies from a nearby grocery store and pharmacy, and later 'saved' several 'hot chicks' from the surrounding area (which the mentalist 'coerced' into being our 'loyal and grateful girlfriends'). The players then declared that they'd won (one actually used those exact words), nothing I could throw at them could stop them, and suggested starting a new teen hero campaign.

I hope yours goes far better than mine!